Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    You could do it this way

Code:
    function()
        local v = UnitPower("player")
        local p = UnitPowerMax("player")
        local id = UnitIsDead("player")
        if v >= 1e9 then
            return format("%.2fB", v / 1e9) .. " | " .. format("".2fB", p) -- 2.04B
        elseif v >= 1e6 then
            return format("%.2fM", v / 1e6) .. " | " .. format("%.2fM", p) -- 2.04M
        elseif v >= 1e3 then
            return format("%.0fk", v / 1e3) .. " | " .. format("%.0fk", p) -- 204k
         else
                return format("%d", v) .. " | " .. format("%d", p) -- 204
            end
        end
    end
    Not tested as when i wrote my own code for Power text i changed it to use abs rather than this way but should do it (as it worked for HP with Percent)

If it doesn't work i can edit it once i get home with the power code i have
    Thanks. I actually got it working by no longer being dumb and over complicating things haha.

All purely WA's, and they function(aside from being clickable) exactly as unit frames. If you look down in the bottom left hand corner of my minimap there is a grey square, which is actually a STUF player frame that I use for options within the unit frame menu. I have some alignment things to work out still(some of the text in the frames is ~1 unit off), and then have some other plans for this as well.

If anyone does happen to need the function for the way I handed MP and HP, I'll gladly share it. I'm sure people already know way more than I do though.

Looks clean, Is the artifact bar in the bottom right made in WA aswell or is that something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Looks clean, Is the artifact bar in the bottom right made in WA aswell or is that something else?
    That's Lyn's work. His has a rep and AP bar. The Rep bar is actually in that black space at the bottom of my minimap(an accidental oversight on my part when moving the map it squished all of that together), but since I don't track rep for any reason it actually works out pretty well. I have another WA in that space that I use when I have AP items in my back to use them. I only did a few minor tweaks to Lyn's map and moved it to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartcorgis View Post
    Awesome! Mind telling what font that is? :-)
    its Accidental Presidency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Things I'd change :

PlayerFrame :

- No nickame. You know what your name is.
    - No "110 Warrior Dwarf" eitherI did so both myself and the target look familiar, but i see your point
    - No role icon noted
    - Move your IgnorePain WA somewhere else where it's more visible. I need to change that, this is a beta version ;p
    - Get rid off the Ignore Pain buff bar Wa is going to replace it but good call
    - Maybe do a WA that goes with IP to show Shield Block buff is up and get rid off Shield Block's buff bar A combination is a briljant idea will work on that
    - Get rid off Nightmare Ichor buff bar I actually keep track of proccing trinkets to get a steady flow of defensive spells rolling out

Party frames :
    - I'd only show %HP. Not CurrentHP/MaxHP | %HP. That's too much for a tank. agree'd
    - No role iconagree'd
    - No Combat Iconagree'd
    - Thinner power bar (or even 0. Especially if it's not mana. Who cares about Focus/Energy/Maelstrom/...). If you want to keep Mana bar, make the blue less aggressive maybe.I actually do need to see that, (mana mostly) i will look into changing the color ;p
    - Maybe no Race in the Name. Maybe even no level. Just "Mage", "Hunter", "Rogue" ... Maybe even nothing since you got that colored by class. hmmm
    - No hunter's pet agree'd

Target Frame :
    - It's fine. DBM/BigWigs is overlapping with ToT's debuffs though. Don't get rid off them since it's useful to see what's the other tanks debuff when offtanking. Otherwise get rid off them and always /focus your co-tank ? ye, this was a mistake i made, fixed that last night ^^ this was the first trial run i did with the UI
    - Power bar : less aggressive coloring. It clashes with the rest + makes it way too important for that area of the screen. Yea ill look at the color

Boss frame :
    - Skin them yea 1 thing at a time :P but yes agre'd

Right chat:
    - Lock it so the borders/resize anchor disappear noted

Minimap skin, too ? default, might get a skin at some point
    Hide your side button bars when not mouseover'd too since it seems to be un-important buttons.agree'd
    I applaud you for your in depth review! ... no jokes !
    In case your interested, i replied in bold ^^
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Thanks. I actually got it working by no longer being dumb and over complicating things haha.

All purely WA's, and they function(aside from being clickable) exactly as unit frames. If you look down in the bottom left hand corner of my minimap there is a grey square, which is actually a STUF player frame that I use for options within the unit frame menu. I have some alignment things to work out still(some of the text in the frames is ~1 unit off), and then have some other plans for this as well.

If anyone does happen to need the function for the way I handed MP and HP, I'll gladly share it. I'm sure people already know way more than I do though.
    Do you mind share your complete ui? I love it!
    its so clean, it would fit perfectly for my arms UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    need it too ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    I can share portions of my UI(which in all honestly is mostly all WeakAuras), but I won't be packaging it or anything. Most of my UI is Lyn's work, and he has expressed he doesn't want his work shared through other compilations without his permission. That said, if you can find/download the older iteration of his UI, this is fairly simple to set up with some minor moving/tweak.

