Thread: Post Your UI

Ding ding we have a winner

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing special, it's a little messy but it's functional. Every add-on I have has been configured by me. Sometimes I wish I just got a pre-made one like ElvUI, looks cleaner with a lot less work. It started as just Bartender 4 and Recount about 2 years ago and I've just added to it as I've been playing.

And can anyone explain why the screenshots look so bad? You can see weird lines, almost like artifacting, in the hp bars and the colours look really dark.

Last edited by Ineko; 2013-12-30 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Nothing special, it's a little messy but it's functional. Every add-on I have has been configured by me. Sometimes I wish I just got a pre-made one like ElvUI, looks cleaner with a lot less work. It started as just Bartender 4 and Recount about 2 years ago and I've just added to it as I've been playing.

And can anyone explain why the screenshots look so bad? You can see weird lines, almost like artifacting, in the hp bars and the colours look really dark.
    The one change I'd make that would improve your performance would be to move your runes to the centre of the screen, and reconfigure them a bit like removing the text that says "Blood/Frost/Unholy/Death" etc, that's not needed. The screenshot lost quality because it was saved as a jpg and uploaded to the interwebs, so it's been compressed a ton. If you want a higher quality screenshot, save and upload the image as a png.

I think part of the problem is trying to fit too much stuff into it, the insistence of having a place for everything.
    Some stuff could very easily be on mouseover only, so that it would be hidden or very low visibility the rest of the time.
    The Micromenu (character, spellbook, achievements, etc) being such an example.
    Assuming that the buttons to the right are all something you click manually and out of combat, then maybe consider a similar approach to the Micromenu, or even Opie @ Curse.

"Less is More".
    Less stuff is more visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pulled out some models using model viewer, but I have no clue where to even begin with making some nice auras. I know how to make them, just don't know where to start if that makes sense.

Why is something so important as your runes at the farthest on the right they can possibly be?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still to this day use Kait's Eclipse WA. I've gotten so use to playing with it, and it tracking my dots/SS/NG as well as being a very visual balance bar, that I don't believe I could even play without it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a WIP. Still not happy with it. I want to maybe move action bar grouping. Change my minimap add-on. Sort out nameplate properly. LFG role icons changing (is it possible to change what they look like?) and positioning.

Oh and excuse my guild chat.

http://f.cl.ly/items/2E3A1B1n1m1E2h0...13_163919.jpeg
    Last edited by iuris; 2013-12-30 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlekin View Post
    I still to this day use Kait's Eclipse WA. I've gotten so use to playing with it, and it tracking my dots/SS/NG as well as being a very visual balance bar, that I don't believe I could even play without it.
    Reminded me that a guildie baked in some of Kait's Eclipse's awesomeness with EVN's old priest UI and I love the result so here's a screenie!
    edit - credits to Boomzin, Kait and Touchy

Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2013-12-30 at 06:04 PM.

Touchy's UI is the only thing that has ever made me want to raid 10 man :|

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Reminded me that a guildie baked in some of Kait's Eclipse's awesomeness with EVN's old priest UI and I love the result so here's a screenie!
    edit - credits to Boomzin, Kait and Touchy

Where can i get that awesome piece of art?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    Why is something so important as your runes at the farthest on the right they can possibly be?
    I've shrunk them down and moved them to the middle multiple times, I've always ended up moving them back. Just personal preference I suppose. On the odd ocassion I actually need to looked at them I don't have to look at them directly because they're so large. I can just glance at the colours out of my peripheral vision and know what's going on.

just started messing around with Elvui. not my dream ui, but it does provide a clean look. its hard to find the perfect minimalist ui balance in a game that's built on ornate details, but some do make a great attempt! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsisacutie View Post
    just started messing around with Elvui. not my dream ui, but it does provide a clean look. its hard to find the perfect minimalist ui balance in a game that's built on ornate details, but some do make a great attempt! ^^
    Consistent maybe, but I still think a lot of UI's including ElvUI do display stuff you don't really need to know.
    I am working myself on reducing redundant, or plain unnecessary stuff.
    Even things like the pretty standard, but actually useless FPS display I am getting rid of.

That is more what I call minimalist.
    Only stuff you really need to worry about frequently is visible at all times.
    Rest is only visible at more select times/on-demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I accidentally linked the UI that I give to other people, doesn't have every thing skinned.
    This is the one:

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    These UIs. I just have no clue where to even begin design wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    These UIs. I just have no clue where to even begin design wise.
    Begin with either unitframes, actionbars or (if you're like me) a class-specific addon/setup you "need", and work from there. It's a quite long process and you will rarely be completely done when you are making your own UI due to new addons or new patches that make current addons obsolete, or just plain fiddling with current settings

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hard to do that when you need a UI that works for raiding most of the nights lol. I've still yet to find a 100% way of seperating different UIs, bindings, etc from each other. Even with binds saved locally or server side, etc every time I swap folders and go to a testing ui setup something gets changed when going back to the actual raiding ui setup for raid night. So it's kinda turned me off on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Kinda hard to do that when you need a UI that works for raiding most of the nights lol. I've still yet to find a 100% way of seperating different UIs, bindings, etc from each other. Even with binds saved locally or server side, etc every time I swap folders and go to a testing ui setup something gets changed when going back to the actual raiding ui setup for raid night. So it's kinda turned me off on it.
    I am raiding in a 10m HC guild and I am doing raidleading, but I still built my UI around the center piece which in my case was my CDs and my Focus bar, and from there on I went on with unitframs, keeping them placed in such a way I can see the target (name/ specific target(Portraits helps me immensely with that)) and and my own HP visible, from there I went with removing the visible bars since I had all the information I needed about CDs and what'nots through weakauras.
    After that it's mostly finding addons that help when raidleading but most addons won't save you since you still need to watch your screen.

And this is roughly how it looks right now, with raidframes over chat

If I were a tank as Main character I'd make my HP bar and how healing interacts with it the main focus, with defensive cooldowns in close proximity, and then work my way from there, such as having the "soon to happen" BigWigs/DBM bars just above/below player-untiframe, and maybe something with focus for the OT with debuff stacks and taunting stuff. Just brainstorming here by my self

But you get the "idea" I suppose, start with your MAIN GOAL of your character/role and work from there.

Deleted
    http://minus.com/i/Qn9UNZ31Ylkv
    There is pic of my UI currently in "raid" and weakauras. (btw i really need new monitor.. Bigger)