Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: How much AP should a ret paladin have?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxumus
    A few rets will say that hit isn't that important, that is due to being noobs..Hit cap is very important imo.. Why?.. I've got 2 other rets i raid with and they have close to the same amount of gear as i do. They have better weapons, but come raids end, guess who is topping whom in the damage dept.? Hit will effect melee, SoTM, DS and holywrath. A miss is a miss and there is noway to make up for it.. Period.
    So you run with bad Retribution Paladins....your point?

And not a 'few rets', but the 'good rets' say that hit isn't that important.

Wait a minute..no, you got it right afterall. A 'few rets' it is.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    So you run with bad Retribution Paladins....your point?

And not a 'few rets', but the 'good rets' say that hit isn't that important.

Wait a minute..no, you got it right afterall. A 'few rets' it is.

LOL..take that HR to Ulduar(When it comes out) and see who is scrambling for Hit gear...

LOL..take that HR to Ulduar(When it comes out) and see who is scrambling for Hit gear...
    LOL, I'm sure I'll see far more of Ulduar then you will (and faster)

Nice Twilight Vanquisher title btw

15+ Year Old Account

there is no difference in hit needed for naxx or ulduar. dont know how you got that idea :-\

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas

STR > hit,crit,ekspertise.

by far!
    until u reach around 4500 AP then and first then it's HIT/Crit/ekspertise > STR
    its always str>rest no matter how high your ap gets. just dont let you hit rating go to low. thats all

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    LOL, I'm sure I'll see far more of Ulduar then you will (and faster)

Nice Twilight Vanquisher title btw

As in raiding in WotLk has become boring, so have u..If u have nothing constructive to say or any input that is advisable, I'd consider going to break in that new Lego set of yours.

This was actually a good and useful thread, so quit the name calling and get back to the points.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    there is no difference in hit needed for naxx or ulduar. dont know how you got that idea :-\
    its always str>rest no matter how high your ap gets. just dont let you hit rating go to low. thats all
    Not saying there is, but due to the size of Ulduar, 14 bosses atm and the instance being huge and the nerfs to ret, I think HR will play a bigger factor imo.

I see a lot of rets here not hitting the soft-cap 263 hit rating, does it not matter that much? Coz im referencing the 263 from EJ forum here. I thought having a soft cap on hit is important in 25m raid. Comments?

No it wont, hit will always be weaker than str. As said thousand times before. If you don't believe it - have fun gearing for the hitcap.

Not saying there is, but due to the size of Ulduar, 14 bosses atm and the instance being huge and the nerfs to ret, I think HR will play a bigger factor imo.
    This is a reasonable assesment, although testing would need to be done.

Since the change to Haste will increase the amount of melee hits you get in and the amount of SoB/M you are dropping there could be a need to be closer to the cap, then again, I am below it and go through whole naxx runs with no misses.

sigh i don't know where all these people thinking ret needs hit cap above everything else come from. with 200-240 hit rating you only have about 1-2% chance to miss......in a 5-6min fight thats what.....maybe 2 white attacks and 2-3 SoB hits? maybe 1 judge.....its just not THAT important once u hit around 200. Str and AP will give more DPS per point than hit will. swapping out gear for more hit at the loss of Str AP or even crit will most often lower your DPS rather than raise it. i run with only 249 hit which is 7.59%....thats only a 0.41% chance to miss.....its rare for me to get more than 2 or 3 misses in total on a long boss fight.....all the theorycrafting and maths support this but still i see rets running around swearing on their unborn child that getting hit capped is more important than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by Limboman
    sigh i don't know where all these people thinking ret needs hit cap above everything else come from. with 200-240 hit rating you only have about 1-2% chance to miss......in a 5-6min fight thats what.....maybe 2 white attacks and 2-3 SoB hits? maybe 1 judge.....its just not THAT important once u hit around 200. Str and AP will give more DPS per point than hit will. swapping out gear for more hit at the loss of Str AP or even crit will most often lower your DPS rather than raise it. i run with only 249 hit which is 7.59%....thats only a 0.41% chance to miss.....its rare for me to get more than 2 or 3 misses in total on a long boss fight.....all the theorycrafting and maths support this but still i see rets running around swearing on their unborn child that getting hit capped is more important than anything else...
    I never said being hit capped is more important than strength, not once.. All my gems are strength only..Hit cap is easy to obtain from gear alone.

I think a good number to aim for would be around 3.5k ap without BoM, by the time you get that much you should have a good idea of how to itemize and what stats you want/need. Just remember, STR STR STR*
    *in most cases.

I currently sit at around 3.7k ap unbuffed and I have nearly all the best in slot items, all I want to replace is my gloves for the Malygos leather ones and then replace my helm for the tier 7.5 and I believe I have the perfect gear set, apart from the libram but I really hate arena on my paladin so I wont be getting it.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l&n=Hulkomania

15+ Year Old Account

i dont get it. there are no nerfs to hit rating and what has the size of ulduar to do with hit rating?

unless bosses will have an aura/debuff that lowers hit rating, there is no need to change the hit rating we use so far.

Prolly because our paradigm of defense cap for prot, therefore for melee is hit rating? I agree that trying to hit the so-called soft cap of 263 hit does sacrifice a fair chunk of dps, its just that I cant confirm with rigorous testing coz I just dont have the tools and shit.

I never said being hit capped is more important than strength, not once.. All my gems are strength only..Hit cap is easy to obtain from gear alone.
    not if your aiming for all BiS, with ALL BiS and 4 pc T7.5 hit rating it only at 133 (thats with Obsid GH) if you chose to get the T7.5 helm and get the Frosted Gloves from 25maly instead hit rating is at 231. If however you chose to forsake the 4pc bonus and go for all BiS items hit is at 191. so with the best gear in the game a ret pally could possibly hope for none of them (forgive the pun) hit the hit cap... so yes...it is rather easy to get hit capped as ret through gear alone but by doing so and STAYING hit capped you are sacrificing DPS

not if your aiming for all BiS, with ALL BiS and 4 pc T7.5 hit rating it only at 133 (thats with Obsid GH) if you chose to get the T7.5 helm and get the Frosted Gloves from 25maly instead hit rating is at 231. If however you chose to forsake the 4pc bonus and go for all BiS items hit is at 191. so with the best gear in the game a ret pally could possibly hope for none of them (forgive the pun) hit the hit cap... so yes...it is rather easy to get hit capped as ret through gear alone but by doing so and STAYING hit capped you are sacrificing DPS
    The BiS items i would only work for would be the helm, boots and wpn...Then i'd work from there. As for sacrificing the T7.5 set bonus, not worth it imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkomania
    I think a good number to aim for would be around 3.5k ap without BoM, by the time you get that much you should have a good idea of how to itemize and what stats you want/need. Just remember, STR STR STR*
    *in most cases.

I currently sit at around 3.7k ap unbuffed and I have nearly all the best in slot items, all I want to replace is my gloves for the Malygos leather ones and then replace my helm for the tier 7.5 and I believe I have the perfect gear set, apart from the libram but I really hate arena on my paladin so I wont be getting it.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l&n=Hulkomania
    I vomited on my keyboard when I saw the gem in your necklace.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    qft.

JC and a such a gem in it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    I guesss the neck gem must bring out the color in his/her eyes