DK PvP Gems and Enchants?

I'm having trouble deciding what gems and enchants to use for my unholy DK in PvP. (offensive, defensive, balance, resilience in yellow slots, straight stam in blue?)

I currently run mostly 2v2's with a holy paladin (though I'm not sure this is very permanent)

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: DK PvP Gems and Enchants?

The goal is to get 120 spell penetration as an Unholy DK for pvp purposes. This negates Motw or Shadow resist buff from priests.
    The rest you should gem at 16 strength as much as possible. Enchants for all AP, stats to chest and spell penetration for cloak to help getting to the 120 mark without losing much stats.

Here's my goal:
    http://www.chardev.org/?template=136036

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot. Thank you very much ^.^

One more quick question: In the setup you linked, you would be below the melee pvp hit cap, no? Is this not particularly detrimental to performance? (I suppose you would only be missing damage abilities, so it might simply be that the damage from a crit gem would outweigh this; was just curious)

i was under the impression that most people went with 75 spell penetration, or the cloak enchant and two gems. mostly do the fact that spell resistance stacks on itself (meaning 200 is geometrically better then 100, instead of twice as good) and lowering it to either 5 or 45 resistance lowered it to a number almost useless, and didnt cost as many gem slots
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    i was under the impression that most people went with 75 spell penetration, or the cloak enchant and two gems. mostly do the fact that spell resistance stacks on itself (meaning 200 is geometrically better then 100, instead of twice as good) and lowering it to either 5 or 45 resistance lowered it to a number almost useless, and didnt cost as many gem slots
    The benefit of spell resistances is linear as far as i'm aware, although I invite you to go to wowwiki or something and double check (i'm at work and a little pressed for time atm or i'd delve a little deeper, although i'm fairly certain).

With that being said, it's not a bad idea to stack higher than 75 spell penetration. My current gear sits at 75 exactly, although i've considered stacking 20-40 more to circumvent mages, whos resists sit well above 75 w/ mage armor & talents, pally auras (frost), other frost DK's, etc.

Yeah... 1st response was right on. Once you get ~100 spell pen just soccet everything with +16 str gems unless there is a bonus that you need which takes different colors.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend