New hidden rating

Me and my rogue partner have a 2v2 team.

Since new patch, went 32-35, we are now at 1485 ( yes lol ), we almost got 1600.

We always played games together, we got a total or 6 DC so far.

Team rating : 1484

My PR : 1425

Rogue PR : 1563

Ok so after 67 games together, we have a difference of 138

WTF blizz ?!

When we were near the glove rating 1615, i was at 1550 and my rogue friend was at 1660, it's a complete joke.

Re: New hidden rating

im pretty sure deaths and kills have something to do with the hidden/personal rating. I play pvp resto and i have the lowest rating on my 3v3 team.

From what I hear, it doesn't seem like arena's completely fixed yet. It's more of a matter of playing around with failure and seeing what fails the least right now.

Alright i usually spend all my time in arena.

But when its broken, this is what you do.

Play 10 games a week just for points. Get on an alt, and level him.

/cheer
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Eilrah
    im pretty sure deaths and kills have something to do with the hidden/personal rating. I play pvp resto and i have the lowest rating on my 3v3 team.
    I think this might be true. I constantly out-perform my 2's ret partner in damage dealt, healing done and deaths caused/incurred. He consistantly loses more points on our losses and gains less points on our wins. We're considering starting a new team from scratch to see if the discrepency remains, but obviously he's more willing to do so than I am :P

Im having the same problem with my team. Normally I dont play on patch day. I AH / make gold off patch changes. I did play games on patch day, went 11 and 1. Of course that got rolled back.

Saturday my bud and I played 72 games, during those games I saw some weird numbers for ratings. Sometimes we would lose 4 and the other team would gain 20, sometimes we would win 5 and the other team would lose 10. But after the end of the 72 games my bud's rating went from 1500 to 1521. My rating went from 1754 to 1703.

Granted I should have not played on patch day, only played 10 games, stopped after the first game. Regardless I was having fun and not caring about points. My Main Issue is my personal rating is not the same as the team rating. And I have played every single game my team has played.

Sincerly,
    Confused

**Edited, my rating went from 1754-->1703
    his rating went from 1500-->1521

Honestly i'd say that hidden rateing is just a myth. I spent the night playing 3v3, me as hunter, a disc priest and a mutilate rogue. A rather dareing combo in todays dirty swamp filled with ravageing deathknights we call PVP. As we went in we won the 3 first games and got around 5-8 rateing for each win, "sure" we thougt, asumeing they just had low rateing, then "they" came! The flavor of the month teams. Deathknights, paladins, mages. And we started loseing. And too my suprise i noticed we lost around 25-30 rateing on each game, we went from 1600 rateing too around 1480 in just a matter of minutes, we struggeled too get back up and the night ended with 11 won and 13 lost.

Anyway, enough backstory and DK whine. The thing about this was that we lost a HUGE ammount of rateing everytime, my team rateing keept flying about around 1600 rateing, it hardly went up or down. I whould have guessed it where about a 2 points up or down on each fight. While my first where down at 1400 personal rateing in just a matter of minutes.

My point is simply this, once again the arena rateing is broken.
    And once again we can start thinking what the company really is doing with all those millions they earn each month? Maybe they are haveing a huge ice-cream debt too the planet Om-nom in sector 74... or something.
    "Actually... Ponytails turn me on. That ponytail you had back whenever... looked so good it was criminal."

Deleted

Actualy it's working as intended.
    Blizz stated they use a "hidden rating" counting rating a bit differently, and probably noone except them understands how it works.
    From my oobservation:

-If you are a healer you will always recieve less rating than your partner (cool, lets kick healers once more while they lie on the ground)
    - Higher Rating you have more points you recieve/less you lose. It means you will lose quite low amount of points at 2k rating, and recieving huge amounts (20-30) of personal points for a win. People with 2900 personal rating were seen around.
    Unfortunately it means if you have low rating (around 1500) you recieve less points for win, and more for a loss.
    Just an example. My guildmate LOST 1 point of his rating after he won a game.

I realy don't see any sense at all in this but obviously BLizz does.

Played around 70 games for 2s last night. Its a bit annoyiing we started at 1690. Wins for us gave us 4-6 points. Losses gave us 7-9.

We got to 1715. after like 40 games and it went down hill some. So its feeling like you need 2:1 win/loss ratio to progress further ..

In 3's though we were getting bigger point swings, but we started the team at 1500. We can now see some hints what the hidden rating is about. Our 3x team is at 1550, i'm at 1560 personal, mage at 1570 personal and healing pala at 1488 .... Well healers die the more often than not.

Doesn't really seem fair (as pointed above) to be a healer since they are usually first target.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairIsANinja
    From what I hear, it doesn't seem like arena's completely fixed yet. It's more of a matter of playing around with failure and seeing what fails the least right now.
    Yeah, and so far what fails the least is the system that was in place prior to 3.0.8...

On the personal rating I have the same issue; the pally I arena with is 10 pr ahead of me in all brackets. Not only that, but all of our pr is way behind our team--we went from 1700 to 1800 (baddies, I know) in 3s today off of 5 point wins and my pr is a full 49 points behind the team rating.

The new rating changes and matchmaking changes are terrible beyond words.

I think this picture sums it up nicely (shamelessly stolen from an AJ link)
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7909/7c0eb1c4b6rk8.png

-I'm sure the picture has been making the rounds here too, but it deserves reposting.