Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post

Raidshot, still cant figure out how to change the font on the buff on the raidframes, and stuf doesnt seem to show rage/runic power/etc on the raidframes + to be able to have the 1px around the raidframes i need to have a black background, and if the health goes down, the power bar kinda blends in with the health which can be annoying ...
    This is really quality work, I love the way you have your power bars, yet to see anyone do anything similar to that. /Clap

When a wild forum troll appears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Hehe, I stopped playing around a year ago or so.

I like it, it's all a bit to big for me, but I like it.

As ComputerNerd said, imo you can just hide the non mana users power. That or you could work with kgPanels and parent them and work with different levels, so your raidframes basically sit on top of a underlying black panel.

That and some minor things, like a relative small chatbox and not having enough seperation between lines.
    I dont see having bigger chat frames, not so much important things there for me atleast, i have been doing kgpanels anchoring for vuhdo and it works great, i made those raid frames with stuf yesterday but i can try to make 25 pixel squares for them .. unless it eats up memory and change the background to another color.

Deleted

Raidshot, still cant figure out how to change the font on the buff on the raidframes, and stuf doesnt seem to show rage/runic power/etc on the raidframes + to be able to have the 1px around the raidframes i need to have a black background, and if the health goes down, the power bar kinda blends in with the health which can be annoying ...
    whats that addon that shows the debuffs above targets?

edit: nevermind, its the health, I notice it now
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-30 at 08:39 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    I love the way you have your power bars, yet to see anyone do anything similar to that. /Clap
    Not trying to pee on anybodies bonfire but their was a craze about 12-18 months ago when everybody and their grandma was doing it. :P

Deleted
    I guess its not original, guess its taken abit from everywhere without anyone in perticular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Not trying to pee on anybodies bonfire but their was a craze about 12-18 months ago when everybody and their grandma was doing it. :P
    i was unaware, i do like the style, Not my kinda style. But it works.

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Not trying to pee on anyone's bonfire, but there was a craze about 12-18 months ago when all the cool people were doing it. :P
    fix't
    <3

Self made or this is a compilation of any sort ? Looks brilliant.

Ishtara is liking the direction this is going.

I do have a couple misc. issues with it however.
    1. As was mentioned earlier, the leading on your chat text is horrible. (You can space the lines out in the lua for whatever chat addon you are using if you don't want to change the font.
    2. Unify the outline treatment for your texts. (Some have a side shadow, some have a drop shadow, some have no outline, etc)
    3. Truncate the ToT name text.
    4. I would reverse the buff flow so that shortest duration remaining is on the bottom left, not top right. (Also, your count text is an incorrect size for your font)
    5. Do you need to see your chat tab labels all the time? I would understand showing them if you had 4-5 different tabs in use, but you don't.
    6. Get oPie for all the crap you don't need to have on your actionbars. My main is a resto shaman and I don't need to have food, flasks, totemic recall, ghost wolf, earthliving, etc. on my bars. I just bind a ring to the F key and throw all that on it.
    7. I assume you're using omnicc, if so, you can easily make your cooldown texts on your actionbars a matching pixel font.
    8. I hate the font you're using for your nameplates. I understand this is personal preference I just think you could use something less stylized.
    9. Your choice of button skin seems odd given that everything else has a 1px black border.
    10. This is a a personal pet peeve, but if you're going to use a 3 letter abbreviation for fps, I would use a 3 letter abbreviation for Mls and Mib so that its consistent Also, your minimap is slightly cluttered, perhaps move your time text and drop your location text to the bottom of the minimap instead of the top. Put your time text at the bottom perhaps. Maybe do "13:41 G:1 F:1 37626.6 G" on the bottom right bar.
    11. Line up your UF texts with your powerbar, their current placement looks random.
    12. Target frame w/o name text seems odd, but if you don't need it I guess it works for you. However if you upload this, any dps class will probably want it on there more times than not.

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Ishtara is liking the direction this is going.

