Thread: Paladin Dps

Paladin Dps

Hey.

I'm woundering if any of my dear paladin friendes have been top 3 dps in a good geard naxx 25 raid?

Would be nice if some of you could link an wowwebstat.
    I just wanna see if i'm. doing all wrong, or if the retri dps just suck.

Thx alot

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin Dps

Ret DPS is just like Ret PvP you need good teammates to carry you. If you are pulling high DPS numbers it's because the bosses are short fights are you are hitting the max potential of your burst by the time the boss is dying.

Every Paladin that is pulling high numbers and top spots are in guilds that give 150% on raids and have shortened the average boss fight form 3-4 minutes to 1-2 minutes.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/pal/6/0/3

You will see by checking all parses that Paladins setting high DPS records are doing it because for the fight they are getting.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49016 and http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57934

If you do not get these buffs don't expect to pull top numbers it just won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

To do extremely well with ret atm:
    A) RNG gods have to be in your favor, a string of no crits and your gonna do badly
    B) All melee enhancing buffs need to be present(WF totem, 5% crit buff, might/BS, HoW/Strength of earth, ect.)
    C) Fight has to be short, with a majority of heroism/bloodlust uptime present
    A target with adds/being undead helps alot to make the meters show in your favor as well.
    Other than that(and BiS gear) praying helps i hear
    8)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

stil, ret damage is low atm cause if none of the above favors the paladin then a pala that did 5500 dps last run can do 4000 the next run
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

ret pallys and RNG
    for me its all bad luck
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Usually I am #1 in damage meters (now that our fury warrior quit) in 25-man raids. Hit capped (7% + draenei) and expertise capped, ~3.2k ub ap.
    Stormreaver.EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Usually I am #1 in damage meters (now that our fury warrior quit) in 25-man raids. Hit capped (7% + draenei) and expertise capped, ~3.2k ub ap.
    your guilds 'pure' dps players suck. i can tell you that.

This is an odd one to reply to. Fight are pretty variable now, and more so in Ulduar.

Right now, for total DPS over say Nax 25, I am always #1, just because of trash and so forth.

Certain fights I struggle to stay in top 5, and blo my entire arsenal to do so, like Patchwerk, Grand Widow, Maxxena if I get wrapped, and so forth.

Then on fights like grobbulus and Thaddius I am easily #1 by a large margin, mainly on Thaddy becasue Ret DPS scales much better with flat %age dps increase. Or like on Gothlik where our burst DPS can kill the adds before anyone else can reach them.

If you have a good DK, a good lock and a good shadow priest in the raid though, you'll really have to push hard to beat them and hope they are slacking, esp in fights with multiple adds like Gluth (never will beat a lock there) and Sarth 3d.

I am consistently in the top 5/4 dps in the boss fights however, but I am always pushing myself to do more. For th most part, if you have other GOOD dpsers, you'll never be tops on every fight, but should be pushing for it anyway, just to keep any naysayers off your back

Quote Originally Posted by kyalia
    This is an odd one to reply to. Fight are pretty variable now, and more so in Ulduar.

Right now, for total DPS over say Nax 25, I am always #1, just because of trash and so forth.

Certain fights I struggle to stay in top 5, and blo my entire arsenal to do so, like Patchwerk, Grand Widow, Maxxena if I get wrapped, and so forth.

Then on fights like grobbulus and Thaddius I am easily #1 by a large margin, mainly on Thaddy becasue Ret DPS scales much better with flat %age dps increase. Or like on Gothlik where our burst DPS can kill the adds before anyone else can reach them.

If you have a good DK, a good lock and a good shadow priest in the raid though, you'll really have to push hard to beat them and hope they are slacking, esp in fights with multiple adds like Gluth (never will beat a lock there) and Sarth 3d.

I am consistently in the top 5/4 dps in the boss fights however, but I am always pushing myself to do more. For th most part, if you have other GOOD dpsers, you'll never be tops on every fight, but should be pushing for it anyway, just to keep any naysayers off your back
    Strange you say that the other night on Grand Window I pulled 5.2k dps (sorry no screen print) and i wouldnt say i have many BIS but a couple of good pieces. When i get my greatness card a week today hoping my DPS will sky rocket

Quote Originally Posted by tomtiks
    Hey.

I'm woundering if any of my dear paladin friendes have been top 3 dps in a good geard naxx 25 raid?

Would be nice if some of you could link an wowwebstat.
    I just wanna see if i'm. doing all wrong, or if the retri dps just suck.

Thx alot
    If you manage top3 in a GOOD GEARED naxx 25, the raid sucks ass ! I raid as Ret the only encounters I usually come first are Thaddius, Gothik, Noth (our tanks just pack the squels with Noth so I just AoE ) the rest I'm between 3-5th (yes my raid sucks too, nobody is perfect :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    If you manage top3 in a GOOD GEARED naxx 25, the raid sucks ass ! I raid as Ret the only encounters I usually come first are Thaddius, Gothik, Noth (our tanks just pack the squels with Noth so I just AoE ) the rest I'm between 3-5th (yes my raid sucks too, nobody is perfect :P)
    Yeah, dont you just hate when you are top 3 as a paladin in a guild who farms sarth3d and clears naxx in a couple of hours? The rest in the guild must suck!
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

TBH if you want to be top DPS in a raid where say even the top 5 are equally geared ... you should probably roll another class.

If you enjoy the class but feel your DPS-peen is too small, look at the things you do -as a hybrid- that buff your entire raid.

+3% damage for everyone
    +3% crit for everyone (on the current main target)
    Pally buffs, enough said on that
    Hands of Salvation/Protection/Freedom
    Passive healing through DS (yes, small, but still)
    Replenishment

Honestly I find the class has some extremes while playing. If your group is really good you'll be bored mashing four, sometimes 5-6 buttons. If your group is bad for any reason it keeps you on your toes. I've actually had the GCD own me because I couldn't spam defensive or supportive abilities fast enough in a bad group. On the other hand I've also had to play the hero and had a blast keeping a bad group up and functioning.

Anyway, if the playstyle or lack of high end geared DPS has you down, reconsider your options IMO. Otherwise, there's been enough complaining about it that I'm positive they'll buff Ret DPS (as they already are with the Exorcism change, and sure to be more after that).

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    Yeah, dont you just hate when you are top 3 as a paladin in a guild who farms sarth3d and clears naxx in a couple of hours? The rest in the guild must suck!
    Well sorry to say but the rest of your guild could still do better ....

Oh btw, I haven't killed S3D yet lack of DPS from the "pures", how ironic ?

Enough said
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by dTucker321
    Strange you say that the other night on Grand Window I pulled 5.2k dps (sorry no screen print) and i wouldnt say i have many BIS but a couple of good pieces. When i get my greatness card a week today hoping my DPS will sky rocket
    Yeah widow is weird for me. If we do what we are "SUPPOSED" to do and group them all up on her and I AOE the crap out of it, I'll get psycho dps, but lately our guys have been very, well, bored. Doing crap just to make things more interesting, it has ended up with odd wipes and longer kills. I can't wait for 3.1 just so people will focus again.