Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Spell penetration?

Druid/DK (Can have if frost, only one in top 100.)

Druid/Warlock (no resist, but only two in top 100.)
    Priest/Hunter (no resist, but only two in top 100.)
    Priest/Rogue (no resist, but only one in top 100.)

Druid/Lock/DK MotW gives resistance only a bit
    Priest/Hunter/Rogue Prayer of shadow protection not for hunters but people like unholy DK's need to worry about it
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

spell is not "just good" spell pen is a must for survival/MM hunter
    sometimes ur traps can get resisted as well, as i've read somewhere MM hunters chimshot is nature damage, so why not get some spell pen ?

Gotjuicy explained the explosive shot, not gonna comment on it - since it's correct.

if u dont get spell pen, you fail IMO.

im too lazy to read the whole thread, but i've read the 2 first pages and that made me create this account.

_________

TO ALL THOSE WHO MADE FUN OF THE GUY WHO CREATED THE THREAD

- fuck you -

_________

you are some lowbies all of you and i bet all you do is PVE or battlegrounds with ur full furious gear farmed through PVE.

to the guys who helped this guy

nice one ! and thanks i thought at first that noone would tell him the truth.

so.. get spell pen if u do arena, it's a must

Deleted

GotW gives resistance

Quote Originally Posted by djdragon
    hello all, I am myself a hunter 80 SV and been playing for 10 months and hunter its my only 80 toon I got so far. and I have tried all different ways to improved my dps. I am actually top 1 rank ( most of the time at 98.5% of the games weither we win or loose ) in all bgs. My gear is 70 spell penetration and 269 armor penetration. (21.84%)

now I know most of you will not beleive me...well, I dont really care what people beleive anymore. I just try it myself And I kick "ass" and Im enjoying this everytime hehe.

Yes, spell penetration does affect explosive shot bcz obviously explosive shoot is made of fire aka "fire spell".

Now, I don't assume anything here...bcz I TRIED it and it works. I'm usually rank1 in all bgs and got the most kills AND damage done as well from both allies and horde teams.

I'm also top 2 highest DPS in 25 men raid and top 1 dps in 10 men raids.

Also, its not just about spell or armor penetration when it comes to play with a hunter on SV. It also has to do with the way you play...the trinket...and the attribute you chosen for SV and PLS get your 8% (263) HIT CAP no matter what. if you dont, all what I said above won't apply. trust me. I tried.

so as to answer your question, yes, spell penetration works and I only got 70. maybe Ill try 80 sp and see if it works better...but im already rank 1 kills and damage...dont know if ill go higher for that for pvp.

have fun all.
    Djdragon ( vashj server )
    BG hero gogo. BG stats matter, they really do!

And yeah, spell pen is worth it.

Wow this thread almost went a whole first page of scrubs that didn't know hunters use spell pen jumping on OP.