Poll: Would you like too see buff regents removed from the game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: have you got any spare symbol of kings mate?

Let's not get started.

When I used to play an older MMO named Asheron's Call, each spell would require about 10 spell components, and each person ingame usually picked up 3 schools of magic, tonnes of spells, tons of spell components, nightmare.

That game was a blast though.

Anways, we only have to carry 1 spell component, possibly 2 if you carry components for Divine Intervention. It's not that bad, just buy like 400 at a time and gg for a while.

A blue post on the front page..

"Totems, Ammos, and Shards improvements
    We are always on the look out for classes or class mechanics that players seem to comment on a lot as not being particularly fun. [...] As just a few examples, totems, ammo and shards are all things we think we can improve in future patches and expansions. The changes we made in 3.1 to ammo and shards are just a small first step. There is always more that we want to do with this game. Always."

i allways stack up 1000 when i arrive the vendor so i have no problems about this kind of situations. since i also do not grind with my paladin, i have also got enough spaces to carry my offspec gear, pots, foods etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Why are you even complaining? in one day I go through ~600-1000 Devout Candles as a priest, and they stack in TWENTY not ONE HUNDRED.

Could you imagine if your shit stacked in 20 and you had to carry 1000?

THATS 50 SLOTS, not to mention all my 500 Arena Water
    You buff prayer of fort or prayer of shadow protection 600-1000 times a day? Dear God, what are you doing?

Mandatory post:

BECAUSE HUNTARDS HAVE TO BUY THEIR AMMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    A blue post on the front page..

"Totems, Ammos, and Shards improvements
    We are always on the look out for classes or class mechanics that players seem to comment on a lot as not being particularly fun. [...] As just a few examples, totems, ammo and shards are all things we think we can improve in future patches and expansions. The changes we made in 3.1 to ammo and shards are just a small first step. There is always more that we want to do with this game. Always."
    I fail to see how there the same other than the fact that ammo and shards are need for spells and being worked on... and they need to be. I have never had an issue with reagents(yes I have a pally), but I HATE having to fill bags with shards on my lock to even be able to use important spells and I have to kill shit to replace them so if I can't kill anyhting at said time I can't get shards.

It kinda seems like apples to oranges to me, yah there both vagely round and fruit but still not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    Why are you even complaining? in one day I go through ~600-1000 Devout Candles as a priest, and they stack in TWENTY not ONE HUNDRED.

Could you imagine if your shit stacked in 20 and you had to carry 1000?

THATS 50 SLOTS, not to mention all my 500 Arena Water
    Pro tip: You have a single target version of your buffs, stop casting the 1 hour version every time you die in a battleground....

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'd rather have to buy regeants than have to put up with the state of Paladins in TBC.

Until patch 2.3(?), Paladin buffs lasted 10/5 minutes (greater/lesser). The greater ones still cost symbols. Having to rebuff mid-bossfight on something as long as Illidan progress (it WAS a long fight back in the day), was the point of Paladin's existence; Providing buffs to everyone else. If someone didn't get the buff they wanted, they whined about it. Let's not forget that Hand of Protection, Hand of Freedom, and Hand of Sacrifice were all short-term blessings that "over-wrote" the other blessing. They didn't have a regeant cost, but you still had to use one to rebuff afterwards. Speaking of Illidan, Warlocks had to be rebuffed most during that fight because of tanking him during Demon form, thus needing Blessing of Protection + another one afterwards every few minutes. This is on top of jugling BoProtection CD's between paladins.

So really, regeant's aren't even an inconvenience, more of a way to tell "Half-brained" raiders from the bad ones.

Also, ammo and shards aren't the same. Those are REQUIRED for their respective classes to function. Symbol of kings isn't required, as they're used for buffs which enhance your functionality, not for required abilities.
    Your telling me it used too be worse.. ok fair enough.. but that doesnt mean it could'nt be better.

"So really, regeant's aren't even an inconvenience, more of a way to tell "Half-brained" raiders from the bad ones."

I carry as much that will fit in the space in my bags and still run out. Don't tell me this makes me "Half-Brained" as you put it.

Are you telling me you would'nt see removing Regents as a improvement too the game?

