Paladin: best spec/gear to lvl

I've started running up a paladin and I'd like some input on rather I should go Ret with shield/ 1hander or a 2 hander to level? (I see a lot of rets in BG's using a shield and I'm curious why)
    What stats should I focus on as a ret to level?
    Is questing faster than a lvl 80 running me thru instances as a ret?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin: best spec/gear to lvl

I'm still leveling my pally atm, at 77 atm.

Go ret, and use a 2H.

Stack strength, and don't worry about anything pretty much.

I'd quest and only do the a few instances around 65, I'm still using a few 60-70 level gear atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

my main concern is lvl 20-50

Spec straight through retribution going for : seal of command->crusader striker->divine storm.

This is what I've been using on my pally with pretty good results time wise. I'm still under two days played (1 day 20 hours i think) and I'm at level 51. Pretty decent speed. This is using BoA gear though, which does help greatly (ridiculous damage from level 1-10 especially, but it never really slowed down -- pull 2-300 dps at level 47).

When i was levelling, once i hit around 28/30 I was advised to spec into Protection and AOE grind mobs, which i found worked a treat and I levelled up really fast, im not sure how viable it would be with the new changes to Blessing of Sanctuary, and the messing around with the tree though. It wouldnt be much of a problem getting groups for instances aswell.
    It might be worth looking into and experimenting with.