Thread: Post Your UI

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azraele61 View Post
    Hey Tempest,

Do you have that uploaded somewhere. I would love to take it for a spin!
    I wish he did, I have been patiently waiting for an upload or at least some art for the talent.. and now raid frames. But then again I can understand if he doesn't. Still looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by OldmanG View Post
    I wish he did, I have been patiently waiting for an upload or at least some art for the talent.. and now raid frames. But then again I can understand if he doesn't. Still looks amazing.
    It's completely his right not to upload it. Certainly not saying he has to. Just wondering if he did is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Time for 10 hours of weakauras hueuehueheu.. #sortastartingtolikethisalready

Small update. (sortanotsorryforspamming)

Mimic the border from minimap/dps meter for chat window?
    Amazing work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Mimic the border from minimap/dps meter for chat window?
    Amazing work though.
    (ignore if you read. im to tired cant think). yeah thats my plan!

and OHBOY WAIT TIL U GET A LOAD OF THE RAIDFRAMES WOOOHAAA

xD
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-22 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Now you know how I made mine! I quite like the blue orb thingy you posted, it has potential. But even if that is the thing/theme you end up using, you're on the road to bigger and cooler things now!

Also, I made a not garbage video for once:

Raid frame is a recent addition and needs some work but it's colored the same way as the talent frame is. Stopwatch needs to be moved above the emphasized bigwigs bars. Anyone see anything I can improve?
    Upload? would like to see how this works ingame for other classes

- - - Updated - - -

(ignore if you read. im to tired cant think). yeah thats my plan!

and OHBOY WAIT TIL U GET A LOAD OF THE RAIDFRAMES WOOOHAAA

xD
    Pics or it didnt happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Pics or it didnt happen?
    gonna drop latest progress just for you then go to bed!
    Also for the sake of it. every frame but the mid angel, is taken from hearthstone

E: there we go. hopefully i can get some help tomorrow with some stuff i cant figure out

Prob gonna change the menu buttons.. feels abit to much.. donald duck atm?
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-22 at 04:55 AM.

Luh ya bae. ;D

- - - Updated - - -

E: there we go. hopefully i can get some help tomorrow with some stuff i cant figure out

Looks sick. Wish I could come up with ideas like this

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks awesome Sunnydee, on you mouse over buttons are you using kgpanels? and do they open the standard bliz frames or are you going to make them custom also?

Looks awesome Sunnydee, on you mouse over buttons are you using kgpanels? and do they open the standard bliz frames or are you going to make them custom also?
    Id assumed its a custom peice of code inside a mouse over KGPanel

As of right now they arent Mouseover, still having issues solving it due to google giving my posts from 2009 which is outdated.
    And its standard blizzard but im prepared with art as soon as i figure out how to remove the old

In NGA, somebody made an Overwatch's UI, it's very very cool, and point is, it's not an addons pack, which means that it is not based on any addon, it is a pure stand-alone addon, it's amazing!
    address here: http://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=7880052&_ff=200

Quote Originally Posted by silver-lion View Post
    In NGA, somebody made an Overwatch's UI, it's very very cool, and point is, it's not an addons pack, which means that it is not based on any addon, it is a pure stand-alone addon, it's amazing!
    Cant get the link to work

| i7-7700K | B250M | 16GB DDR4 | GTX-1060 | 240GB Samsung 850 x3 | Corsair 750W CXMOD |

That looks...incredible..wow..

Seems like creating WoW UIs is becoming a game itself. Starting to wonder what percentage of the WoW community excel at both graphic design and LUA coding. Asians....why you so good at everything?
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2015-02-22 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    ok these guys are making our stuff look like pre-school projects. I just dont get why he has the default player/target frame still enabled. Maybe testing purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Seems like creating WoW UIs is becoming a game itself. Starting to wonder what percentage of the WoW community excel at both graphic design and LUA coding. Asians....why you so good at everything?
    I don't think you need to excel at LUA at all, given how many highly developed addons there are for WoW. Having an eye for graphics definitely helps a lot.

Asians seem so good probably because there's so many of them + law of averages + internet to find the best ones :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Variann View Post
    ok these guys are making our stuff look like pre-school projects.
    Whilst on the one hand that sort of UI is very cool, I'm not going to knock it for what it is, but try to bear in mind that one thing it isn't is a great MMO interface. It's an FPS interface grafted onto an MMO. The hardest thing you can do when making interfaces for a fantasy themed MMO is to make something that entirely fits the purpose and fits the style (that's why tempest's UI is so cool). There is a lot of fun to be had totally ignoring the rules, but the products of that are always going to be great experiments rather than great, long lasting UIs.

Just my opinion of course :-) It's all good.

This is great, there is huge potential here. It's like classic WoW, but much much better :-)
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-02-22 at 01:52 PM.

I can certainly see potential for some of it, such as the timers.
    Having a custom "simplified" icon for an ability when it isn't on the target, and then having it replaced by a timer when it is.
    I really like that.

Also adjusting the two frames at once from one handle, with the spacing.
    That's nice too.

If we look at it in parts rather than a whole, then I think a lot of us can take something from those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

My wip UI.

Well I am going to go ahead and post my UI, it is NOTHING compared to all the great UI's I have seen in this post. I use a ton of add ons, I have used bits and pieces from various UI compilations that I have found on here, WOW Interface, and Google. I dont have any raid shots as of yet our Guild is somewhat dysfunctional atm. So since I have some free time I have been messing with my UI.

Here are a couple, If we ever get back on schedule I will post some in raid.

It is still a work in progress and there is a lot to get cleaned up. I know that my buffs on the right are into the minimap, fixed that already.
    I have started using OPie and the back drop for that I swiped from the awesome SilverUI2 (thanks Silver) the chat, minimap, and both main unit frames I got the idea one day I had gone afk, and my desktop happened to be up (I use Rainmeter skins on my desktop) and for some reason I thought to myself hmm maybe I could use some of these in my UI. I am working on getting the colors to match Opie.

All of the weak auras were pulled from here, thanks for everyone who has taken the time to upload them.
    And thanks to everyone that I have glommed UI parts from.

Hey guys, no upload of the entire UI yet just because that is a whole crap load of work. If you guys just want the art though (like OldmanG), I'll upload a rar with the tgas once I'm done posting this.

@ Drayarr: The only other thing that I play at level 100 is a ret and I felt like the color scheme of my warrior's UI would not really mesh well with any other class (especially fabulous paladin pink) so I whipped up a one-size-fits-all kinda UI for the rest of my characters. Obviously, if you want to use the arty bits and see how it looks on Druid, be my guest.

@ SunnyDee: That is looking really cool! As much potential as the last one Personally, I don't really like the way buttons on the right side look. Maybe it's the font? Everything else is pretty neat though. When I saw the angel in the center, my absolute first thought was "she needs some wings."

Also, holy cow that Overwatch UI is something else. Someone figure out how to make those slanted hud looking icons and tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Hey guys
    "hos" "bros". looks familiar

Yeah i've changed the menu layout to this rather stuck atm. allthough no suprise there will be wings!