I do wish they would add something that for example, used 9 reagents and buffed everyone at once (like it does for fort) if you chose to, or singles if you buffed individually so I didnt have to spend so long buffing, or didnt have to use pally power

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    Are you telling me you would'nt see removing Regents as a improvement too the game?
    I will say that. Reagents mean you have to think ahead. And if the take out Reagents there just going to have to find a diffrent way to make up the cost of the spell. Like making each cast cost so much mana you have to sit and drink a couple times to buff a full raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannerkiss
    I do wish they would add something that for example, used 9 reagents and buffed everyone at once (like it does for fort) if you chose to, or singles if you buffed individually so I didnt have to spend so long buffing, or didnt have to use pally power
    Would be nice but doubt it will happen since pally buff overright each other and theres enough issue with one player of a class wanting one buff and another a diffrent. Where as fort is the same for all the players its cast on and priests have nothing else to over right it.

I understand the complications of having it happen, but i'd rather fight with organizing w/ other paladins or which class wants which buff, than fight with the mechanic just annoying that way. Perhaps add a spell that works like POM that increases the amount buffed for a mana/reagent cost

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Liam
    I will say that. Reagents mean you have to think ahead. And if the take out Reagents there just going to have to find a diffrent way to make up the cost of the spell. Like making each cast cost so much mana you have to sit and drink a couple times to buff a full raid.
    If the only thing someone had too think before a raid was regents then im sure alot of people would not play this game.

And why would they need too up the mana cost? this makes no sence.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Liam
    ...Like making each cast cost so much mana you have to sit and drink a couple times to buff a full raid.
    It used to be like that in classic WoW :P
    They removed that.

Reagents exist for one reason, and one reason only:

To make you need to make an informed choice about what buffs you are tossing out.

First off: Ammo, and to a lesser extent soul shards are not considered standard reagents.

Notice something common to ALL basic reagents? Every one of them is used to allow the activation of a buff (or high impact raid utility / spell effect in the case of battle rezzes or similar) that is an IMPROVED version of the basic effect.

They want you to have to make a concious choice between using a 1 hour buff that effects the ENTIRE party / raid, at a small reagent cost, vs using a cost free, but less "efficient" version.

And bitching about your Pallie reagent is kind of silly. Sure, you have to bring a lot more of them, but they stack in larger numbers, and cost a lot less individually. 30 silver for 20 Symbols vs say, 50 Silver for ONE wild spineleaf (druid GotW reagent), or 10 silver for ONE Arcane powder (mage Int / Food Table reagent).

In the end, it is all about deciding if you want to spend the extra cash for the improved effect of the buff. No one is forcing you to use those reagents but you. If there was no reagent cost on the improved versions of the spell, there would be absolutely no reason to ever use anything BUT the improved version.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Reagents exist for one reason, and one reason only:

To make you need to make an informed choice about what buffs you are tossing out.

First off: Ammo, and to a lesser extent soul shards are not considered standard reagents.

Notice something common to ALL basic reagents? Every one of them is used to allow the activation of a buff (or high impact raid utility / spell effect in the case of battle rezzes or similar) that is an IMPROVED version of the basic effect.

They want you to have to make a concious choice between using a 1 hour buff that effects the ENTIRE party / raid, at a small reagent cost, vs using a cost free, but less "efficient" version.

And bitching about your Pallie reagent is kind of silly. Sure, you have to bring a lot more of them, but they stack in larger numbers, and cost a lot less individually. 30 silver for 20 Symbols vs say, 50 Silver for ONE wild spineleaf (druid GotW reagent), or 10 silver for ONE Arcane powder (mage Int / Food Table reagent).

In the end, it is all about deciding if you want to spend the extra cash for the improved effect of the buff. No one is forcing you to use those reagents but you.
    Whos bitching?
    When did i say i had an issue with the price of the regent?

"To make you need to make an informed choice about what buffs you are tossing out."
    So your telling me if they removed regents pallys would suddenly start giving DKs wisdom instead of might? And its becuase of the regents they dont?... lol?

It's real simple, get pallypower and do a few dailies; bitching on a fan site isn't going to help the situation.

If you're constantly wiping on a boss, which has a duration under 10m, USE THE FREE 10M VERSION!
    Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus isn't a raptor

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

He has a valid argument and it's not like he's complaining or anything.

Symbol of Kings is more of a hassle than it is an expense. I go through a lot as I'm usually in charge of kings for the raid, which means a lot. It's not about the cost, it's that sometimes I forget to buy more or stock up. I personally don't think Blizz should remove the requirement from the game, but his argument makes some good points.

- The Chad -

Its annoying, yes
    Is it worth wasting one of our "buff plx" tokens? no

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Listen, you're arguing about regeants. What do you expect us to say?
    Im not arguing.

Disagreeing with someone does not make it an argument.

I'm expecting people too give thier opinion on the matter and why they think we have regents, i just havnt seen a good reason yet.

You seem too see them as a noob check.. im sure thats not blizzards intention.