Page 1 of 2
LastLast

did you use SW:D to help stack your shadow weaving?

Shadow Weaving: Shadow Word: Death: Will now only apply one copy of this buff per cast.

Not like this change at all.
    /Discuss

Re: did you use SW:D to help stack your shadow weaving?

what's there to discuss. like you said it'll hardly change anything really.

Mstone2005 came up with this in a thread a few pages back on stacking weaving the most optimal/quickest...
    VT- MB- DP- SWD- MB- SWP.

It's not a change. it's a fix.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, if I use SW I already have a full stack of shadow weaving up anyway.

It just changes your initial starting rotation to VT -> MB -> DP -> SW: D -> MB -> SW: P

Nothing to panic about.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    Mstone2005 came up with this in a thread a few pages back on stacking weaving the most optimal/quickest...
    VT- MB- DP- SWD- MB- SWP.
    won't MB still be on CD when you do your 2nd one?
    1.5 + 1 + 1 = 3.5 even less with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    for 2 sec yes it will on a macro. if your a clicker then probably not as it will take you a second to mouse over to the next spell twice....

Did you seriously make a new thread to cry about an obvious bug fix going live?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    mind blast cd begins once you finish casting mb. It will then take 3 seconds worth of cast time to cast dp and swd. you cannot begin casting mb for another 2.5 seconds. If you have 300 haste, you will be able to cast dp, swd, and a mind flay in the 5.5 second gap between mb's.

Perhaps even start off with a Mind Blast as entry cast? With a preemptive fade you can't pull aggro, and replenishment can wait 3 GCDs

I would always cast SW first, then VT, MB, DP, SW:P.... i guess i'll have to come up with something else...

Actually quick question... if I cast VT with 0 stacks of SW and as VT lands I get 1 stack... is VT affected by that 1 stack or 0?

With that in mind i'll probably still start with SW and go VT, MB, MF, DP, SW:P

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    With that in mind i'll probably still start with SW and go VT, MB, MF, DP, SW:P
    cast sw:d + 1.5 gcd + 1.5 cast vt + 1.5 gcd + 1.5 cast mb + 1.5 gcd + 3 cast mf + cast dp + 1.5 gcd = 12 seconds then sw

You should rather do:

Fade, Mind Blast, SWD (abusing the spellque for instants), VT, Dev Plague, Mind Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You should rather do:

Fade, Mind Blast, SWD (abusing the spellque for instants), VT, Dev Plague, Mind Blast.
    on live i'm throw in ve and that works. still about 1 sec short to recast mb if not. i am basically using your model
    mb - sw:d - vt - ve - dp - mb and there is no gap...

Oh yeah, I use VE as well, but it depends on the fight when I throw it in. Say on Patchwerk I would do it as the first cast while he's moving into position.

Hey, I got an idea, since blizzard fixed this bug, maybe he fixed the refresh bug so we don't HAVE to make up stupid ass rotations? I mean WTF, this is all to go around a bug that should be hot fixed a day after Wotlk shiped... or even before that...

What are you thinking of ? What each tick of MF should refresh Shadow Weaving?

No ofc not, the one where you have to stack 5 stacks of SW and then pop Pain, or it will refresh from MF with only the basic value of SW.

I mean, this is the reason why we have to wait with Pain as the last spell, when it would be a great opener as we (or the boss) run into position etc. \

Why can't blizzard fix it so that when refreshing, the current amount of SW (and spell power, crit rating, whatever else) is calculated?