Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Some small changes. This is probably going to be my WoD leveling UI:

(Gnosis keeps resetting the target cast bar texture to the Blizzard default for some reason, is why it's not flat.)
    Constie I'm a huge fan of this design. One thing I'd suggest for your chat is using nibChatTabs to make them look clean and fit the rest of the ui.

Would you be willing to make Singularity a full-fledged addon with support for other classes? I have tried EventHorizon but I like Singularity much better. I'm dying to use this as Moonkin and Fire Mage.

^ i've already successfully modded it to work for a frost mage, it's much easier to set up now constie's rewritten it to auto-pull information from spellIDs.

anyway I realise I'm giving a bit of a blow by blow posting spree here, but I've ditched the offset shadow again for now and redone the nameplates. Much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    ^ i've already successfully modded it to work for a frost mage, it's much easier to set up now constie's rewritten it to auto-pull information from spellIDs.

anyway I realise I'm giving a bit of a blow by blow posting spree here, but I've ditched the offset shadow again for now and redone the nameplates. Much happier.

Personally, I liked the shadows in the boss mods and buffs (where they actually had a purpose). Maybe you could use them for the power bar on your unit frame or something? Also, I'm definitely a fan of the new nameplates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    What are those borders around unit frames and chat?
    Just kgpanels.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghepip View Post
    Oh i love the castbar around the Health frame! Reminds me about the oldschool Duke UIs
    it's the mana bar; i like my cast bars nice and big, so i know when to interrupt shit. i don't even know where my own cast bar is. i reckon it would make for a poor caster's UI. oh well.

same layout, i just wanted to change the textures and colors.

http://i.imgur.com/oxn11zZ.jpg

will need to filter my raven buffs.

I have my weak auras perfectly set up to give me directional attacks based on optimal ability at any given time. It's kind of like playing whack a mole, but its very effective. I like it anyways.

I don't play a warrior much, so not sure what those auras are actually telling you. Are you using them as a rotation guide or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I don't play a warrior much, so not sure what those auras are actually telling you. Are you using them as a rotation guide or...?
    They're tied to specific buttons, but the auras are merely directional. I have my main rotation set up as a "+" where the middle is my main attack. Then any priority spell is left right up and down. (I also put some cooldowns on there like if its an optimal time to heroic strike and to show blade storm if its off cooldown for convenience)

Basically, I took the Icy-veins suggested rotation and build a very specific system to display the direction for the attack that would be optimal at the time. So left arrow would be revenge, while the claws (middle) is devastate, right is shield slam, up is execute. (Down is whirlwind for Arms and spells are different obviously). But the general idea is, if you see my keybinds at the bottom, my priority buttons are set up as a + sign with 4 being the base button. Then left tells me to press 3, right is 5, up is f3 (keyboards can vary) and down is e.

What abilities they are is pretty irrelevant, the idea is very simply to turn my priority list into a + shape with priorities built right into the weak auras, then its just pressing the buttons as they display with only minor variation for AOE pulls (use thunderclap sometimes).

This system works for any spec, but it does take time to set it up each time since obviously priorities are not 1:1 from class to class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I have my weak auras perfectly set up to give me directional attacks based on optimal ability at any given time. It's kind of like playing whack a mole, but its very effective. I like it anyways. -snip-
    quite clever. i'm not impressed by the overall UI, but i do enjoy the 'whackamole' weakauras. what's your shield block timer?
    i think you can remove a lot of the bottom parts of the UI, but i reckon you like it that way. in that case i would at least recommend a viewport so you still have the whole game in view, instead of 1/4 hidden behind the bottom part.

how does this work in a very bright place? i get the feeling you'll have a hard time distinguishing your weakauras since the background is quite subtle.
    Last edited by mmoc8b8621127c; 2014-11-12 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I really like it, however that might be because it is strangely similar to mine...

Very weird :P
    Mind if i ask what addon do people use to make the unit and target frame like that?, i try with shadowed and x-perl, but i can't seem to make one

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    I have my weak auras perfectly set up to give me directional attacks based on optimal ability at any given time. It's kind of like playing whack a mole, but its very effective. I like it anyways. -snip-
    quite clever. i'm not impressed by the overall UI, but i do enjoy the 'whackamole' weakauras. what's your shield block timer?
    i think you can remove a lot of the bottom parts of the UI, but i reckon you like it that way. in that case i would at least recommend a viewport so you still have the whole game in view, instead of 1/4 hidden behind the bottom part.

how does this work in a very bright place? i get the feeling you'll have a hard time distinguishing your weakauras since the background is quite subtle.
    I actually like it, I made it cut off a bit on purpose, I always felt like my character sat a bit too high above the bottom of the screen and it bothers me for some reason. Its a personal flavor thing, I'm sure not everyone would agree with.

As for the weak auras, NEVER use "glow". As long as you don't use glow, it doesn't really matter how bright it is. I'll link a picture of the sky, which is decently bright, it has no effect on visibility. However, if I used the "glow" setting for display it would be impossible to see, that's correct.

It takes quite a bit of planning to perfect these priority lists without it simply displaying them all at once. Your lowest priorities can sometimes end with 6-8 trigger requirements making sure all of the higher priorities are on Cooldown, you have resources, your buffs/debuffs are up and sufficiently so (I require my rend to be above 5 seconds for other abilities to show for example as Arms).

It takes some understanding of WA to do, but its very beneficial.

http://i.imgur.com/qvKbZrx.jpg
    Picture of them against the sky.

15+ Year Old Account
    It takes quite a bit of planning to perfect these priority lists without it simply displaying them all at once.
    I'm working on something similar, but just using the icons themselves instead of misc graphics. I don't like to go too far into limiting conditions for triggering when they show though, since there are many situations that call for exceptions to strict rules (few adds, many adds, burst).

Top bar: main rotation with left side as a to-do list and the right is their time until next use (progress/cooldown).
    Bottom bar: big cooldowns and dps procs showing available/active/cooldown. Still need to add heroism, potion, and gear procs.

Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    I'm working on something similar, but just using the icons themselves instead of misc graphics. I don't like to go too far into limiting conditions for triggering when they show though, since there are many situations that call for exceptions to strict rules (few adds, many adds, burst).

Top bar: main rotation with left side as a to-do list and the right is their time until next use (progress/cooldown).
    Bottom bar: big cooldowns and dps procs showing available/active/cooldown. Still need to add heroism, potion, and gear procs.
    Yeah it really depends on what spec I'm playing. Warrior is easy. For instance, I just add sweeping strikes and things work pretty well there. DKs are easy because I just ignore the cues and do the very easy AOE rotation. Prot, same thing.

There are occasions when it's different, but I usually have those specs built a bit more loosely. Warrior I can do pretty tight and it works like a dream, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very high rez picture, but I'm statisfied with my UI for leveling and dungeoning. Probably tweak it once its time to raid.
    http://i.imgur.com/ysElR4X.jpg

Here's what I whipped up for leveling.

Combat:

Out of combat, casting:

edit: sorry about dat thumbnail size.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/FfL1snl

I use elvui. I really like the customization and the all in one addon.

Deleted
    Yeah, ask modernist about making Singularity work for other classes. (Or reroll Shadow Priest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Here's what I whipped up for leveling.
    What if you make your health bar slightly transparent like your holy power indicators?

I'll take that into consideration! I think that the screenshot is just bad, though. The health bar looks brighter because the target bar is showing the tapped color. I might get rid of that piece of information on the target frame and leave it to the nameplates, instead, though.

Edit: Made the holy power displays opaque. Not sure why they were transparent in the first place, honestly. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited by Everlu; 2014-11-13 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    ... i do enjoy the 'whackamole' weakauras....
    I tried basing a UI on just having a single icon via Weak Auras with various priority-based triggers allowing the icon to only show whichever ability is next on my rotation list, but I quickly realised that whilst it was quite efficient, it took a lot of the fun of it for me personally, and whilst I probably ended using the same abilities now as I would have done with the "single icon", it just feels better seeing most of my abilities/cooldowns/icons together and giving me the illusion of choice

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

Hi OOMM!!!! i love the progress bar with the black border. How you made to resizing the border exactly with the bar size ?