Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Combat Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by somethindarker
    ive been spreadhsheeting my char and for some reason it sais to put agi/hit instead of a 20 arpen gem obn my "Discarded Bag Entrails". my arpen with the ag/hit gem is at 891 and my dps goes higher but when i put my arpen gem in it goes to 903 but my dps goes down pls someone help me out i cant understand wth to do! heres my armory thanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gath&cn=Devlin
    If it's recommending agi/hit, it means you're hitting the crit cap. Hit's EP will jump up when you're crit capped, and a simple hit gem somewhere will fix it and net more dps.

I've got a question about combat gemming if anyone would be able to answer it. According to the spreadsheet I should be gemming entirely arp with all the raid buffs ticked on. However un-buffed i'm sitting around 4.2k ap, 39% crit, and high 800's on arp. My ap and crit seem low to me and I was wondering if it would be advisable to remove a few gems down to arp softcap and possibly gem agil to up my AP and Crit. Those numbers just seemed low to me to not be gemming.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whplayer65
    I've got a question about combat gemming if anyone would be able to answer it. According to the spreadsheet I should be gemming entirely arp with all the raid buffs ticked on. However un-buffed i'm sitting around 4.2k ap, 39% crit, and high 800's on arp. My ap and crit seem low to me and I was wondering if it would be advisable to remove a few gems down to arp softcap and possibly gem agil to up my AP and Crit. Those numbers just seemed low to me to not be gemming.
    "Seems low" just doesn't work. The spreadsheet takes everything into consideration, and if you're expecting all the raid buffs you ticked on, then trust it and go with those gemming decisions.

I appreciate it, that's all I needed to know.

Now this has probably been answered at some point in this thread, but the search feature does not work for me at work, so I apologize if it has. Now, I recently returned from a good 3 months off of playing WoW. When I came back I was still using Wound/Deadly on my weapons because as far as I had known that was still the best, even after poison normalization. Then I read here on the OP that Instant/Deadly is king again, and switched over to that. The issue is, I don't know just how updated that information is.

So I was wondering, is Instant superior to Wound again, now, or is Wound still better? I don't raid hardcore anymore. Just pick ups with my guild or PuGs, so it's not vital info I NEED to know right away, but I'd like to know nonetheless. Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this was talked about ad nauseum. I just can't find topics abou tit because my search feature is busted at work. If anyone has any topics handy about the poison thing, I'd appreciate seeing them. It'd be nice to be informed on it.

Righty, I'm trying to work out the optimal gear setup for a dual spec between Mutilate and Combat (former for standing boss fights - Saurfang/Festergut etc.) and the latter for HC's and multi-target / moving fights, with that in mind I was wondering if you guys could help me with what exactly I should be looking for stat wise on my gear heres my current setup (based around the Muti spec I've been using for a while):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...assil&cn=Aibec

But with the armour and gems I currently have then Muti outdoes Combat by almost 1k on the combat dummies (yes I know it's a standing fight but surely thats ALOT in terms of difference).
    So what would you guys change (if anything) to make it an optimal set for both muti AND combat? I'm assuming changing out Vengeance of the Forsaken for Needle-Encrusted Scorpion might be a good idea?

The weapons I'm currently using for combat are Nighttime (MH) and Bone Warden's Splitter (OH).

Cheers for the help.

10+ Year Old Account

Great post thanks, I like PvEing as combat alot more than Assi tbh.

And also, can you throw up a fit talent tree ?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Not sure if someone posted this b4, had a look and couldnt find. Now ive checked with the Ald's spreadsheet about 4piece t10 and in know it doesnt score highly compared to 2 piece and 2 equal to tier 10 pieces from icc.

But does anyone know if the 13% proc rate to get 3 stacks on target can be activated by using evis with 1 stack or 2 stack or 3 stack etc etc?

Cheers.

Please make a 3.3.3 update or get one ready.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:18:34 pm by ant1pathy »
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

When 3.3.3 hits I will. I don't want to make it for changes that haven't been applied yet.

i must say, great pointers!

So my rogue hit 80 just yesterday and I have a few questions that aren't really answered in this guide.
    Is there a magic hit rating number I'm supposed to reach? Do I need to be hitcapped for the poisons or only for specials or for whitehits?
    Next question, when am I supposed to use Fan of Knives? 3 Mobs plus or what? Guide doesn't mention that at all.

