Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Still a work in progress, almost got the unit frames how I like them, still working on getting warlock power bars working properly.

cl.ly/image/3F1y0b0C0x0H (still can't link yet!)

Off topic: I have to resize my screenshots after taking them on my MacBook on an external monitor because WoW seems to take them at double the resolution, is this because of it being a retina MacBook?

Things still to do:
    • Target Buff/Debuff type/purgable/stealable colouring
    • HP Tags
    • TargetTarget/Pet Tags
    • Buff/Debuff/Temp Enchant Styling
    • Minimap
    • Action Bars
    • Chat

I'm using zork's rChat for my chat, I'm trying to get the font similar to the font of my unit frames text, however when I use the same font, fontsize and fontoutline, the outline looks stupid compared to the outline of my unit frame text. Anyone have any ideas how to fix or tweak it so it becomes the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rippie View Post
    Still a work in progress, almost got the unit frames how I like them, still working on getting warlock power bars working properly.

http://f.cl.ly/items/2c0V2O2H2J0o0w0...814_231325.png
    fix'd

10+ Year Old Account

Off topic: I have to resize my screenshots after taking them on my MacBook on an external monitor because WoW seems to take them at double the resolution, is this because of it being a retina MacBook?

Things still to do:
    • HP Tags
    • TargetTarget/Pet Tags
    • Minimap
    • Action Bars
    • Chat

I'm using zork's rChat for my chat, I'm trying to get the font similar to the font of my unit frames text, however when I use the same font, fontsize and fontoutline, the outline looks stupid compared to the outline of my unit frame text. Anyone have any ideas how to fix or tweak it so it becomes the same?
    The font thing is probably because your chat font has a shadow on it and your unitframes don't. Since it's rChat I imagine that would be somewhere in the lua, just CTRL-F for shadow and set the shadow alpha to 0 or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    The font thing is probably because your chat font has a shadow on it and your unitframes don't. Since it's rChat I imagine that would be somewhere in the lua, just CTRL-F for shadow and set the shadow alpha to 0 or something.
    I tested it before without the shadow, commented those lines out, thats when it looked weird, so I reverted to the shadow+no outline.

Deleted

Things still to do:
    • HP Tags
    • TargetTarget/Pet Tags
    • Minimap
    • Action Bars
    • Chat

Yup, the resolution thing is because of the rMBP, same thing happens to me as well.

Deleted
    I tested it before without the shadow, commented those lines out, thats when it looked weird, so I reverted to the shadow+no outline.
    Commenting it out doesn't remove the shadow, does it? I thought the shadow was default. The better way of doing it would be to change the alpha to 0, or the offset to 0, no?

Here's what I have in my own addon to get rid of shadows, one of the two last lines are irrelevant really. I just use a regular 'OUTLINE' flag.
    Code:
    --[[
    	Apply font settings
    --]]
    for i = 1, 10 do
    	local cf = _G[format("%s%d", "ChatFrame", i)]
    	cf:SetFont(font, size, style)
    	cf:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    	cf:SetShadowColor(0,0,0,0)
    end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Commenting it out doesn't remove the shadow, does it? I thought the shadow was default. The better way of doing it would be to change the alpha to 0, or the offset to 0, no?

Here's what I have in my own addon to get rid of shadows, one of the two last lines are irrelevant really. I just use a regular 'OUTLINE' flag.
    Code:
    --[[
    	Apply font settings
    --]]
    for i = 1, 10 do
    	local cf = _G[format("%s%d", "ChatFrame", i)]
    	cf:SetFont(font, size, style)
    	cf:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    	cf:SetShadowColor(0,0,0,0)
    end
    Update: Set the shadow alpha to 0, and that solved the issue perfectly, thanks for pointing that out!
    Last edited by mmocdcefebf9bb; 2014-01-29 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Worked!

Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by bertil View Post
    Work in progress
    Very cool. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bertil View Post
    Work in progress
    Why, with such a minimal UI, do you insist of watching every hit/tick of damage? Isn't that just a distraction?

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Why, with such a minimal UI, do you insist of watching every hit/tick of damage? Isn't that just a distraction?
    Perhaps the WIP includes trimming down the combat text to that which is more useful.
    Personally I think the vast majority of most combat texts people use could be cut out without the loss of anything important.
    There is little need to see the damage or healing most abilities do, little need to see the damage pets do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have my combat text only showing damage taken and crits. Though I could take out the crits tbh and just leave the damage taken part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Perhaps the WIP includes trimming down the combat text to that which is more useful.
    Personally I think the vast majority of most combat texts people use could be cut out without the loss of anything important.
    There is little need to see the damage or healing most abilities do, little need to see the damage pets do.
    Currently, I only enable misses and immunities just so that I don't miss when a mob can't be damaged. I don't think anything else is important in-combat information (that is to say, something that will affect your decision-making during the fight).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

What I'm currently using xCT+ for:
    Procs, Interrupts, Dispels, Spellsteals, Low Mana/Health, Immunes/Misses, RaidWarnings(via TenOut) and Quest Updates(via ErrorMonster). I couldn't give a toss about individual damage hits in combat. They're flashy but ultimately useless.

Criticism and evaluation wanted please.

New UI for tanking:

Link for higher quality - http://imageshack.com/a/img703/484/r2yo.jpg

Hidden AddOns inc. BigWigs, Ora3, MSBT (incoming damage only) & Skada/Omen

Only thing I hate about this UI is the stack size of debuffs on the target frame (weakened armor) but I see only an .lua fix for this of which I don't possess the know-how. Everything else suits me perfectly and gives me enough information needed to tank to the best of my abilitiy.
    Last edited by Daniie; 2014-01-31 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Disclaimer - Since ImageShack got its new layout when I upload screenshots the full size image is still really small unlike the past, not sure how to change this.
    use imgur

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    use imgur
    I fixed the issue but yes imgur is probably a better option.

Deleted
    New UI ive been working on for Balance
    Sorry can't post links yet so:

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-02-01 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Criticism and evaluation wanted please.
    The cooldown swirl on your actionbars extends out of your actual actionbar. The only addon that comes to mind that even has an option to change that is zork's bar addon. Can't remember if it was rActionBarStyler or rActionButtonStyler. The setting was under cooldown offset or something. Your unitframes are a little big for my tastes, especially on such a small resolution. Other than that I think it's pretty damn clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Narazi View Post
    New UI ive been working on for Balance
    The first thing that pops out at me straight away is the buff tracker that is literally dead centre of your screen. I'd move it off to the side a bit or further down near your grid or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Very cool. I like it a lot.
    Thanks!

I have no clue how to quote several people at once so I'll just reply to todenflesk this way..
    I've rarely thought about it being unnecessary spam so I wouldn't call it a distraction. Sure is clutter and kind of ugly though so thank you for pointing it out!
    I don't quite agree with the rest of you though who remove it altogether. It's part of the gameplay to see the amount of damage you do - and essential if you're leveling a new character to know which rotation to pick!

Slightly updated video if anyone's interested.