Thread: Post Your UI

Is there a way to make the minimap not interact with scrolling (zooming in/out)?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkiy View Post
    Is there a way to make the minimap not interact with scrolling (zooming in/out)?
    I'm pretty sure you can configure that in the configurations of the game itself or the Keybinds

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    I'm fairly blind IRL so I need to keep my UI elements somewhat large. Going to work on cleaning up the clutter and making it purty cause purtyness > functionality amirite.
    As someone in a similar situation regarding eyesight, then I would advise starting on the textures.
    If you must have gradients, IMO have them rather more subtle.
    My preference would be for something completely flat, or near to it.

I don't have a personal example as I am still working very much on what I want, and how to display it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As someone in a similar situation regarding eyesight, then I would advise starting on the textures.
    If you must have gradients, IMO have them rather more subtle.
    My preference would be for something completely flat, or near to it.

I don't have a personal example as I am still working very much on what I want, and how to display it.
    Agreed, i'd suggest textures similar to Elvui norm for their flatness

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

7+ Year Old Account
    Inspired in part by CareBear's UI posted earlier this page, I wanted to try my hand at something more minimalist. I'm unsure of how good a job I did, so I would like advice. Which UI seems better: the normal one, or this new minimalist one?

Normal:

Minimalist:

Minimalist (In Combat):

The normal one looks essentially the same in combat. The minimalist one has more visibility conditions.
    Last edited by blackmun; 2017-01-04 at 09:43 PM.

I would describe minimalist as the reduction of duplicated information.
    And removal or less visibility of that you aren't making decisions from.
    Combat text, fps/latency, amount of gold you have, memory usage, etc.
    Those can be hugely reduced in quantity or visibility, if they are even necessary at all.

We can more objectively say whether something is more minimalist or not rather than "better" in such a vague way.

Your combat text is I feel excessive maybe, but otherwise very much in the right direction for minimal.
    Avoiding much of that I feel is "default" in many UI's unnecessarily.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-04 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you're correct about the combat text. I removed the top section for notifications; I almost never look at that section, and it generally displays information that is reflected better elsewhere. I also changed a few visibility settings around such that, when you're not in combat or targeting anything, the minimap and chat are virtually the only things on screen:

EDIT: I also wasn't a huge fan of the action bar stylization, so I downloaded the ElvUIEsque Masque theme, and I like it a lot better:

Last edited by blackmun; 2017-01-05 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    imgur.com/a/9Rpce

Hey all. I would like some tips on how to make my UI less cluttered. Specifically in the middle of my screen. Any suggestions? Would like to not add any other addons since my pc is pretty much on the brink of having a nervous meltdown already.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffen View Post
    imgur.com/a/9Rpce

Hey all. I would like some tips on how to make my UI less cluttered. Specifically in the middle of my screen. Any suggestions? Would like to not add any other addons since my pc is pretty much on the brink of having a nervous meltdown already.
    Well, I would say you can move your center block (player/target/CDs) down a bit to give yourself some more room. You could also, reduce the size of your (i think) vuhdo to give yourself some extra room.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviel Menter View Post
    I think you're correct about the combat text. I removed the top section for notifications; I almost never look at that section, and it generally displays information that is reflected better elsewhere. I also changed a few visibility settings around such that, when you're not in combat or targeting anything, the minimap and chat are virtually the only things on screen:

[img]i.imgur.com/9sirjWIl.jpg[/img]

EDIT: I also wasn't a huge fan of the action bar stylization, so I downloaded the ElvUIEsque Masque theme, and I like it a lot better:

[img]i.imgur.com/rHbKn9Ql.jpg[/img]
    looks very beautiful for me dude. is that a Complete Set or can you tell me which addons u used?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am glad you liked it! You can see a full list of all the addons I am using (or, at least, all the folders in my AddOns folder) here.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Work in progress:

I'm fairly blind IRL so I need to keep my UI elements somewhat large. Going to work on cleaning up the clutter and making it purty cause purtyness > functionality amirite.
    Always like to hear stories like yours mate less abled players that can still perform great in this game. Also, I'm not blind but I too like my icons big, never understood why people like to play with their UI ridiculously small that you can't hardly read anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Seeing a UI like this makes me feel like mine is cluttered and I need to remove more. Which gives me an idea..

EDIT:

Quick mess around to see what happens, uses only nameplates and they only show in combat. Also makes for fun playing with the actioncam.
    idle:

combat/party:
    Can you share your addon folder ? Would LOVE that UI.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    Can you share your addon folder ? Would LOVE that UI.
    I second this!

Deleted
    This is my UI I use for tanking, works well. Also keeps your eyes on the middle-ish area of the screen, so you don't miss anything.
    In combat:

Outside of combat:

Out questing:

Explanations:

Pastebin to import the UI: http://pastebin.com/4ddu2kY7
    Last edited by mmoc203ab350e7; 2017-01-23 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Everything:
    i. imgur. com/ SFWyGit.jpg
    Raid:
    i. imgur. com/ Yrbrt6O.jpg
    Solo:
    i. imgur. com/ jKZcO1I.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJalapeno View Post
    Everything:

Raid:

Solo:
    Fixed the links for you
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by giraffen View Post
    imgur.com/a/9Rpce

second moving the player/target/cds down a bit, you're wasting a decent amount of space underneath it. And those VD boxes are so large >_< is there a particular reason they're monstrously large? 5 rows of my VD would fit within your top 3 alone. Also consider that the smaller they are, the less you're required to move to change who you're healing

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Some work in progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Some work in progress:

Looks awesome, White bar on left is your hp? yellow on right is target?
    What are the 5 bars in the middle? dot trackers?