Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    While I've been playing with everything keybound for multiple years I really don't think it would take more than a month or so to learn it yourself. Try adding a new keybinding every other day and soon enough you'll have it all in your muscle memory!

For fun I decided to make an Alliance-themed UI for my warrior. Thought I'd share it with you guys before I decide to scrap it.

Can you stop being brilliant ? Anyways, that is really good man, almost like it is something Blizzard would actually put in game - i love it as minimal but gives me what i need, and seems to just breathe PVP.

Dont care going to steal for my personal use
    Last edited by xdunpealx; 2014-10-02 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Much text, many snips, wow.
    Oh yea I think they meant just the spell name- living without a cast bar altogether seems preeeetty crazy for most of us I think xD Agree'd with all your points though. As a healer you really start to lose track how many people you could've saved.

Although this makes me curious if it's possible to play effectively without a cast bar by just replacing it with a number on time remaining on cast? Can even it step it up and just change the colour based on interruptable VS. non-int (VS. GCD if you wanna be real fancy). In the end it'd be more tailored to the people who process numbers faster than bars (AKA me- bars take too long to find out its value relative to the frame, too much scanning). Will try it out one day.

Anywho, Ill stop with text this is a ui thread right >.<

--paese
    Last edited by PinkSquare; 2014-10-03 at 02:38 AM. Reason: coffee editing. 'nuff said.

Then in that case, its trivial whether or not the spell name is shown. Just comes down to personal choice. The only time I think it would really matter is if you are a player that uses a lot of castsequence macros and you need to know which spell you are on in the sequence. I don't think anyone relies solely on castsequences macros. That'd be crazy
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-10-03 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
    Alright Constie, you're going to have to share that beautiful font that you're using for chat. It looks familiar but I can't place it.
    It's Expressway, which I got from Roth UI.

Deleted

Wip

My UI is always WIP but, this is what I use atm, still tweaking stuff and missing stuff to go over.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-03 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Just trying something.

Quote Originally Posted by redtusk View Post
    just trying something.
    so much gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Just trying something.

Your power-text needs MONOCHROMEOUTLINE set.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I went back to playing a Priest and made the same old Shadow UI again:

Going to get around to having a better Shadow Orbs tracker and showing my target's name and stuff at some point.
    what method are you using for chopping down edges and adding a border to raid warning icons on the chat frame? S'been something i've wanted to do for a while.

Looks really nice good to see zork's compass castbar in the wild too.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-10-03 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Your power-text needs MONOCHROMEOUTLINE set.
    It's a Weakaura that I made, unfortunately I don't think that WeakAuras supports MONOCHROMEOUTLINE, I haven't been able to find it atleast.
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2014-10-03 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    It's a Weakaura that I made, unfortunately I don't think that WeakAuras supports MONOCHROMEOUTLINE, I haven't been able to find it atleast.
    Types.lua line 240:
    change
    Code:
    MONOCHROME = L["Monochrome"],
    to
    Code:
    MONOCHROMEOUTLINE = L["Monochrome Outline"],
    Should work, haven't used WA in a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Types.lua line 240:
    change
    Code:
    MONOCHROME = L["Monochrome"],
    to
    Code:
    MONOCHROMEOUTLINE = L["Monochrome Outline"],
    Should work, haven't used WA in a while.
    Thanks a lot in advance, will give it a spin and report back.

Edit: Yup, seems to have worked .
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2014-10-03 at 09:57 PM.

This is a screenshot of the UI I used throughout ICC raiding during WotLK. I've begun a search for a similar, functional yet minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing UI to start adjusting to for WoD. I'd like to find this UI again, but I don't remember what it was called or who made it, nor do I have a clue if it has been updated any since WotLK. Any information would help a lot!

jSewell, that looks like an adaptation of my 2009 UI that WoWInterface user Bloodthorn made. I remember him sending me a message asking if it was okay to use my textures, and I'm pretty certain that was the layout he came up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    what method are you using for chopping down edges and adding a border to raid warning icons on the chat frame? S'been something i've wanted to do for a while.

Looks really nice good to see zork's compass castbar in the wild too.
    I'm not intentionally doing anything to those, so I suspect it's a consequence of using Clean Icons.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Redtusk;29817820]Just trying something.

Would you be so kind to upload your ui! love it!

I'm not intentionally doing anything to those, so I suspect it's a consequence of using Clean Icons.
    ah yep, that'd be it. Thanks anyway.

edit: Constie it was you who thought the name background texture didn't quite fit on my unit frames, right? does this look any better to you?

Last edited by modernist; 2014-10-04 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

From Baers UI, can anyone tell what font is used for the chat & minimap clock
    and i also wondering how to get my chat look like that.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-04 at 06:57 PM.

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    From Baers UI, can anyone tell what font is used for the chat & minimap clock
    and i also wondering how to get my chat look like that.

Thanks
    Font is either Expressway or Blue Highway, I think the latter. The chat is afaik rChat, or at least that's what it looks like.

I went back to playing a Priest and made the same old Shadow UI again:

Going to get around to having a better Shadow Orbs tracker and showing my target's name and stuff at some point.
    How long does it take to setup a UI like this? Do you have any packaged compilations for this somewhere? It's so gorgeous.