Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardcore haters ulduar and nerdrage

End of the day, I'm not a hardcore player. WotLK has been around for what, like 3 months now and I have 3 level 80's now. 2 of which are T7 25man geared. All content cleared including Sarth 3D... If that doesn't show that the game is too easy now then i'm sure someone can post better than that!

Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
    Motivation determines what you do...
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor.

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish. (Michelangelo)

People who want by the yard, but try by the inch, should be kicked by the foot !

And last this beautiful one:

Far too many people spend their lives reading the menu instead of enjoying the banquet

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    End of the day, I'm not a hardcore player. WotLK has been around for what, like 3 months now and I have 3 level 80's now. 2 of which are T7 25man geared. All content cleared including Sarth 3D... If that doesn't show that the game is too easy now then i'm sure someone can post better than that!
    Or maybe, you are just THAT good of a player!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

The creator of this thread obviously has a small "package", to be complaining like this in public just shows how insecure this fool really is. First of all, nobody gives a crap about your personal life, nobody know you, and most likely nobody cares. You CLEARLY made this post in response to one specific event, or one "harcore" player, calling you out...and you just won't admit it. In fact, if i were blizzard, and read this post, I would begin creating a much much harder game, to spite you, and your idiotic comments. So suck a lemon punk, and deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklabel
    Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
    Motivation determines what you do...
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor.

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish. (Michelangelo)

People who want by the yard, but try by the inch, should be kicked by the foot !

And last this beautiful one:

Far too many people spend their lives reading the menu instead of enjoying the banquet
    Welcome to the Blacklabel cliche festival.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

To Tigercat:

Jesus hates you, and so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00

To the OP: you're right. Casuals have all the rights to see all the game content. Time should not be a blocking factor. But skill must. We all live a life, and if I can spend only 2 nights a week on this game, but I'm good at it, I deserve to be able to see everything my skill allows me to. Skilless people have no rights tho, and here I'm 100% bitchy. This is a game, not a movie. Either you have the skill to win it, or you don't.
    This is the best answer, i agree with you mate.

*You are now affected by Despized's Nerd Rage*
    *Despized's Nerd Rage hits you for 100,000 damage (70,000 overkill)
    *Your items take a 10% durability loss*
    *Krakenskulls has died*

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    This is the best answer, i agree with you mate.
    And I concur with this agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

Quote Originally Posted by arenascrub
    You call a 9:00 to 5:00 job, a real job and you are accusing people for nightshifts? You are just a tool, a company consumable and amongst the first to get fired when things go rough. Pass over middle management and then pop here to discuss how many hours you spend in the office.

Oh, what's this "Sunwell Plateau" achievement done by my toon... Wtf it's proly a mistake, no wai possible that one. Can you really bare looking at your fat ass and your monkey faced boyfriend when the mirror god is doing a realty check on the ideal couple you two nobodies form… A 19-year-old giving advice on relationships, you haven’t even started kiddo. Wait till the lawyers become your best friends.
    What kind of 'real jobs' work night shifts? Doctors and bartenders? I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head, and chances are the OP is neither.
    The last I checked, programmers are all but expendable. Have you seen the ones being pumped out of schools? "What!? But I don't know how to manage my own memory! What's an access violations?"
    Please keep talking about achievements you don't have on characters you aren't showing.
    Alternatively, just stop posting, you aren't even on topic.

The OP said he's 24. Unless he made a huge mistake, in which case he's incredibly dumb to have even posted this topic, his child is probably 6 years old, max. How many 6 year olds do you know who go to bed after 8:00 PM? Hint: there aren't many.
    Remind me what sort of people work 'around the clock?' Unless you're a doctor, the only people I can think of are convenience store clerks. Damn, I really wish I could have been one of those.

I come home at 5:00 and have almost four hours to spend with my boyfriend and friends, go out for supper, etc. I have the whole weekend to do whatever else needs to be done; there's usually very little, anyway. At night, we go off and do our own things for a while; I raid and he practices music or plays video games. Sometimes we talk while we're doing our own things, doesn't that count as spending time together? Afterwards, we spend some time together and then go to bed. It's not even close to going directly from work to raids.

I totally agree with the book analogy. People need to stop whining about how it's not fair that people who put more time into raiding get to see more content than they do, it's just dumb.

I know that some of you might lough with what im going to say and they will say im stupid i dont fucking care but i will explain u something wow is like real life. In real life if u work hard for 10 years and then u stop working then it means ur fucked up. It doesnt matter how hard and how many hours u have worked in the pass unless if u have managed to save shitloads of money which is hard for the average person. If u are good at what u do in real life u have a good job etc. in wow if u are good u will just get the gear 2 weeks b4 the noobs get it.

This is what is annoying for me. i cba looking noobs with the same gear as me. I cba looking ppl with fucking betrayer of humanity when it has never droped for me but someone who has puged the instance and won a roll has it. I know that those casuals will come and flame.

