Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Bigabyte View Post
    Cheers, this is my new UI:

You can find more screenshots, additional info and the UI files at https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...ekUI.html#info.

Hope you like it. Any feedback is welcome
    (deleted the screenshot in the quoted message to not clutter the page)

Thanks for sharing your UI! As other i was looking for a clean UI for the next expansion and yours looks great.

I made a few tweaks like changed the fonts on some places, the main action bar able to swap when shapeshifting, added the XP bar at bottom for the leveling time (removed when max level) and other minor things. The minimap is where i'm having trouble now but i figure how to fix it at some point.

Thanks again for share it!

Hey Teekey.

Apologies I'm not allowed to PM yet, but is it possible for you to upload your entire addons folders? It looks amazing what you created.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekyler View Post
    (deleted the screenshot in the quoted message to not clutter the page)

Thanks for sharing your UI! As other i was looking for a clean UI for the next expansion and yours looks great.

I made a few tweaks like changed the fonts on some places, the main action bar able to swap when shapeshifting, added the XP bar at bottom for the leveling time (removed when max level) and other minor things. The minimap is where i'm having trouble now but i figure how to fix it at some point.

Thanks again for share it!
    Glad you like it and you've menaged to tailor it to your needs! What are you trying to achieve with the minimap? Are you using SexyMap and the global profile? Or are you using the ElvUI module?

Messing around with my UI some more. I managed to basically completely replicate my Plater functionality in ElvUI with an "all-in-one" custom coded tag. It essentially does all the name coloring, threat coloring (based on spec), and targeting designation. Only have to use Style Filters for adjusting Alpha levels. Best part is I can use my preferred [Brackets] to designate my target (it's not a usable character if you insert it into ElvUI's normal text input).

I'm hot trash at coding, but it works. Open to any suggestions to make it better! Here's the code for it:

Code:
    function(unit, target, player)
        local _, threat = UnitDetailedThreatSituation('player', unit);
        local _, focus = UnitDetailedThreatSituation('focus', unit);
        local isTank = UnitGroupRolesAssigned('player') == "TANK";
        local isDPS = UnitGroupRolesAssigned('player') == "DAMAGER";
        local isHealer = UnitGroupRolesAssigned('player') == "HEALER";
        local isNone = UnitGroupRolesAssigned('player') == "NONE";
        local unitName = _TAGS['name'](unit);
        local unitNameTarget = '['.._TAGS['name'](unit)..']';
        local nameColor = _TAGS['namecolor'](unit);
        local perHp = '||cFFFFFFFF '.._TAGS['perhp'](unit);
        local isTarget = UnitIsUnit('playertarget', unit);
        local isUnitCombat = UnitAffectingCombat(unit);
        local isPlayerCombat = UnitAffectingCombat('player');
        local isTapped = UnitIsTapDenied(unit);
        --
        local tankColor = {
            [0] = "||cFFfe2d2d", --Bad Threat Color
            [1] = "||cFFff8132", --Transition Color
            [2] = "||cFFff8132", --Transition Color
            [3] = "||cFF32b400", --Good Color
            [4] = "||cFFbb32ff" --Offtank
        }
        local dpsColor = {
            [0] = "||cFF32b400", --Bad Threat Color
            [1] = "||cFFff8132", --Transition Color
            [2] = "||cFFff8132", --Transition Color
            [3] = "||cFFfe2d2d" --Good Color
        }
        local tappedColor = "||cFF999999"; --Tapped Color
        --
        if (isTarget and isTapped) then
            return tappedColor..unitNameTarget..perHp;
        elseif isTapped then
            return tappedColor..unitName..perHp;
        elseif (isTarget and isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isTank and focus == 3) then
            return tankColor[4]..unitNameTarget..perHp;
        elseif (isTarget and isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isTank) then
            return tankColor[threat]..unitNameTarget..perHp;
        elseif (isTarget and isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat) and (isDPS or isHealer) then
            return dpsColor[threat]..unitNameTarget..perHp;
        elseif (isTarget and isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isNone) then
            return tankColor[threat]..unitNameTarget..perHp;
        elseif (isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isTank and focus == 3) then
            return tankColor[4]..unitName..perHp;
        elseif (isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isTank) then
            return tankColor[threat]..unitName..perHp;
        elseif (isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat) and (isDPS or isHealer) then
            return dpsColor[threat]..unitName..perHp;
        elseif (isUnitCombat and isPlayerCombat and isNone) then
            return tankColor[threat]..unitName..perHp;
        elseif isTarget then
            return nameColor..'['..unitName..']'..perHp;
        else
            return nameColor .. unitName .. perHp;
        end
    end

Also, felt really inspired by Duke's UI. Currently trying out his HP bar as an action bar background. If ElvUI didn't absolutely require having an HP bar, I'd probably get rid of it altogether and just stick to text. However, I think Duke's innovation finds a way to make the HP bars minimal and still very functional.