And finally I'm running a lot of heroics right now to gear up... basically the guide says don't drop S&D, use 5 points Evis. The problem is that even with the groups horrible DPS the mobs just die so fast that there isn't time to activate S&D + build up 5 combo points + use Eviscerate. Most of the the time the mob dies with 3- 4 combo points... and if I get 5 Evis off in a whole run then I'm lucky. So basically I'm just running around with Sinister Strike, S&D and that's it... Should I use 4 point Evis or what am I supposed to do here? I'm using Evis glyph right now as 3rd glyph but it feels kind of useless because of that... should I get the Tricks of the Trade Glyph instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    So my rogue hit 80 just yesterday and I have a few questions that aren't really answered in this guide.
    Is there a magic hit rating number I'm supposed to reach? Do I need to be hitcapped for the poisons or only for specials or for whitehits?
    Next question, when am I supposed to use Fan of Knives? 3 Mobs plus or what? Guide doesn't mention that at all.

And finally I'm running a lot of heroics right now to gear up... basically the guide says don't drop S&D, use 5 points Evis. The problem is that even with the groups horrible DPS the mobs just die so fast that there isn't time to activate S&D + build up 5 combo points + use Eviscerate. Most of the the time the mob dies with 3- 4 combo points... and if I get 5 Evis off in a whole run then I'm lucky. So basically I'm just running around with Sinister Strike, S&D and that's it... Should I use 4 point Evis or what am I supposed to do here? I'm using Evis glyph right now as 3rd glyph but it feels kind of useless because of that... should I get the Tricks of the Trade Glyph instead?
    1) For hit you wanna reach the spell cap (so your poisons don't resist)... which covers the specials cap... but not the white hits. The poison cap is around 240ish WITH a spriest/boomkin. I play alliance... I can't remember if that also covers having the extra +1 hit aura. Otherwise... no boomkin/spriest its 315. The white hit cap is around 700 - no rogue goes for it as you nuke so many other stats. But having a lot of hit (400-500ish) is'nt a bad thing tho.

2) Generally 3+ mobs while autoattacking one mob is about right for when to spam Fan of Knives. Best use it with Tricks to a tank (assuming these are just LAWL trash pulls)

3) The guide is directed towards raiding - not so much doing heroics. Just spam SS and use lower point evis'. It won't matter til maybe a boss... where I'd put in a 1-2 point SnD in first and spam SS/evis... as heroic bosses die within 20-40 secs now.

4) The evis glyph is fine. The tricks glyph would only help with reducing your threat... which shouldn't be an issue for you given you just hit 80... and you arn't raiding yet tricking another rogue. So stick with the evis glyph.

and the hit cap is in raid environments btw... its lower in heroics as the bosses arn't Level 83 elites/?s

Forgot axe for hack and slash

Does anyone know if using rupture in our rotation worth it?

If executed correctly and in near-BiS gear, yes for combat...not sure about assass. I'm testing it in combat spec with 4p t10 since that boosts me to 3-5+ finishers in my normal 12-15 second rotation. Nothing like 4 eviscerates in a row, so I'll see how I can utilize that with rupture. 4p t10 is very rng-based though, bleh.

Here is my Armory

I've been using rupture with 5cp when i could, but I didn't see a change on my dps, like 10-11k...

your spec has neither blood splatter (20/51/0 without imp evis) or Serrated Blades (7/51/13)... plus no Rupture glyph. Unless the armory isn't updating.

I tried 7/51/13 as my off-spec (I don't pvp), with rupture glyph and couldn't tell a noticeable difference. Some fights I was lower than usual from our other rogue (who wasn't spec'd for rupture), when I usually keep up with him when we're both evis spec.

My conclusion: wait for the spreadsheet and EJ "updates". Even my info can be seriously flawed. Of course on add fights (Lady D, dreamwalker, LK, etc) - rupture spec would be lower DPS/DMG as the entire Rupture wouldn't last its full duration on the adds.

I likely should have tried/tested 20/51/0 (with Blood Splatter+ 3/3 Ruthless... without Imp Evis), which I believe would come slightly ahead if not the same.

Plus don't forget gemming would factor in as well. Armpen becomes lower - but is still ideal in red slots (as long as you are above 800 or so)... and gemming with agi/crit gems to boost your crit for rupture crits.

So - don't take my word on anything as I can be wrong all together. As far as I've heard - you would gain a 6% DPS increase tops on non-add fights. Some people on EJ are suggesting Rupture/KS/SnD glyphs as well. But can't be for certain until a new spreadsheet from Aldrianna releases... and then its a matter of comparing your current spec/gems/glyphs with rupture talents/rupture glyph/agi,crit gems.

Pretty sure it was said that the SS glyph in non evis only cycles has some funky modeling that is showing it not worth as much as it should be on the spread sheet, and Ald said that the talk of SnD glyph seemed to have died off.

I dont know why you tried a serrated blades build, the poison+blood splatter is obviously going to be far superior.

But if you dont put points into blood splatter, or don't have a mangle/trauma then you likely won't see any dps gain.