Thread: Post Your UI

I recorded a random m+ just to show the UI in action - i am not that good of a player XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I have to ask - why do you put the map lower center, lower left/right or near the keybinds(many of the posters have it like that)?

Are you that depended on the map, do you need the eye coordination of where you are - what is the purpose? I feel like it serves no purpose.
    Answering just because i do the same. I find it extremely convenient for farming - i'm really used to watch that section of the sceen and at a glance i cam see nodes, quest zones etc
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I recorded a random m+ just to show the UI in action - i am not that good of a player XD

- - - Updated - - -

Answering just because i do the same. I find it extremely convenient for farming - i'm really used to watch that section of the sceen and at a glance i cam see nodes, quest zones etc
    Assuming you making a pack for the community - I would like to give feedback:

Providing the feedback all the top tier raid leaders mentions(Maximum etc.) - important stuff is centered - which is good, but -
    there is too big gap between center icons and lower. This impacts performance. Bigger icons for better CD management/few bars up. You are obviously playing on muscle memory - not good for general use.

Expect that not everyone is exclusively farming nodes? Maybe a map that fades out during combat?

I really like those party frames and the position - are they custom made?
    Great icon border/font choice - there is a theme going on here. I believe this would have potential if you could ace the 32bit theme, but you must make a clear distinction - minimalistic or PvE.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-20 at 08:54 PM.

This is what I ended up with.

Providing the feedback all the top tier raid leaders mentions(Maximum etc.) - important stuff is centered - which is good, but -
    there is too big gap between center icons and lower. This impacts performance. Bigger icons for better CD management/few bars up. You are obviously playing on muscle memory - not good for general use.

Expect that not everyone is exclusively farming nodes? Maybe a map that fades out during combat?

I really like those party frames and the position - are they custom made?
    Great icon border/font choice - there is a theme going on here. I believe this would have potential if you could ace the 32bit theme, but you must make a clear distinction - minimalistic or PvE.
    I'm not making a pack for anyone. I really dislike big flashy icons and everything else you listed basically - all i need is there and i'm not a top notch player anyway. I'm pretty mich used to small stuff on the screen, bars are down there but i don'watch them at all.

Everything younsee is custom addons. No weakauras, no elv, nothing. Excluding details and dbm.

I could make the minimap fade during combat, but as i said i don't watch the lower part of the screen until as you said i'm farming nodes.

EDIT: this is not to discredit your feedback which is for the most part just facts. You're right in most of the things you said, just i prefer ti stick to my style which was for DF to make a mostly minimal UI that would fit with the new UI Blizzard designed in terma of style and resources. Pixel font for example is just because i am way more comfortable reading it even that small compared to standard shadowed ones that look just blurry to me.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-12-21 at 07:11 AM.

Seeing what high end raiders use im glad im not that depandant on addons like they are. I can do just fine with only DBM and aslong as i see my spells cd/range im fine.

Also my map is where it is since i have a 34" UW screen with 3440x1440 resolution, and im a miner so its easier to see instead of stock position.
    Last edited by mikkis2k; 2022-12-21 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm not making a pack for anyone. I really dislike big flashy icons and everything else you listed basically - all i need is there and i'm not a top notch player anyway. I'm pretty mich used to small stuff on the screen, bars are down there but i don'watch them at all.

Everything younsee is custom addons. No weakauras, no elv, nothing. Excluding details and dbm.

I could make the minimap fade during combat, but as i said i don't watch the lower part of the screen until as you said i'm farming nodes.

EDIT: this is not to discredit your feedback which is for the most part just facts. You're right in most of the things you said, just i prefer ti stick to my style which was for DF to make a mostly minimal UI that would fit with the new UI Blizzard designed in terma of style and resources. Pixel font for example is just because i am way more comfortable reading it even that small compared to standard shadowed ones that look just blurry to me.
    I was secretly hoping, that you would release a theme more suitable in PvE setting(while keeping it tight and classy, like what you have going on here)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nallebjoern View Post
    This is what I ended up with.

Very good - the layout/positioning is versatile for high level PVE. I want to have something similar but without ELV and more classic.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-21 at 08:32 PM.

I was secretly hoping, that you would release a theme more suitable in PvE setting(while keeping it tight and classy, like what you have going on here)
    I think there's still my ColdUI on WoWinterface from a long time ago. Point is, since it's all custom and there are literally zero options in game and everything is dealt directly into the addon files it's not very user friendly and it's really customized for my needs/likes.

I can zip all the addon files and share them no problem. Just don't expect "support" if you like to dabble into lua.

