Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: 3.1 11/9/51 Ret Build?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    But not spell checking your posts, right?
    Ever thought of sombody who might not be a native speaker, moron ?

The +healing to DS and JoL will be very minimal and your raid healers won't even notice it. If you are so worried about the recoil damage, then why aren't you spec'n into the buffed SS? The buff SS absorbs almost all of the recoil for minimal mana.
    Last time i checked SS did not stop the recoil. Same goes for DS .

Really when has the debuff from Berserk actually hurt us? Really?
    Maybe in some PvP situations. Maybe if you find youself cleaved by trash of Whirlwind or anything. but i think of the 30% snare debuff than the Armor as a primary Advantage considering both PvE and PvP.

Where were you going with the paragraph that starts with "situations?"

What you personally think and what is being test and proven on the PTR are two different things then. We have free GCDs to burn and SS is once a minute from what I have read up on.

The numbers coming from people testing on the PTR show that SS > +healing from the Holy tree.
    as already said, last time i checked SS was not triggerd by recoil, and my point is by speccing into devo aura you create space for an additional DD, because you don't need a Prot. Maybe if you go solo or pug Nax 10 ( or for instance Uld 10 ) you profite, but by leaving the unneeded Tankspot to a DD or Healing class the whole raid profits.
    but this is maybe just my 2 pence. All point in general spend besides 0 5 52 are wothless and just add a different icing on the cake.

And: i thought Divinity was in Prottree and not in Holy .... ???

Really, please try and read things and do your own homework before you spit out extremely flawed information for newer players to read. You are the type of player that gives Ret a bad name. You know very little of what you are talking about and spread false info.
    Thank you mr Fotm casual wrath facerolling gayelf paladin. i will consider your statement next time i take a dump.
    I did not spread wrong info i suppose but i shared my point of view.
    And by "newer" players i assume you are talking about yourself.
    Bur maybe you are simply ignorat and divide the oppinions people might have into " Mine " and " the wrong one ".
    if you ask me, not a very healthy point of viewing things.

All in all your spec was crap. The points in Toughtness and Imp Devo are a waste. Your point in SoC was a waste. Go read and test things. Maybe then you'll get some real knowledge.
    Toughness - anti bersek / anti snare / anti random melee hits ( in a minor grade )
    Imp devo - raidhealing buffed, selfhealing buffed, frees a raidspot for an additional DD/Healer, when only 1 tank is required or no Prot within the raid roster.
    SoC - Loatheb, Gluth, sapphiron, sartharion 3d more to come yet. i assume you get the point of swaping seal and libram for 30 secs and not to die, do you? or are you often the one who screws up immortal and undying?

I read things i tested things and i can say that i have enough knowlegde to know what i am saying, jerk.

Divine guardian isn't woth it imho because it shortly disables AW to us, redirects not enough DMG and buffs SS , which is a waste Talent for a ret imho. Even if EJ and your personal awsomness proove that it is 0.5231 % better than my specc.

If you dont like my oppinion - thats fine, i don't give a damn about that
    if you like it but can give me some constuctuve critisism - i am fine with that

I simply dislike being insultet by casual jerks who think that they earned themself any rights to call themself "knowing" by playing fotm specced classes without the slightest experience befor Wrath wearing welfare gear collected by PuG randoms without either hit or exp cap soketing for max strenght, assuming that it will skyrocket your DPS.
    Dude i mean no insult , but srsly dont screw with me, and try bringing your oppinion more moderate.
    And primary dont think that, just because you managed to pug Uld bosses or are afk in daleran on the ptr reading the gossip in /2, are a pro.

>>>> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&n=Kuthumii

So therefor, thank you for your mental Diarrhea, get a towel ans clean yourself up.

