Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: [Priest] Talent & Glyph Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Also mate, spec looks fine if you say you like it that way. If yo do want advice I would recommend Body and Soul if you want more flexibility in movement, quite alot of people here think it is worth alot more than 2 points in Empowered Healing and possibly put another point from that in Healing Focus, but these changes are very minor.
    I really, honestly, can't see Body & Soul being useful except for specific fights like Anub or maybe like, Marrowgar or something, but even then; on Anub I'm Disc, so I really don't want to MacGyver a spec to get it, and on Marrowgar it's quite easy to just heal through, at least now anyway; as such, I can't really justify losing the strength that I get from Empowered Healing for a run-speed increase. And in all honesty, the Healing Focus point was a filler point to get me farther down the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by SpawShank
    I really, honestly, can't see Body & Soul being useful except for specific fights like Anub or maybe like, Marrowgar or something, but even then; on Anub I'm Disc, so I really don't want to MacGyver a spec to get it, and on Marrowgar it's quite easy to just heal through, at least now anyway; as such, I can't really justify losing the strength that I get from Empowered Healing for a run-speed increase. And in all honesty, the Healing Focus point was a filler point to get me farther down the tree.
    That is all fine then. Although I can't really see the point in posting in the Talent Build Discussion thread when you are already elated with you spec. So I wil just say bravo.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Yer I am, thinking about the people I knew with Az in their name from Rose, you must be Azerael?
    /nod

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You know what's better for your mana? Proper spell choices. Casting Renew to keep up Holy Concentration, you're better off not casting the spell in the first place, and letting the other in place heals (both currently in effect, and those outgoing smart heal effects) fall into place. I know exactly how Holy Concentration works. And not casting is still a 33% increase of regen over casting with HC up, let alone the fact you didn't spend the mana in the first place.

Considering Earth Shield, Mending, the new Flash set bonus (2pc10), Infusion of Light, Judgement of Light, Riptide, and any number of Druid HoTs (let alone your Discipline Priest) letting the cards play is better use of your mana than one point "to get it to crit." At all times. Hands down.

That's even before counting the fact that it does not always crit. I'm sorry, but you're kinda wrong here.
    Okey, thought a long time if I would answer to this as I usually see no point of arguing with ragers but I'll give it a try today.

The reason for 1/3 in emp. renew is for a (quite big) chanse of bosting my mana reg in combat and as I said in my first post in this thread, my main spec is shadow and I'm holy for the fun and having fun for me isn't doing the ultimatly best in every situation with the best spells, if it was I would gear up a holy pala and spam Holy light

My "thrill" in healing is doing that with a lot of different spells trying to use the whole aresnal of spells that a priest have, I've been Disc and yay, it was waay better of than only in most situations (healing mainly 5mans and 10mans) but it didn't have the same potential as I though holy have.

So least: I have 1/3 in emp renew as I don't see 3/3 as a huge healing increase but I don't wanne miss my chanse on getting a free mana reg as I would cast renew anyway

And screw my english spelling

Mate, I know you are striving for a higher post count just like me but this issue has been resolved, we agree that 1/3 Emp Renew is sitationally good and is another choice that requires your own opinion.

Thanks for taking my side though.

As with the guy in this thread who is specced with 2/3 Emp Renew, christ I don't even want to start.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

not sure if this has been brought up but the blessed resi talent is not really for pve. while the 3% incr effectiveness is nice i wud have thought putting the 3 points in the inspiration box wud be much more benefical talent for a raid and also taking 1 point from surge of light and the point from desperate prayer and putting them into healing prayers wud also be more beneficial to a raid. desperate prayer is nigh on useless for raiding and is not really needed. dont flame me if u think im wrong just kindly put a different view across if u do not agree

