Shadow viable 3.1 arena spec??

I just looking for some of your guys input if you think shadow will be viable in arena again come 3.1 if anyone has any ptr info would be great and what the spec would be.

Re: Shadow viable 3.1 arena spec??

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757

Seems to be a standard spec, 1 or 2 points adjustable for personal preference.

-You dont need mana reducing talents in PVP arena.
    -25% magic reduction.
    -Desperate prayer (good for on the run after you cast psyhic horror).
    still get 4% more HP from imp fort, 30% from inner fire.
    You could get max rank imp fire + imp mana burn and 15% more from absorb shield, but u lose the points put in holy.
    this is again all down to personal preference though.

After casting the horror spell u got enough time to Desperate prayer, renew and back to shadow form b4 they are back on you.
    We are still screwed in 3.1 but hey, every little helps!

Q. Shadow viable 3.1 arena spec??
    A. No

We were getting raped on the PTR before Horror CD went to 2 mins (up from 1 min)
    After that change was made along with a couple others shadow is as bad on the PTR is it is on live.
    Now before there are 20 nerd rage replys to the extent of "any spec can be arena viable!!"
    Yes you can arena as shadow, but when, especially in 2s did you see a shadow priest over 1800 more or less 2000

S6 / 3.1 shadow pvp is going to be the same as it has all arena season's doable but at a HUGE disadvantage compared to disc.

looks like ill most likly just do duel spec with shadow for pve and disc for pvp since disc is getting some buffed up abit ... anyway what would you guys say is the benchmark for resil im at 711 atm and still get torn up

Quote Originally Posted by jdl45
    looks like ill most likly just do duel spec with shadow for pve and disc for pvp since disc is getting some buffed up abit ... anyway what would you guys say is the benchmark for resil im at 711 atm and still get torn up
    I get torn up as Disc with over 1000 resilience (which I have to give up the hit cap to get). Certain classes do too much damage right now for there to be a point where you have too much resilience.

Deleted

My opinion is that spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757
    -i need mana efficiency.Too much games go lasted games.More MP or mp regen =more dmg
    -mana burn.For me is salt and pepper in any priest.Burn the other mana users can make the win happen.
    - +3%hit even in pvp is MUST!!cause mages/druids and classes that have resistanses keep resisting silenceeven in 3% hit.A silence can win a match if properly use.
    -I.shield cause that 15% is more absorb.What ever can save my ass i use it in maximum.
    -Criticals since 6% crit can make a crit more in our Dots.
    -Silent resolve since its an extra dispel protection.Mana back from dispelling dots is good also VT is good since it dmg in dispels,but shields and other buffs can be easily purged/dispeled and 30% is a good avoiding percent.
    -I.VE cause i think more feedback it's better to keep me alive and also i can buy time before drop Sform to threw up heals while nuking.
    -I didn t spent any point in I.MB and that pains me since its heavy nuke and if i could i would gladly spam it :P , but really i can w8 8sec.since in those 8sec i have many things to do(mending/dispels/flaying/bubbles/fear/the new psychic horror/play los someone)

Questions:
    -Also in the previous Built i saw u put I.PW:F,but u didn't put Silent resolve,then ur buff should go off in 1st dispel...so is 4% more fortitude woth that enough to sacrifiece dispel protection(something we qq years now :P ).Also don t forget u ll be uncovered in dispel in shields/Shadow resistance/fortitude and Fear ward protection which saves some time from locks and other priests even warriors :-\???
    -what about meditation?Base mana regen is halfed in 3.1,if u don't put it u'd be oom exposing u and ur teamate also.When u are not oom there are many ways u can do something.If oom /leave arena...u mustn't play dispersion in order to mana regen urself, but to absorb "the Big Bad Burst",or smart playing it avoid a CC if u can in order to loS someone.So meditation is more or less the must have in ur built so u can save mana(mana =dmg,mana=counter actions(heals +bla bla bla).

And i vote :yes it will be viable in 3.1 more than it does now.And it s not less from DS cause its much different thing than DS,does other things from DS.Why always to play with the easy method and u don t try and win with ur favourite?From what i ve seen Shadow it is weak in that moment but if plaed properly it can be a pain in the ass for sure.Sorry about the many lines and the whole "poetry" thing but i wanted to explain what i say clearly.I hoped i helped

Oh, I just looked at the spec.

Listen carefully.

This is really important and very vital to your (very limited) potential success as a PvP Shadow Priest.

DROP ALL CRIT TALENTS. I'm talking about Mind Melt and Shadow Power.

A fully PvP geared Shadow Priest doesn't have enough crit to make them worthwhile. Against anyone wearing any resilience, your critical chance will be somewhere between 0 and 3%; matches don't and won't last long enough for you to have much chance of seeing that 3%.

Deleted

Thanks for the advice,i saw u have right in that thing about criticals...The thing is that i haven't see many criticals happen in the arena.Also in my current spec i don't play mindmelt.But is 6% crit.chance in dots crit since we talk about 3.1....If u have lets say 16-17% +6% it goes over 20% crit.chance.I know resilliance drops that frequency maybe beyond the half in fully resi gear character.But we want to make those dots crit!For that reason i think we must maximise the possibilities to achieve a crit hit.Also about Shadow power:Why (if crit happens) not to do all the dmg we can at its maximum?That was my thinking.Hmm...but in some point i think you have right.So lets talk about that spec if we go spec in your thinking.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9757
    -5pts in I.Mb makes Mb become in handy.(Good)
    - -6sec to fade its really good since u can use it more often.(good)
    -chances to achieve crits mainly in dots reduced(bad)
    -Critical dmg reduced
    Really i like the idea.But the whole thing makes me comfused a litle bit.

Deleted

Also with some adjustment we can put Inner Focus talent and play it in the final focus burst in order to maximise our crit chance so the 100% dmg in crit bonus will have a bigger reason to exist in the built.'Cause whatever,its better to have a crit for 5k(in a high resiliance target) than 4k lets say...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...3&version=9757

Depending on how much resil the player wears, switch 2 points from marty to imp fort.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie