Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: RET - What to do with those missing talents points

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Technically Sheath of Light is our version of Armored to the Teeth, it just doesn't scale as well since not all our attacks use Holy Damage.
    I would say sheath of light is our version of mental quickness.

Sheath of light has nothing to do with armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I would say sheath of light is our version of mental quickness.

Sheath of light has nothing to do with armor.
    Well, it does sort of...

Plate = ST (no AP)
    Divine ST = boost to ST = more AP
    Sheath of Light = more AP = more SP
    More SP = more damage from some of our abilities

sort of...

after all this talk tho, which other class can honestly say that they can spec into pve and pvp at the same time and not lack in the primary....

^ I don't know if you have been on the PTR but Ret Paladin's are lacking severely in the PVE DPS with BiS gear and using all 59 dps increasing talents.

So please make up more things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    ^ I don't know if you have been on the PTR but Ret Paladin's are lacking severely in the PVE DPS with BiS gear and using all 59 dps increasing talents.

So please make up more things.
    I dunno if you've been on the PTR but both factions dmg seals are bugged atm, so it doesn't matter. PTR Ret Dmg should be fine if they fix SotM/SoB

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

Its been stated, but all these arguments have no substance until we find out where ret dps actually stands with the buff/nerf seesaw, we could have some bonus lame utility or we could need some dps with those talent points. Either way you cant really go one way or another with out knowing, and frankly if our dps is in the right place, i think every ret should be spec'ing into Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian, these are two of the best utility talents you could have asked for

1) being able to save the raid with one ability cause it softens damage from aoe and in conjunction with Hand of Sacrifice and Bubble you could save your tank (more than once, since you dont have to use LoH to do so)

2) We have empty globals all over the place with our FCFS rotation, is it too much to ask that you buff yourself with SS once a minute, it literally saves you about 20k damage over the course of a minute, people keep bitching about the recoil mechanic and we have an ability that practically negates it. I understand that previously SS was a waste of a mana due to it not working with Sheath of Light, but every ret pally whose ever accidentally killed himself should love this new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by greatrichie
    I dunno if you've been on the PTR but both factions dmg seals are bugged atm, so it doesn't matter. PTR Ret Dmg should be fine if they fix SotM/SoB
    it's things like this and the "slip-up" about rets getting improved overpower that give me little faith with blizzard about ret paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    it's things like this and the "slip-up" about rets getting improved overpower that give me little faith with blizzard about ret paladins.

lol Yeah... thats why I always use "if" with any sentence with "blizzard" and "fix" in it.

Yeah, well who doesnt?

Seal of Martyr for example, 1 week after new build was implemented in PTR, and they still didnt fix it for alliance, only blood is working.

Blood isn't correct either.

Blood is doing the new increased amount of seal damage, with the old higher amount of judgment damage.

Martyr is doing the old decreased amount of seal damage, with the new lower amount of judgment damage.

I am hoping that blizzard is leaving this bug in place to try out a goldy locks situation and ends up leaving the bugged blood intact as our dps boost.

I'd like that myself. Supposedly it'll be fixed next ptr patch. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by greatrichie
    I'd like that myself. Supposedly it'll be fixed next ptr patch. We shall see.
    I just hope I get some talents worth putting my leftover dozen or so points.

If a dps spec has to spec into another tree for it's "utility" then the class is broken.

Honestly it should make sense that a dps tree doesn't want much from the healing or tanking tree. And the same for the other trees. We're the only hybrid that is distinctly different in each spec. Of course we're going to be the only class that desires all our points in one tree.

I really do think it's silly for blizzard to want dps paladins to spec more into holy or prot. The only way I can see this being feasible is by giving prot paladins threat increasing talents that would equate to more dps for rets too. Otherwise why wouldn't we just roll around in pvp spec all the time?

If the talent trees stay like they are. I'll just be able to be pvp spec'd and pve spec'd at the same time.

The plus is that I don't need 3 specs for my dual spec feature for ret pve/pvp and prot for tanking 3 drake.

I don't mind that they want us to put some points into an other tree, I'm just hoping that they actually give us something to put em that will actually help us to our job better