I can share portions of my UI(which in all honestly is mostly all WeakAuras), but I won't be packaging it or anything. Most of my UI is Lyn's work, and he has expressed he doesn't want his work shared through other compilations without his permission. That said, if you can find/download the older iteration of his UI, this is fairly simple to set up with some minor moving/tweak.
    Also very interested in an upload under the parameters you specified. That being said how "reliable" is a WA centered UI? By reliable I mean the likely-hood of WA crapping out mid-fight, mid-anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    Also very interested in an upload under the parameters you specified. That being said how "reliable" is a WA centered UI? By reliable I mean the likely-hood of WA crapping out mid-fight, mid-anything really.
    It depends on what the WA is doing and how well its coded. There have been UI's built around WA's (Look up KaitsUI and BirgUI) and it seems to work fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, this is what I've managed to come up with so far, although if I had the time, and especially if I had some way of getting a bit nicer graphics via kgPanels and Weak Auras (other than the default ones they come with) then I'd have some ideas of rebuilding it a bit. I like the idea of the cooldown reminder WAs near the HUD, but I'd make them a bit differently I think.

Grid is a bit of an annoyance, because as a healer I'd need it, but then I wouldn't want it in the middle of my screen. Would need some work, so that's where it is currently.

Here's an out of combat view:

And here's an in combat view:

Still having some weirdness with Tidy Plates at times. Also, using OPie for professions and travel, not shown there. Also not showing the focus/pet frames, which are to the left and right of my own frame.

The idea is to have as much of a "buttonless" UI as possible. The buttons visible there are the two bars that are left over so to speak. The stuff there is stuff that changes a lot (food, consumables, and so on) and stuff that doesn't need to be bound. Pretty much all the bound combat buttons are hidden. The Yin/Yang -thing there is for IP/FR, just something I mocked up pretty quick, and haven't gotten around to making something a bit better.
    I'm looking to dump elvui, and my last couple pieces to go are my minimap and chat. Diggin yours, which ones are they?

edit:
    Any tips/advice are appreciated
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-11-11 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Well, If WA's is what you wanna share, im fine with that =) If you want, you could PMthem or share them here.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    As likely as it would do normally I suppose.
    Though there is an additional problem when people try to make a WA interactable, as in click-able which is way beyond what the addon was meant to be doing.
    It should be purely informational.

WeakAuras should not be a solution to everything.
    Yet that is what too many people are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I'm looking to dump elvui, and my last couple pieces to go are my minimap and chat. Diggin yours, which ones are they?

edit:
    Any tips/advice are appreciated

I would give my soul for that ui.

Deleted
    whats the addon called on the bottom of WskyDK Screenshot ? would be nice if anyone can tell me

and sry cant link screenshot right now
    Last edited by mmoc88f80760b9; 2016-11-11 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senin View Post
    whats the addon called on the bottom of WskyDK Screenshot ? would be nice if anyone can tell me
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/xiv-databar

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As likely as it would do normally I suppose.
    Though there is an additional problem when people try to make a WA interactable, as in click-able which is way beyond what the addon was meant to be doing.
    It should be purely informational.

WeakAuras should not be a solution to everything.
    Yet that is what too many people are trying to do.
    Yes, and no. In my case with the Unit Frames and such, my intent was to never have them interact-able. As I've explained it a few posts back, I have a fairly simple/unobtrusive method of giving myself access to the UF menu options using STUF(even with WAs as my unit frames, I still use STUF for party frames, focus frames and boss frames). When it comes to DPS roles, outside of utility spells/items, you honestly do not need anything to be clickable. I do have things like action bars still(via BT4) which are hidden when OOC.

My WA's(please read the descriptions of each WA string, as they offer some instructions):

Havoc DH Buffs - https://wago.io/NJ1sy2Aef
    Havoc DH Cooldowns - https://wago.io/V1hwM2Cxf
    Havoc DH Fury Count - https://wago.io/E1HiX20lG
    Player UF - https://wago.io/EkkKB20gf
    Target UF - https://wago.io/V1NFD3AxM
    Simple Range Check - https://wago.io/Ny_qdnCxM

Those are the bulk of my WA strings.

Here is the UI as a whole: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8gro4abhv...uitUI.zip?dl=0

Note, all Lyn addon folders have been removed from the Interface folder. The following items will NOT be the same as those in my UI:
    -Minimap
    -Objective Tracker
    -Tooltips

You will either need to replace them with your own addons OR track down the old version of Lyn's UI and do some (light) LUA editing to get the same layout as mine.

Screenshots:

OOC-

Combat-

Config-

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I applaud you for your in depth review! ... no jokes !
    In case your interested, i replied in bold ^^
    No worries man, glad I could help Post the v2 when you have that ready
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Those are SexyMap and Prat 3.0.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/sexymap
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/prat-3-0

The borders around them are just default kgPanels in those screenshots.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-11 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Those are SexyMap and Prat 3.0.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/sexymap
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/prat-3-0

The borders around them are just default kgPanels in those screenshots.
    Thanks!

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't give credit to the addons/authors for my UI
    Weakauras in middle are from Wordup
    Frames are OuF_Simple
    Map, chat, buffs/debuffs in top right, and action bars are Elvui
    Damage meter is Details
    BigWigs for bossmods
    XiV Databar across the bottom
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.