Not 100% sure I'll stick with it. Going to keep testing and see how I feel about it, but it seems pretty neat so far.

HP Bar:

Cast Bar:

Full UI:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levog View Post
    Hey Teekey.

Apologies I'm not allowed to PM yet, but is it possible for you to upload your entire addons folders? It looks amazing what you created.
    This weekend I made an addon for the Media (fonts/status bars) that I use, which will allow others to use them easily as well. I may start working on a solution to package the rest of my UI, but I have some polishing to do first though.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2020-10-13 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Messing around with my UI
    Gosh dangit.. what a good idea, its a great way to layer information in a singular area. Great idea man

Quote Originally Posted by Bigabyte View Post
    Glad you like it and you've menaged to tailor it to your needs! What are you trying to achieve with the minimap? Are you using SexyMap and the global profile? Or are you using the ElvUI module?
    The problem was SexyMap and the minimap in ElvUI were both enabled. Just turned off the ElvUI and fixed the double clock and other options. Now the UI is a little bit messy because 9.0, but in a few days when everything will be up to date will be working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekyler View Post
    The problem was SexyMap and the minimap in ElvUI were both enabled. Just turned off the ElvUI and fixed the double clock and other options. Now the UI is a little bit messy because 9.0, but in a few days when everything will be up to date will be working as intended
    I hope so... One thing that's bugging me is that with the new ElvUI update unitframes and auras border are a bit messed up and I'm not sure if it's a bug that's gonna get fixed or a new "feature".

I'll release a new version on WoWInterface as soon as everything is up to date

Im using Preach's Shadowlands UI, which is his elvui profile + weakauras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Not completely done but working on this atm.

Youtube vid: (short)
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZjCzeNjvrfo
    Hi Shade,

would it be possible to get your UI? The more I look at it, the more I want it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyzula View Post
    Hi Shade,

would it be possible to get your UI? The more I look at it, the more I want it :P
    Sign me up, that looks amazing.

Rebuild for 9.0 which took most of my day but most of it is done now, a few small issues to iron out here and there.

Full version:
    https://i.ibb.co/r2j6rCb/WoW9-0.jpg

Might not look like much change, but I've made significant progress in packaging my UI as a better all-in-one edit. With my own addon I'm able to load my custom ElvUI tags instead of depending on the outdated Custom Tags addon. Additionally, all the media I use (fonts, statusbars) is loaded through my addon instead of requiring another addon to do it.

I was able to move away from the HeyBarbaruiva Masque skin (which was outdated and required file edits to get working in the first place) and create my own Masque skin of rectangle buttons. Benefit is that there is better highlighting with mouseover and button press, and way more configurable.

My biggest concern in having such small bars for player, target, and focus would be trying to right click on them. Ended up making WeakAura that covers the large HP text for more easy clicking:

Overall pretty happy with it so far. My next big goal is to create my own ElvUI installer which will make sharing much more feasible.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2020-10-17 at 06:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might not look like much change, but I've made significant progress in packaging my UI as a better all-in-one edit. With my own addon I'm able to load my custom ElvUI tags instead of depending on the outdated Custom Tags addon. Additionally, all the media I use (fonts, statusbars) is loaded through my addon instead of requiring another addon to do it.

I was able to move away from the HeyBarbaruiva Masque skin (which was outdated and required file edits to get working in the first place) and create my own Masque skin of rectangle buttons. Benefit is that there is better highlighting with mouseover and button press, and way more configurable.

My biggest concern in having such small bars for player, target, and focus would be trying to right click on them. Ended up making WeakAura that covers the large HP text for more easy clicking:

Overall pretty happy with it so far. My next big goal is to create my own ElvUI installer which will make sharing much more feasible.
    Looking forward to seeing this shared, looks great

so looking orward to this, hopefully it won't take much more time, i'd use it without an installer was just getting ready with your UI and SL crashed it :/ Can't write a pm though

https:// imgur .com/ a/ z3ry6uP

Someone did something like this and I'm working on going a bit more with it. I'm swapping the center diamond to player health though and maybe throwing <> on both sides for target and target's target.

Edit: still can't post images.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post

Someone did something like this and I'm working on going a bit more with it. I'm swapping the center diamond to player health though and maybe throwing <> on both sides for target and target's target.

Here you go
    Last edited by Cheyzula; 2020-10-18 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ausmara View Post

This looks great. I know how hard it is to get good crisp lines with triangles/diamonds, but those look perfect.

I need to fix it, the arrow on the right actually has two more black arrows behind it to create a border. My UI scale was off and I just updated it. And I'm going to change what each piece tracks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some amazing work here! The past couple of expansions I've been using Lybrial UI v2 until it broke with pre patch, now using AltzUI. I'm too dumb dumb to make my own UI.

Any chance a brotha...*licks lips*...can get a copy of that said skin? *raises eyes brows*