Quote Originally Posted by Barrier
    not sure if this has been brought up but the blessed resi talent is not really for pve. while the 3% incr effectiveness is nice i wud have thought putting the 3 points in the inspiration box wud be much more benefical talent for a raid and also taking 1 point from surge of light and the point from desperate prayer and putting them into healing prayers wud also be more beneficial to a raid. desperate prayer is nigh on useless for raiding and is not really needed. dont flame me if u think im wrong just kindly put a different view across if u do not agree
    1 point Surge of Light is how must priests spec. Desperate Prayer is nice when you're running (like Rotface). Blessed Resilience is also nice. And no healing Priest specs miss Inspiration, because there's nothing to really get that's better.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

1 point Surge of Light is how must priests spec. Desperate Prayer is nice when you're running (like Rotface). Blessed Resilience is also nice. And no healing Priest specs miss Inspiration, because there's nothing to really get that's better.
    10% dmg reduction for 15 secs is not good u say? ok then thats ur opinion as for needing desperate prayer in a raid, remember were talking about holy spec here where most of ur spells are instant cast anyway pom, coh, hn, u wud not need desperate prayer for a raid

Blessed Resilience is also nice.
    Blessed Resilience sucks.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Blessed Resilience sucks.
    thankyou /agree this talent is a pvp talent

10% dmg reduction for 15 secs is not good u say? ok then thats ur opinion as for needing desperate prayer in a raid, remember were talking about holy spec here where most of ur spells are instant cast anyway pom, coh, hn, u wud not need desperate prayer for a raid
    I said they get Inspiration. Read it again. If you take damage, like Festergut, and you're still moving, PoM does nothing after the fact. Holy Nova and Circle of Healing are weak for a single target. You may not have Surge of Light to just auto-Flash Heal yourself. But you can still get hit by things along the way. Desperate Prayer has its uses, but every Priest should already have Inspiration.
    thankyou /agree this talent is a pvp talent
    Part of it is a PvP talent. And then they gave a reason to spec it for PvE, 3% output on all spells. Where are you going to put that? Empowered Healing, so that only affects two of your spells? If Flash Heal is less than ~48% of your total healing, you get more (point per point) for 3/3 Blessed Resilience + 2/5 Empowered Healing than you do 5/5 Empowered Healing. I'm sorry, but that's just the math.

If you're not running around with Body & Soul (or another popular place to drop points from), there's not really a reason to be running without both Blessed Resilience and Test of Faith.

Holy 14/57

Simply since your not a tank healer, this build is perfect for the most fights. I dont want to say that this spec is the best for everything. First of all im shadow as main spec, but will always be a healer. ^^ and keeping a healing offspec, I like my opinion to be very clear, but im always open for critics.

With this spec you have desperate prayer, surge of light, empowered renew, test of faith, serendipity blessed resilience. while keeping the range for circle of healing, prayer of healing, holy nova and divine hymn! Your also able to go with a 13/58 spec to get that 1/2 to a 2/2 healing prayers, but I find it very usefull to use my Inner focus > Divine Hymn.

I do not have any talent points spend into Empowered healing, since. I do not want to spend 10 talents (5 for the 0.5 seconds less casting time) points to get a big 2.5 second (not taking haste in consideration here) greater heal that is basicly alot of overhealing.

Even flash heal heals for around 5000 non crit, without the empowered healing. Go ahead convince me that 10 points less into, lets say test of faith, serendipity and then, 4.. from? surge of light, desperate prayer? and uhm.. what more? ^^ is BETTER then this.
    I find it useless to go for a big pretty numbered flash heal / greater heal. I rather have a strong Renew, and on overall the 3% more healing from everything (incl. the super renew!)

I also take spell warding all time - most raid damage, if not all raid damage you can not avoid. Is most likely always magical damage. Your better of being alive then have a 500 overkill from a shadow volley. No?

And whenever a boss or add goes into a frenzy, most encounters have the raid damage lowered at that point, so you can assist healing the tank, getting inspiration on him to prevent him going splat.

I also included Glyphs and kept 1 Major open, this is since its varries from fights to fights.