PS with the exceptions of unitframes which are don with oUF, everything else is standard blizzard stuff so you can move things and manage them with the integrated edit mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Very good - the layout/positioning is versatile for high level PVE. I want to have something similar but without ELV and more classic.
    That shouldnt be too hard to do yourself tbh. You will have to get some proper weakauras, other than that just move the frames to the middle of the screen and you done ;P

Elv is just för the infobars, colors and the ability to embed stuff and change fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Well i said i would use default ui this exps.. and i sure am!

this year i upgraded to a 34" UW screen and enjoying the game in a whole new way
    What is that todo / countdown / tracker stuff you got in the upper left corner?

Love your UI btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nexxen View Post
    What is that todo / countdown / tracker stuff you got in the upper left corner?
    Something like this (--if not this), probably.

https://wago.io/TamasDragonflightHelper
    I think everybody's nuts.

Here's an updated UI for my super ultrawide. I moved everything to the center of the screen more. This way I don't have my map all the way in right field. I play at 5120x1440 and just wanted the important stuff in the middle toward the bottom.

Last edited by amarrite; 2023-01-07 at 05:26 AM.

I'm getting there! Kinda feel that this is complete now. Would love to be able to set different fadetimers for different chat frames though as I would like to have a chatframe above my "general chat" with loot that fades after 5 seconds. While still having 20 seconds fade on the mainchat.

EDIT: Dont laugh at our extremely diverse group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zoomed shot of my healer UI in progress. Very Atrocity/Naowh inspired for functionality with a bit of me thrown in there.

Also changed my name - wuuuuut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquKESJse6w

Quote Originally Posted by iPrismatic View Post
    Zoomed shot of my healer UI in progress. Very Atrocity/Naowh inspired for functionality with a bit of me thrown in there.

Also changed my name - wuuuuut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquKESJse6w
    Love the cast bar!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    Love the cast bar!
    That's your take away? I almost fell down my my chair when I finished the Dragonriding UI. Haha. Thanks, friend. :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by iPrismatic View Post
    That's your take away? I almost fell down my my chair when I finished the Dragonriding UI. Haha. Thanks, friend. :-)))
    I'll be honest, I viewed it pretty late in the evening after some drinks. It seems rather "standard" as far as the Atrocity/Naowh (tangent: I don't know why they get so much credit for a center-focused UI, I supposed because of Twitch views, many of us were using that for a decade or more) clones go. The Dragonriding WeakAura is very clean too, and I'd rather use it than the current one I am using.

I think I liked your DH one a little more, but for all the creativity that WeakAuras can enable for UI creation, I don't think anything will beat the functionality of just having the Icons in a standard location, so your eyes can get used to them. I think your work is fantastic and I make sure that I download your WeakAura packages to try to learn some new things.

I like the blank background for the cooldowns as well, that's pretty nice!

P.S. - You're going to have to update your avatar!
    Last edited by NERDZILLA; 2023-01-15 at 06:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    I'll be honest, I viewed it pretty late in the evening after some drinks. It seems rather "standard" as far as the Atrocity/Naowh (tangent: I don't know why they get so much credit for a center-focused UI, I supposed because of Twitch views, many of us were using that for a decade or more) clones go. The Dragonriding WeakAura is very clean too, and I'd rather use it than the current one I am using.

I think I liked your DH one a little more, but for all the creativity that WeakAuras can enable for UI creation, I don't think anything will beat the functionality of just having the Icons in a standard location, so your eyes can get used to them. I think your work is fantastic and I make sure that I download your WeakAura packages to try to learn some new things.

I like the blank background for the cooldowns as well, that's pretty nice!

P.S. - You're going to have to update your avatar!
    Tanking UI. How do you reinvent that? I mean with dynamic island i tried to make something not before seen, but it wasn't as functional as I'd like it to be. This one or the DH one is functional but looks like everything else. How do you make something in between?

Is it considered rude to show you UI for advice but dont wanna share it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    Is it considered rude to show you UI for advice but dont wanna share it ?
    I wouldn't count it as rude as not every UI is as modulable as the ones you can make using basic UI or advanced addons

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Hello there! I’m a long time player and long time reader but just beginning to post here. I’ve always loved playing with my UI, but like very minimal designs as I’m not a PvPer or high end raider or anything. But with Dragonflight and it’s new UI, I’ve got that itch again.

I’m seeing all these awesome UIs and wondering where I can start my journey! I can’t exactly comb through 1300 pages right at this moment, but does anyone have some basic addons or UI mods that could help me get started again?

I currently use CurseForge to download all my addons, and I use very few of them, so I’m wide open for suggestions. Thank you!

My current set up is a default UI for all my characters, all classes the same. I’d like to find some things that help me customize the design depending on my alt or class, and maybe some simple QOL improvements.