After perusing other forums, EJ, and the like, here's what I have come up with. And BEFORE any moron comments on certain aspects I have chosen, I will explain them.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...2&version=9757

I took talents based on the fact that in my guild we have 2 Raiding Rets, myself and another. My build incorporates improved Devotion Aura because the other Ret specs for Swift Retribution, thus I run Devotion anyway so might as well have it specced full improved, especially given sometimes we don't have a Resto Druid with us. I also took Improved Might to have a clean 51 pt build, and because with Kings being baseline the other Ret can cast that Blessing while I handle Might. The same applies to Vindication, since he will have it specced, there is really no reason for me to have it as well. As for SoComm, I never liked feeling like I had to spec for it, and it isn't really needed anyway so it's been left out as well. The only possible alteration I can see atm would be 2 pts in Anticipation rather than Stoicism, as those have to be junk points to get DG anyway.
    That's good. The only thing I would really change is instead of using SoB glyph I would use consecration. From my understanding is with the buff to judgments of the wise is that the glyph isn't required. Plus increasing consecration duration and cool down also saves mana.

This thread reminds me of a pally I once saw on my server that was in a mix of Tanking, DPS and Heal plate. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "he wanted to be ready for any situation".

Anyways Speccing Holy isn't the way to go. Picking up DG to keep your ass alive with a 2k SS when Aoe starts coming in and helping with your recoil is > an extra .22% Spell crit (OMG EXORCISM CAN CRIT ONCE MORE EVERY 400 EXORCISMS!!!). No if's and or buts about it. Aura mastery is useless for ret. 15% Intel is Useless for Ret.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

Quote Originally Posted by Luciendar
    Ever thought of sombody who might not be a native speaker, moron ?
    Sure, I have yet to find a web browser that doesn't have a built in spell checker though. Thanks for proving you are indeed a moron.

Last time i checked SS did not stop the recoil. Same goes for DS .
    When? Two months ago? Thanks for proving again, you don't know what you are talking about. Go get on the PTR, see if SS eats the recoil for you.

Maybe in some PvP situations. Maybe if you find youself cleaved by trash of Whirlwind or anything. but i think of the 30% snare debuff than the Armor as a primary Advantage considering both PvE and PvP.
    Zomg PvP! Armor is sooooo important in PvP right now! Zomg trash! Trash is so important in PvE! You are right about not being snared, but it isn't worth the 5/5 you put in it.

as already said, last time i checked SS was not triggerd by recoil, and my point is by speccing into devo aura you create space for an additional DD, because you don't need a Prot. Maybe if you go solo or pug Nax 10 ( or for instance Uld 10 ) you profite, but by leaving the unneeded Tankspot to a DD or Healing class the whole raid profits.
    but this is maybe just my 2 pence. All point in general spend besides 0 5 52 are wothless and just add a different icing on the cake.
    I am glad you assume no one raids with a Protadin as their MT or OT. "Let me get Imp Devo so we don't have to use a Protadin at all! Yea!". As I said earlier, go check the PTR for SS. About the 0/5/52 and the rest being worthless, again that points to exactly how idiotic you are. Thanks again.

And: i thought Divinity was in Prottree and not in Holy .... ???
    Thank you mr Fotm casual wrath facerolling gayelf paladin. i will consider your statement next time i take a dump.
    I did not spread wrong info i suppose but i shared my point of view.
    And by "newer" players i assume you are talking about yourself.
    Bur maybe you are simply ignorat and divide the oppinions people might have into " Mine " and " the wrong one ".
    if you ask me, not a very healthy point of viewing things.
    It is, the healing SS indirectly gives you is still greater than that of from Divinity.

Ah, calling me a FotM paladin when you are the one that clearly has no idea how to play your class. How ironic!

A new player? I am glad you have no problem making ignorant assumptions and then actually letting everyone know you make them! Again, proves my point about you being a moron. Thanks!

Math > your opinion. You were spreading false info, get over it.

Toughness - anti bersek / anti snare / anti random melee hits ( in a minor grade )
    Imp devo - raidhealing buffed, selfhealing buffed, frees a raidspot for an additional DD/Healer, when only 1 tank is required or no Prot within the raid roster.
    SoC - Loatheb, Gluth, sapphiron, sartharion 3d more to come yet. i assume you get the point of swaping seal and libram for 30 secs and not to die, do you? or are you often the one who screws up immortal and undying?
    WoW, 5 points for when one tank is needed instead of spending the points in a talent you will be using at 100% of your raids! Grats!