GS glyph and circle of healing are a must. Then you have options like,
    Holy Nova (mimiron pre nurfs anyone!)
    Renew (1 less tick but stronger ticks , make sure you are absolutly sure your hot timers u use, are right! Can cause a player to die if your not paying attention to it)
    Flash Heal, for those long encounters!

With this spec I useally heal with the instant spells, useing flash heal from surge procs, while doing prayer of healing with at least 2/3 serendipity. If mass AOE healing is needed, if your in the right gear, your very unlucky if your not getting a surge proc after you healed 5 targets with Prayer of Healing. So you PoH the group, trow the instant flash heal on whoever needs it.
    and go trow the 2de PoH on a party, depending how heavy healing is needed, you repeat this ^^

I would say haste is a very imp. factor for this spec, beeing able to quickly hot people, always able to encounter hard raid damage with alot of spells. this spec is my favorite spec since a very long time (I miss the old clearcasting tho! Hmm wait, RNG??)

this is my opinion,
    my 2 cents!

Kiwi

yes i read it again and im sry for my misunderstanding but what im getting at is that while the 3% incr is nice it is not needed for raids to me its like a waste of 3 points which cud be spent elsewhere so as a holy stacks spirit he/she gains sp from it. and tbh the holy tree is better suited for raid healing while u can still tank heal in this spec also the points wud be better of going into reducing the mana cost of ur poh spell by 20%. and lets be honest here if u have a lot of sp u do not need the 3% incr and 6 sec crit stop as u can comfortably heal without it

This is my guild's Priest classleader's spec;

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ding+Sheep+inc

I've seen in a number of vids where his Body And Soul shields have benefitted the raid or himself, and as for the rest... well he's mainly busy explaining stuff to us and raid healing.

I personally despise the Holy tree with a PASSION because I cannot play the damn spec for more than a day without wishing I was good old, relaxing and very pretty Discipline. I strongly disagree with a talent that requires my demise to be able to use, although it did get me the Going Down? achievement during an Archimonde wipe, and I also hate the mana issues I have with the tree. I have come to accept that I do not get along with Holy and that it does not get along with me and due to this mutual understanding I can take enough points in it for Inspiration and be on my way to the Rainbow spell that is Penance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nxx-lCO9I

After levelling as Disc from 70 to 80 much like I had levelled my priest in the first place, I respecced Holy to try and do some Heroics, not confident enough about my gear to heal as Disc. I got kicked from one group because 14k mana wasn't enough apparently (this was early days in the expansion) and ended up going back to Disc sometime later. Anytime I have tried Holy out since then makes me want to strangle my Priest.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

yes i read it again and im sry for my misunderstanding but what im getting at is that while the 3% incr is nice it is not needed for raids to me its like a waste of 3 points which cud be spent elsewhere so as a holy stacks spirit he/she gains sp from it. and tbh the holy tree is better suited for raid healing while u can still tank heal in this spec also the points wud be better of going into reducing the mana cost of ur poh spell by 20%. and lets be honest here if u have a lot of sp u do not need the 3% incr and 6 sec crit stop as u can comfortably heal without it
    Then you might as well not take Spiritual Healing for its 10% healing increase. Or Test of Faith, because you can comfortably heal without that 12% when people are low, just using stronger spells.

Priests are balanced around having Healing Prayers. That's understandable. So, upon taking those points, surprise you have others to be using. 3% thoroughput does not outweigh Healing Prayers, but you should still have room in your spec elsewhere so long as you're not taking Body & Soul (or there's a few other places to squeeze it in, as well, but this is primary). That's pretty much all there is to it. 6 second crit stop is useless, yes. It's PvP, yes. 3% increase is not.

There's nothing tank/raid heal about it.

And Ginjux, take one point from either Surge of Light or Holy Reach to max out your Healing Prayers and you've pretty much got it.

Then you might as well not take Spiritual Healing for its 10% healing increase. Or Test of Faith, because you can comfortably heal without that 12% when people are low, just using stronger spells.

