Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Shattering Throw - Warrior = Anti-Bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by kazuya
    hum...

cast divine shield cast instant flash of light, hammer of justice on the war cast divine light full life bye mister warrior

/kiss

Your instant flash of light has a 1.5sec(a bit less with haste) GCD even thought it instant. So before your next spell, you wont be bubbled anymore.

It's good to see some ppl optimist, but dont forget about YOUR class mechanics, and your opponent too.

And if you do this, you ALWAYS have to keep your HoJ for when you bubble......

/kiss
    Next?
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

This is going to be very problematic for Paladins in the 1500-1800...but sorry guys, anyone who really wants to keep 2000+ is going to choose a DK over you..every...single..time.

But fear not, I understand you can buy Deadly gear with Emblems of Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by lurked

Your instant flash of light has a 1.5sec(a bit less with haste) GCD even thought it instant. So before your next spell, you wont be bubbled anymore.

It's good to see some ppl optimist, but dont forget about YOUR class mechanics, and your opponent too.

And if you do this, you ALWAYS have to keep your HoJ for when you bubble......

/kiss
    Next?

then i pass the flash i just cast hammer of justice and run around a pillard

same result
    then i pass the flash i just cast hammer of justice and run around a pillard

same result

and don't forget one thing if there is a dps on the war the cast time won't be 1.5 sec but 3 sec

this skill is good but the cooldown is too high and 30% of chance to resist don't forget the 5% chance to miss

and running aroune a pillard or goin out of sight

this new talent will really be interesting wen used with mind

but i'm really happy of this for you cause you'll be able to be more competitive versus locks sacrifices, paladins, mages

have fun my friends

Spell reflect before shattering throw will make for some angry paladins. Thought your HoJ would stop me? muhuhahahahaha
    Rocket Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar
    Spell reflect before shattering throw will make for some angry paladins. Thought your HoJ would stop me? muhuhahahahaha
    DDDDDDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar
    to spell reflect you'll have 1.5 sec gcd to wear your shield ^^ the hoj will pass sorry...

thats easy jump over and you'll have to recast

go behind a pillar and thats all

but really i'm happy for you wars

Divine Shield, a spell of such greatness and resilience that can't be broken and the only way in the game that you can remove it is by using a Priest's (conveniently the only other class who can call upon the light) Mass Dispel ability.

Hey, that feeble looking warrior in greens is aiming his axe at me, break my shield and let's screw lore together buddy.

/mourn, but at most this will be BG annoyance and won't change anything.

Seriously, all this is is another prime example of how blizzard balences classes in pvp.

"Instead of fixing a class that is overpowered, lets not fix a broken class and simply give them something to counter the overpowered class (or hell, lets just create a whole new class that utterly counters one thats overpowered and therefore knock their representation in the future to utter shit)."

Hmm this whole pvp balence thing is easy....
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I have to say I'm looking forward to this change. I'm leveling a Warrior right now (in his 60's) to arena with a resto shaman (my roomate). This change should really give us some good leverage over a DK/Paladin team (can remove bubble, remove diseases, ect.).

shattering FAIL! one of the dumbest changes I have ever expirienced. So now I am supposed to remove bubble and frostblock? gj, even more reasons for burning down warriors. instead of adressing the real problems in PvP (mobility and first and foremost survivability) they give us a targeted mass dispel with CAST TIME!
    don't get me wrong, I like all the other changes... kind of... but shattering throw is just fail

This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    shattering FAIL! one of the dumbest changes I have ever expirienced. So now I am supposed to remove bubble and frostblock? gj, even more reasons for burning down warriors. instead of adressing the real problems in PvP (mobility and first and foremost survivability) they give us a targeted mass dispel with CAST TIME!
    don't get me wrong, I like all the other changes... kind of... but shattering throw is just fail

If you don't see the utility in this you fail as a warrior, I'm sorry. :

If you do not see the real problems os warriors and how this will make them only worse, you fail yourself. I play 2000ish arena, do you?

I actually agree somewhat.
    This ability is nice. Infact it's beyond nice it's an awesome ability.
    As far as PvP goes though it's not what we needed.

It's just something good we're getting to distract from the real issue I feel. Something to placate the masses. Which I really don't like. Oh well atleast it isnt live yet, hopefully some more addressing changes will come.

Erm, this will probably be a lot more devistating against mages than against paladins, you all realise. A paladin can still move, stun and heal while in his bubble, while mages just have to sit still and wait it out. Even if the paladins bubble gets dispelled as soon as it is put up, that is at least 1.5 seconds with the cast time, enough for a flash heal or a dispel on a team-mate.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If you do not see the real problems os warriors and how this will make them only worse, you fail yourself. I play 2000ish arena, do you?
    Tell me, how is a new spell is going to make warriors worse? Really, I would be interested in hearing that.

I'm not arguing that this is what warriors need to be competitive, only that it is a very nice tool to have gained.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Erm, this will probably be a lot more devistating against mages than against paladins, you all realise. A paladin can still move, stun and heal while in his bubble, while mages just have to sit still and wait it out. Even if the paladins bubble gets dispelled as soon as it is put up, that is at least 1.5 seconds with the cast time, enough for a flash heal or a dispel on a team-mate.
    Only you're forgetting this ability will cause 2k base damage for mose warriors.
    If that damage applies aswell as the immunity removal it will often kill a paladin in a bubble situation before a heal.

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno
    Paladins can LOS this cast-time throw, while mages cant..gg, nerf mages more
    if you are a mage and you can not keep a warrior away then this nerf is not relevant for you anyway

I'm happy with these changes, it makes sense that you ignore more armour in Battle stance because it's a tactical stance lore wise where you play out the fight calmy calculating your next move.

Shattering throw is a huge and great change, don't get why someone above's saying it's making things worse, if anything this is a buff and very game changing in arena. People who aren't satisfied seem to think Arms is compleltey broken well that's bullshit, we are just under performing and need a few modifications.

15+ Year Old Account

So you're competing in the 2k bracket and complaining that you have an anti-paladin button now? Why should we feel sorry for you exactly?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    I actually agree somewhat.
    This ability is nice. Infact it's beyond nice it's an awesome ability.
    As far as PvP goes though it's not what we needed.

It's just something good we're getting to distract from the real issue I feel. Something to placate the masses. Which I really don't like. Oh well atleast it isnt live yet, hopefully some more addressing changes will come.

To be honest this will probably be needed in PVE at some point just like Hunters Tranq shot.

It's probably thrown in just for a pve encounter.