Titanium Spellshock Ring for Holy

At what gear level should I replace the Titanium Spellshock ring with a JC + 32 sp gem in it?

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

Re: Titanium Spellshock Ring for Holy

First of all, you should never ever use the JC 32 spell power gems in Red Sockets. That's just a waste of stats right there.

Secondly, according to the latest simulationcraft, you shouldn't change the ring before

a) Ring of Manifested Pain
    b) Lost Jewel
    c) Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    First of all, you should never ever use the JC 32 spell power gems in Red Sockets. That's just a waste of stats right there.

Secondly, according to the latest simulationcraft, you shouldn't change the ring before

b) Lost Jewel
    c) Ulduar
    Why wouldnt I use it in a red socket, its prismatic so matches w/e color the slot is.

Unless you only have 3 gem slots in your entire gear you should never use a Prismatic gem in its original gem colour slot (eg SP in red, int in yellow, stam in blue)
    This is where JCing gets its OP status from, you can put say a SP gem in a Blue socket and get a good bonus, rather than wasting half a hybrid gem on something you don't need

Quote Originally Posted by ntadk
    Why wouldnt I use it in a red socket, its prismatic so matches w/e color the slot is.
    You just answered your own question. You should be using it to keep your socket bonuses on blue sockets. Personally, I would never actually gem for spell power anyways. I always gem for intellect. I put 16 intellect gems in my yellow sockets and 27 intellect gems in my non-yellow sockets.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

good reasoning, honestly i had 27 int in it to start, but was going to change it out for sp since the holy sheet on maxdps said to go for SP and i dont really struggle for mana at any point right now.

back to topic, so i shouldnt replace it until i have those two rings posted above or hit ulduar lewt. thnx for hte input.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

b) Lost Jewel
    c) Ulduar
    For Holy there really isnt/cant be a set list. Some people favor crit and build a set around that and some people favor haste and stack that. Oh and some people have a balance set with just enough of both. Sp is always in style though. But every list i've seen has been different. just saying (this only applies to holy, not disc or shadow)

Quote Originally Posted by ntadk
    good reasoning, honestly i had 27 int in it to start, but was going to change it out for sp since the holy sheet on maxdps said to go for SP and i dont really struggle for mana at any point right now.

back to topic, so i shouldnt replace it until i have those two rings posted above or hit ulduar lewt. thnx for hte input.
    I'd say stick a spirit gem in there as your accidental regen's gonna hit the floor come 3.1, and forget the socket bonus.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

Forget Spirit :P Doesnt have so much worth at patch 3.1.0

I would go for spellpower or Int.

Quote Originally Posted by BravePT
    Forget Spirit :P Doesnt have so much worth at patch 3.1.0

I would go for spellpower or Int.
    It may have less worth (point for point) but that means it's twice as important because mana is a problem again. Forget the spellpower, go Spirit. Or Int.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by rikken
    For Holy there really isnt/cant be a set list. Some people favor crit and build a set around that and some people favor haste and stack that. Oh and some people have a balance set with just enough of both. Sp is always in style though. But every list i've seen has been different. just saying (this only applies to holy, not disc or shadow)
    The "Holy" part of the topic weren't there when I replied. The post got edited.

I assumed there was talk about shadow.