Priests are balanced around having Healing Prayers. That's understandable. So, upon taking those points, surprise you have others to be using. 3% thoroughput does not outweigh Healing Prayers, but you should still have room in your spec elsewhere so long as you're not taking Body & Soul (or there's a few other places to squeeze it in, as well, but this is primary). That's pretty much all there is to it. 6 second crit stop is useless, yes. It's PvP, yes. 3% increase is not.

There's nothing tank/raid heal about it.

And Ginjux, take one point from either Surge of Light or Holy Reach to max out your Healing Prayers and you've pretty much got it.
    no because 12% is alot more of a difference than 3% so ofc u take the 12% over the 3% and ofc u take spiritual healing but the other 3% is just not needed

I haven't heald much in Icecrown, uhm well not at all to be very honest. But in ToTGC I realy like to keep my range on spells and I had no mana problems at all
    <3 blood elf racial!<3 So I would just sarcrifice range or surge chance then, for basicly having 60% mana at the end of a fight then 40%

But might check it out in ICC.

I am one of the two healers in our 10 man guild and the other healer is a Disk priest, I used to run with Body and Soul but found that with a disk as a partner the Weakend Soul debuff is on the target I want to give a bubble about half the time. However with ICC fights being so mobile I am planning on placing points back into it.

I have been using...
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbu...qhhjzAo:Nm0MzV

But I am changing my spec to...
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbu...qhMfuAo:Nf0MzV

I have never really liked the Renew type priest and usually used flash heal as my filler spell. (diffence between only spaming flash and using it as a filler, and I still use renew when viable.) But again as mobility seems to be very prominant in ICC I threw in the renew talents seeing as renew scaling is freaking amazing and as my spellpower stays about 3100. (no sp gems 10 man buffs)

Wondering If you guys think that the 2 points in Empowered Healing or 2 points in Blessed Resil would be better. Seeing as I am a big fan of Flash Heal I will still be using it alot and I think taht the 8% on fheal and the 16% on Gheal(use some) would overall be better than the 2% overall... your opinion?
    Venara violated my pretty signature. :'(

no because 12% is alot more of a difference than 3% so ofc u take the 12% over the 3% and ofc u take spiritual healing but the other 3% is just not needed
    3.1, when Test of Faith's crit chance was removed, and Blessed Resilience was given its 3% healing to not be a PvP talent, people were dropping Test of Faith like flies, because 3% is up 100% of the time, instead of ToF's active only under 50%.

3% all the time, on every heal. And if you actually look at the builds being posted, they do have Test of Faith. They also have Healing Prayers. Most are taking Body & Soul, and if you're not that would be where I would put my points into Blessed Resilience.

It's not about comparing Healing Focus, Holy Concentration, Renew talents, Healing Prayers, Improved Healing, or any other thing in the fucking tree.

It's Body & Soul, Empowered Healing, or Blessed Resilience. That's really where the call comes from. And unless Flash Heal is more than 48% of your total healing, 3/3 Blessed Resilience & 2/5 Empowered Healing is better than 5/5 Empowered Healing, so ergo, Blessed Resilience is point for point better than Empowered Healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrié
    I am one of the two healers in our 10 man guild and the other healer is a Disk priest, I used to run with Body and Soul but found that with a disk as a partner the Weakend Soul debuff is on the target I want to give a bubble about half the time. However with ICC fights being so mobile I am planning on placing points back into it.
    If you're running with a disc priest in 10s then you're very unlikely to get much use from B&S. It's much safer to spec if you're the disc priest and it's on your holy OS, or for 25s where there is less likelihood of a collision. Even then I'd have a long chat with your friendly neighberhood disco about how he feels regarding you using it.

Good disc priests will have a tactic for their shielding in any encounter, some I'll proactively spam shields, others shields are my reactive weapon to deal with spikes on targets with debuffs. A holy priest dropping an unexpected shield on a target can cause me to lose that target. A holy priest unexpectedly shielding a tank can literally wipe a raid if the disco priest is pre-shielding for a particular attack.

Put those points in Blessed Resilience would be my advice.