SoC for those bosses? Seriously? Really?

I read things i tested things and i can say that i have enough knowlegde to know what i am saying, jerk.

Divine guardian isn't woth it imho because it shortly disables AW to us, redirects not enough DMG and buffs SS , which is a waste Talent for a ret imho. Even if EJ and your personal awsomness proove that it is 0.5231 % better than my specc.
    You have proved you aren't knowledgeable. It disables AW? Really? Glad you don't know how to use abilities. I mean what is to stop me from using it while AW is on CD? Or after I used AW? Or to help the healers because they need the help more than the raid needs a increase in DPS at the moment? Sure, glad you are "knowledgeable!"

If you dont like my oppinion - thats fine, i don't give a damn about that
    if you like it but can give me some constuctuve critisism - i am fine with that
    As I have said, your opinion is crap. You have clearly proven you don't know what you are talking about. I have given you constructive criticism and you got defensive. Don't ask if you can't handle.

I simply dislike being insultet by casual jerks who think that they earned themself any rights to call themself "knowing" by playing fotm specced classes without the slightest experience befor Wrath wearing welfare gear collected by PuG randoms without either hit or exp cap soketing for max strenght, assuming that it will skyrocket your DPS.
    Dude i mean no insult , but srsly dont screw with me, and try bringing your oppinion more moderate.
    And primary dont think that, just because you managed to pug Uld bosses or are afk in daleran on the ptr reading the gossip in /2, are a pro.
    Ah, again with the FotM spec thing......you do understand you are playing the same class/spec right? So you are also making fun of yourself, right? I am glad you know my game experience before WotLK.........I mean Horde Paladins didn't show up until....tBC right? Or that I could have re-rolled anytime during tBC. No, I guess you are proving once again that you are a moron by not taking that into account.

Are you seriously trying to flame me for socketing +Str over +hit or +exp? Really are you? Again, proving you have no clue what you are talking about! Thanks!

>>>> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&n=Kuthumii

So therefor, thank you for your mental Diarrhea, get a towel ans clean yourself up.
    Gratz, you linked my armory. Considering I am in almost full BiS for the current gear that is available I am not sure what your point was. Proving you can use the Armory? Glad you can do something correctly! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by greatrichie
    This thread reminds me of a pally I once saw on my server that was in a mix of Tanking, DPS and Heal plate. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "he wanted to be ready for any situation".
    Luciendar, reminds me of a similar idiot I once had the pleasure of raiding with. OMG! I can use Imp Devo aura when we only need one tank! That is so much better than using SS on every boss to block SoB/M recoil and help my survivability and the raid!

Look you're prot!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&n=Luciendar

Look mommy I can use the Armory too! I'm a big kid now!

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    That's good. The only thing I would really change is instead of using SoB glyph I would use consecration. From my understanding is with the buff to judgments of the wise is that the glyph isn't required. Plus increasing consecration duration and cool down also saves mana.
    Thanks. And wasn't planning on using the SoB Glyph anyway, not sure where that came from. Judgement, Exorcism, Consecrate, though I'm going to miss my 3 sec Hammers with Wings up...

On a side note I'm getting amused at the bashers flaming each other back and forth in the thread I started. "Your opinion sucks! No YOURS sucks! RAWRR I will type as retarded and childishly as you just did and lower myself to your level!"

Amusing. Anyway
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Thanks. And wasn't planning on using the SoB Glyph anyway, not sure where that came from. Judgement, Exorcism, Consecrate, though I'm going to miss my 3 sec Hammers with Wings up...

On a side note I'm getting amused at the bashers flaming each other back and forth in the thread I started. "Your opinion sucks! No YOURS sucks! RAWRR I will type as retarded and childishly as you just did and lower myself to your level!"

Amusing. Anyway
    By commenting you lowered yourself to that same level. It is amusing, hence why its done though! =P