Thread: Holy Glyphs 3.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Glyphs 3.1

Currently using FoL as my 3rd (I know, but its better than Divinity which I don't need/use)
    If mana becomes more of a problem in Uldar then I'll switch it back to Divinity, I'll probably do it anyway once the patch hits

We REALLY need to cut out the bullshit about anyone using HL only or spamming FoL is a bad player. They are 2 out of our 3 healing spells, and a huge part of our class for healing. BOTH have thier places, and given that the devs have flat out said healing and mana regen in ulduar will be harder, we need to play smart.

At the moment, there is gear and glyphs that allow people to sit there and spam HL for 6 minutes straight without a fear of ooming, and with a driud to help you in raid with rejuv and replinishement and a pot and your lay on hands, yes, it is VERY effective. FOR NOW. We DO NOT know fully what the future encounters will hold, and we cannot say without a doubt WHAT we will have to do in Ulduar.

Spamming FoL with the glyph and shield on to give you around 96% crit chance in a raid(if you have a boomkin, like you should) or even more is great for mana returns. And lets face it, even WITH 4 healers in naxx, you should never have to spam HL the whole time to get through. If you do, get your tanks more gear.

For Sarth+3D, I have to agree with previous posters, spamming HL to keep the tank up is the solution for that fight. For instructor Razovious(sp?), spamming HL with a beacon up is fun for the WWS or recount numbers, but FoL is more than enough.

In summary, ALL our healing spells are good for hard hitting, tank saving heals. HL for a major hit, FoL for constant hits, and HS for that oh so nice instant cast goodness. Refusing to use one of them is simply refusing to play your class to its full ability.

i agree wholeheartedly with the above poster. Using flash of light does not make you a bad paladin. Healing on trash = flash of lights for aoe damage, not wasting mana, spamming holy light and letting the glyph pick up the slack from shamans/priests

healing on bosses that do a lot of aoe damage and little tank damage = beacon on tank, spamming fol on raid

main tank healing = sacred shield, holy light, flash of light, holy light, flash of light in a rotation to conserve mana and keep the tank alive.

The way i heal is like this, and my tanks never die from lack of heals, the raid is usually kept fresh, especially on fights like sarth 3d, and i never ever come close to running out of mana

Flash of light is one of our heals, and should be used as if it is one. With the nerfs to divine plea, and the gear in ulduar seeming to have mp5 on it rather than haste or crit, we're going to have to get smarter with our mana conservation, and honestly, i see no problem with the way i posted.

And for staying on topic:

Holy Light
    Seal of Wisdom
    Beacon of Light (because of the mana it will save in longer fights, where the divinity glyph only returns a burst amount of mana once every 20 minutes untalented)