But m8 in todays wow there are no hardcore players. There are only good and bad players. U cant be hardcore cos if u are good u can clear everything in one day and then the rest of the week u have nothing to do. If u are a bad player by now u should be able to clear allmost all the content in like 2 days if u suck really bad 3 days.
    The same will become with ulduar. Good players will be able to clear it after 3-4hours.I cba to raid for like one month 3 times a day and then after that w8 for 4-5 months to get new content so i can play somethinginterested again. I dont like going inside and killing a boss after 3h of try. The think is not loot and the gear is the feeling of accomplishment that u get after killing a hard boss.

Honestly if u come and say that im crazy cos i like wiping im sure that u are that kind of guys that are only interested on loot and not the game in generally. most propably u would prefer if u could all the gear from vendors instead of having o fight a boss.

^^^^^^crushed under weight of text^^^^^^

It's very hard for some people to understand that some of us have grown old and that the WoW>all days are way passed us. Life>WoW for me since long time ago and to the guy above, shadet, who says I am trolling, you can't compare WoW with real life my friend. I would love to not stay overtime or not attend editorial board meetings on the late hours but some jobs just don't work around the clock and it’s not only the freaking doctors. Have you ever wondered how hard people work so that you get your juicy newspaper on time in the morning to read along your coffee? It’s a freaking war unlike anything you’ve ever seen.

Especially under the current economic crisis pressure where everyone tries to survive a little bit longer and keep his company going for just enough to see the light later on. But to come to your point I am not whining about people who work less or making the same amount of money as me in less hours, as hardcore players do about casuals. I am happy for them, if they found a job that pays well and is easy on the timer, good for them. Maybe they did better choices, hell maybe they are even smarter than me.

PS: There is the problem right on the previous post. It's called jealousy. Omg why this noob has this and I don't despite playing all fucking day. If you playing the game for showing off, that's a bit of an issue by me, it directly translates into escapism. Feeling that real life gap with TierXXX full set joy is dangerous.

PS2: @ zsuper: I could give you the tactics and abilities of every freaking boss and trash pack in SWP if that would convince you but I don't care anyway. I hope you have experienced the scripted events after KJs fall yourself. There are some great lore moments there if you are in that short of thing. SWP was a great challenge, I don't think though that the average difficulty of this game should be near the SWP level. It would kill the game for like 95% of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by gerimias

There are only good and bad players. U cant be hardcore cos if u are good u can clear everything in one day and then the rest of the week u have nothing to do. If u are a bad player by now u should be able to clear allmost all the content in like 2 days if u suck really bad 3 days.
    From what point on raids have been a solo game?

Because, then I must suck pretty badly if my guild is still having a learning phase on Sarth + 3D, clearing naxx + maly + sarth takes about 2 to 3 days.

Im blaming the dps (im healer), they're so brainless.
    Also ppl seem to be having afking quotations or something in the guild I am, we can barely clear naxx in one night. Not because of the wipes no, ppl are_just_goddamn slow and afking every chance they get.

But as long as there are raids and progression, Im happy.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    You can't raid from 8:00/9:00 PM to 12:00 AM?

Explain what part of your life prevents you from doing this?

If you're working that late at night, you're probably working some crappy job that was the only thing you could get. There aren't a whole lot of 'good' jobs that require hours like that. We have people in the guild who work these sorts of job. They're all college students who can't manage to get anything better.

Do you have something super amazing and awesome to do every work night during these hours? Almost everyone I know spends this time sitting in front of the TV. Chances are you do, too.
    If you're spending time with your child, you're doing something wrong, since it should be probably be in bed before raid time.
    If you need to spend 3-4 hours of every single night alone with your wife, you're too immature for a real relationship and shouldn't have gotten married. Incoming divorce when one of you gets bored of the other, because you're spending too much time together.

I'm 19 and I've been working as a software engineer since I was 17. I'm in my office from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM or whenever I feel like coming and leaving. I have a great boyfriend of four years. I'm the officer that forms the raid, distributes the loot, does recruitment, and fixes problems that cause wipes. We've been raiding since TBC launched, we've cleared all content, and I've have no trouble making almost every raid. I do all of this, yet I still have more than enough time for my work, friends, and boyfriend.
    What's stopping you from having this sort of time? Unless you're a recent college graduate, i.e. completely horrible and worthless when put in real life situations, just like every other graduate in the world, it's really unbelievable that you don't have the time to raid 'hardcore.'
    Even most casuals have the time, they just can't sit in a raid for long periods of time because they all have ADD.

Your excuses are bad.

In other news, let's take a moment to laugh at the person above who thinks any high end raiders had any trouble what-so-ever in MgT. Someone obviously hasn't seen Sunwell.

EDIT: Related note, casuals will still get cockblocked in 10 man content for the reason stated above. They can't stand to sit in raids for long periods of time, or even often; anyone who's tried to PUG a raid instance should know this. There are groups full of people who lose interest in the raid so fast that they can barely (or even can't) clear Naxx in a single reset. Ulduar is going to be even worse; if they can't stand spending this much time farming Naxx, there's no way they'll be up for spending hours learning a single boss.
    Yes dude i'm sure you and your bf and very happy, as for your post it is such a fucking failure idk where to start. I myself work a 24hr shift and simply cant raid every night, am i an unskilled player-hell no, working on getting my 3rd toon geared for ulduar. As for your job it is just that, a stinking useless overcrowded job(i have a career and yes they are different), you have been working there since you were 17 so obviously there is no need of more than a g.e.d. at best a hs diploma and you have the nerve to ridicule someone else's work. My gf is a nurse she doesnt play but she works 7pm-7am from time to time...but i guess that is the only "job" she could find as is anyone else in that situation.

How dare ppl spend time with their wives and kids on a nightly basis(if raid time is at 9pm server(east coast server) and you are on west coast i guess your kids should be in bed at 6pm). What failure of a server are you on where a pug cant clear naxx in one id period...naxx can be cleared in 4-5 hours with a group in low dps.

Mgt was nothing more than a damn cc fest if you had cc fine if you didnt it was a hard time clearing it. It is funny to me how every jerk on these forums raided swp and prolly killed Kj pre nerf...

In closing again i state a huge stfu and gtfo just for you(grz you've earned it)
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

The game isn't tuned for casual players, it's tuned for bad players. There's a huge difference.

Hardcore is a mentality not the length of time someone is willing to spend playing a game. You can play the game 3 or 4 days a week and still be “Hardcore” if you are doing things in an efficient manner.

The argument of ‘no life’ vs ‘casual’ doesn’t make any sense and it never has. Let’s take it from the perspective of leveling... So a person levels from 70-80 in two days, gets a realm first and is immediately called a “no lifer”. I fail to see how someone who spent 40 out of 48 hours on a 2 day bend has “no life” when most other people will take 80-200 hours to do the same task. The player who completes that task efficiently simply has more time to spend with... anything else, be it dungeon grinding, be it family. Efficient gameplay has nothing to do with having no life.

A person who plays efficiently simply finishes first.After a week of hitting level 80 I had done all the heroics a few times over and the only thing left was a few naxx runs to be at item level 200 on every slot. Sure... it took me a week and though you may say I’m ruining my time in the game, though I very much enjoyed it. I also, enjoy the fact that i no longer have to run heroics and I can choose to do whatever I want with me time, such as reading a book with my kid or “enjoying” Wonderpets (i fucking hate that show).

Now I spend 3 nights in game playing, I’ve cleared all the content in the game many times over thoroughly enjoy my existence in this expansion. I’m going pretty well on money and because I’m efficient, I don’t need to grind for gold anymore. My existence in wow has become logging in to raid, do guild affairs and log out. It’s just plain awesomeness.

As I said, being Hardcore is a mentality. Though some of you may think that a 3 night a week splurge into wow to do Raiding is a hollow existence, that’s fine, to each their own. It just that my “Hardcore” mentality wants to do nothing but the hardest content (be it 3d, 6 minute maly, immortal) in the game and that makes me feel like I’m being challenged and therefore, still enjoying the content that WotLK has to offer.

I’ve no gripes about casual players seeing that content, I’d just really approach it in a far more efficient manner.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by det
    And you know that because...?

About 50% of raiding guilds have cleared Naxx 25. Obviously in your world 5% of the player base are good player and 95% are bad players. You are a true elitist jerk in the bad sense of the world.

Maybe the game is tuned for "normal" players. You know as in "normal = the norm", the average, what most people are. If 50% of the player base are bad, then bad = normal, because..again..it becomes the norm....
    No, having Patchwerk require less then 2k dps from a single person (in a 25 man raid) is tuning an encounter for bad players.

Casual is nothing beyond the amount of time you spend logged on

So....the debate continues on into Ulduar and beyond....i'd say in the end pure economics and common sense win over e-peen egotism

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    No, having Patchwerk require less then 2k dps from a single person (in a 25 man raid) is tuning an encounter for bad players.

Casual is nothing beyond the amount of time you spend logged on
    I disagree. I define casual to be how much effort you put into the game when you are playing. I haven't spent more than 15 hours playing/raiding per week since I hit 80, and I have a Black Proto-Drake. I consider myself to be a hardcore player. I know many, many "casuals" who easily play for 2-3 times that amount. The difference is, well, they really don't give a damn about min/maxing. A casual logs on and plays just to enjoy themselves. If that happens to be raiding on that given day, so be it. But they won't do anything above and beyond to improve themselves or their fellow players.