anyone else feel burned by Achievement brew of the month stuff

"2 Years needed to get a Violet Proto-Drake because of "Brew of the Year"
    We're still comfortable with the length of time it takes to achieve the Violet Proto-Drake with Brew of the Year included -- and, yes, we're taking into account Death Knights, new characters, and people who missed last Brewfest or did not join the club. You'll be able to complete the meta achievement in time if you choose to concentrate on those achievements.

There is a perception out there that the Violet Proto-Drake is the drake for "casual" players, but that isn't strictly true, in all honesty (and can devolve into a debate on what the definition of casual happens to be, which is subjective and not something I wish to get into.) It's the reward for participating in a great deal of the holiday content, and Brew of the Year factors into that content as it is achievable through participating a single instance of the Brewfest holiday and following through for one year. This is in contrast to Veteran Nanny, which required you to participate in Children's Week thrice, and achievements like A Mask For All Occasions, where the probability involved was too low to be reasonably included in the meta achievement. The Brew of the Month club is easily acquired during Brewfest, there's no game of chance involved, and it doesn't require revisiting the holiday provided you check your mail every month.

Some achievements require skill, and some require time and a bit of dedication. This is one of the latter, and we've no plans currently to change it."

> This is ridiculous I have been working on this achievement since it started and was looking forward to having my Violet Proto-Drake by Brewfest this year. NOT only did they not tell us that you would need this "Brew of the Month Club" while brewfest was still going on last year BUT NOW your telling me;I who have been doing this religiously; will have to wait a WHOLE year for ONE part of an achievement. This is a load of crap. I understand that they want to make it rare but this is uncalled for! I for one think it needs to be changed. >

Re: anyone else feel burned by Achievement brew of the month stuff

It will be removed, stop worrying and enjoy the game.

When brewfest comes out next year people's third alts are going to be riding violet proto drakes. i'd rather not see every tom dick and harry on a violet proto drake. if one less person gets it thats great in my book. and tbh doing the brew of the year basically shows if you are dedicated or not. not having done it cuz you didn't know there was a prize for it means you really didn't care about the holiday events. personally i woulda liked it if they just said after one year "surprise everyone who did the events gets a proto drake"

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Caspur
    > This is ridiculous I have been working on this achievement since it started and was looking forward to having my Violet Proto-Drake by Brewfest this year. NOT only did they not tell us that you would need this "Brew of the Month Club" while brewfest was still going on last year BUT NOW your telling me;I who have been doing this religiously; will have to wait a WHOLE year for ONE part of an achievement. This is a load of crap. I understand that they want to make it rare but this is uncalled for! I for one think it needs to be changed. >
    no you're wrong. ppl knew about it, it was on wowinsider.com for example. also wotlk was on ptr so the info was out there.

basically you completely fail, you're a retard and you're a QQer. go away and stop whinging

The user has been banned for that post

do we really need a new thread about this each time it pops up on the front page?

To be honest it's another stupid VANITY item!

It's nothing to QQ over, just another stupid mount you can waste time on if you chose to do so.

Dont QQ if you can't get the mount because you obviously dont have the drive to do so.

No I wont be going after the mount, because I chose not to waste time on "holiday" events.
    Do I QQ cause I dont like doing holiday quests for a mount, No!
    If you want the mount then do as they ask if not shut up.

320% mount speed.. woooo hooo big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    It will be removed, stop worrying and enjoy the game.
    there was a blue post saying it was NOT getting removed

the main point being that it's stupid for one single achievement to take a year while all the rest can be completed in a few days during their respective events, if it was like this for several events, it wouldn't be a big deal, but one single event that just happens to take a year to complete? makes no sense

I am, and hope they change it. Completing every holiday achievement should show enough dedication; requiring something that takes a year to complete from before achievements were implemented is just painful.

And I should not have to farm PTR's for that kind of knowledge. Not that I don't, mind you, but it's a rather pointless hoop to jump through.

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    there was a blue post saying it was NOT getting removed

the main point being that it's stupid for one single achievement to take a year while all the rest can be completed in a few days during their respective events, if it was like this for several events, it wouldn't be a big deal, but one single event that just happens to take a year to complete? makes no sense
    I know, but I also know that they will remove it. Now stop whining.

Yeah they will probably remove because of post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    no you're wrong. ppl knew about it, it was on wowinsider.com for example. also wotlk was on ptr so the info was out there.

basically you completely fail, you're a retard and you're a QQer. go away and stop whinging
    dont ice it down, tell us how you really feel.

but yea what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    I know, but I also know that they will remove it. Now stop whining.

IT WILL NEVER BE REMOVED DURING WOTLK ACCEPT IT.

Either get the mount or dont and stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown

IT WILL NEVER BE REMOVED DURING WOTLK ACCEPT IT.

Either get the mount or dont and stfu
    ya ya I know you wanna be special, but you wont be accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks
    Ohh no QQ look out i wont have my prot and yes i was one concerned about this and i read into it during brewfest do to the fact i want my proto so ill be stoked when i get mine this year when brewfest hits and i wil laugh  at those of ou QQing about it i hope bliz sticks to their guns and doesnt take this one off the list . Way to go bliz and HAH to those f you having to wait another year for it...
    If you want to blow that much time doing what it takes to complete all the requirements then you should have something that very few have.

It says hey "I'm the idiot who did all the achievements in 2 years for a vanity item look at me look at me!"

yup it's something to brag about.

The rest of us will be in T9 beating the crap out of you saying "look at you look at you"!