I do have a couple misc. issues with it however.
    1. As was mentioned earlier, the leading on your chat text is horrible. (You can space the lines out in the lua for whatever chat addon you are using if you don't want to change the font.
    2. Unify the outline treatment for your texts. (Some have a side shadow, some have a drop shadow, some have no outline, etc)
    3. Truncate the ToT name text.
    4. I would reverse the buff flow so that shortest duration remaining is on the bottom left, not top right. (Also, your count text is an incorrect size for your font)
    5. Do you need to see your chat tab labels all the time? I would understand showing them if you had 4-5 different tabs in use, but you don't.
    6. Get oPie for all the crap you don't need to have on your actionbars. My main is a resto shaman and I don't need to have food, flasks, totemic recall, ghost wolf, earthliving, etc. on my bars. I just bind a ring to the F key and throw all that on it.
    7. I assume you're using omnicc, if so, you can easily make your cooldown texts on your actionbars a matching pixel font.
    8. I hate the font you're using for your nameplates. I understand this is personal preference I just think you could use something less stylized.
    9. Your choice of button skin seems odd given that everything else has a 1px black border.
    10. This is a a personal pet peeve, but if you're going to use a 3 letter abbreviation for fps, I would use a 3 letter abbreviation for Mls and Mib so that its consistent Also, your minimap is slightly cluttered, perhaps move your time text and drop your location text to the bottom of the minimap instead of the top. Put your time text at the bottom perhaps. Maybe do "13:41 G:1 F:1 37626.6 G" on the bottom right bar.
    11. Line up your UF texts with your powerbar, their current placement looks random.
    12. Target frame w/o name text seems odd, but if you don't need it I guess it works for you. However if you upload this, any dps class will probably want it on there more times than not.

<3
    Ish
    Damn thats much :P
    1. I havent looked into prat yet about the line space i got no lua skill at all some very basic.
    2. About totemtimers i have no clue how to add an outline to the text been trying to do that but cant figure it out, about skada the text sometimes bug but if i switch window and go back to healing again it works.
    3. I dont know what truncate means sorry
    4. About the buffs i dont really look at them that much mostly for water shield and the spirit buff from my trinket,
    5. I can hide them i just have them that way atm no reason really.
    6. I agree i can hide most of the things and the food buffs was just there so it was easy to acces , i suppose i could make a hidden bar that pops up when i hover over it.
    7. I could use pixelfonts but i tend to look at my spells pretty much and having the text slightly bigger makes it abit easier in a stressfull fight than to have look very closely what the number say, in my opnion.
    8. My nameplate is Docnameplate and its kinda outdated and a memoryhog, i dont really use it for showing health and things on mobs, i like it cause it shows a star above players that are ur friends or guild, and show everyones name with a class color, making it easy to find ppl in raid/org/sw.
    9. I have tried pixelborders with buttonfacade but there isnt really anyone good that looks good on a smaller scale, they would probably look better if the buttons were larger but not on my scale atleast :/
    10. I could switch that i think havent put much focus into fixing the map yet.
    11. Yeah the text is abit slight off gonna fix that.
    12. I dont really need the tot was abit more handy when i did pvp to see who was targetting me.

Thx for your feedback really appreciate it
    Last edited by mmoc2569500d57; 2012-01-30 at 09:24 PM.

1. Perhaps ask here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/prat-3-0
    2. I switched to Yata from Totem Timers and haven't looked back. My skada doesn't bug, perhaps delete the addon folder and re download a fresh version. Aside from those 2 addons, you still have outlining issues everywhere else other than your data texts.
    3. Truncate means shorten the text length so that the name doesn't overlap the frame edges.
    4. They would still look better the other way. For shields I use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ShieldsUp.html And you shouldn't need to keep an eye on your spirit buff, Riptide is used on cooldown (or very close to it otherwise), that alone keeps your buff up :P Also, don't forget your count text is too big :P
    6. Or you can get http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/opie
    7. Did you try the 16 pt size instead of the 8 pt size?
    8. Plenty of nameplates do the things you described and allow you to use better looking fonts :P
    9. Have you run the scale script to make sure your Ui scale is correct?

Deleted
    I am finally pleased! the petframe is the red one under the main actionbar and there is still some work to be done with recount, pain in the ass to get that addon to look good.
    The green bar ontop of the actionbar is the powerbar (mana/focus etc).

Target + Party

Combat -> Petframe, castbar/enemycastbar and the bar 2 that pops up in combat

Combat showing the NTK bars

Will throw in a raid screenshot when i have it.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-31 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I am finally pleased! the petframe is the red one under the main actionbar and there is still some work to be done with recount, pain in the ass to get that addon to look good.
    The green bar ontop of the actionbar is the powerbar (mana/focus etc).

Will throw in a raid screenshot when i have it.
    Try skada if its nothing super important from recount you want.

Can you give more info about your health mod / addon and how to get the look of it? I really like the simplicity and clean look especially with the blue arrow on the top.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Can you please post a list of addons used?
    I like your design a lot, even if it might be in an
    early state. More!

Deleted
    1. Perhaps ask here: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/prat-3-0
    2. I switched to Yata from Totem Timers and haven't looked back. My skada doesn't bug, perhaps delete the addon folder and re download a fresh version. Aside from those 2 addons, you still have outlining issues everywhere else other than your data texts.
    3. Truncate means shorten the text length so that the name doesn't overlap the frame edges.
    4. They would still look better the other way. For shields I use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ShieldsUp.html And you shouldn't need to keep an eye on your spirit buff, Riptide is used on cooldown (or very close to it otherwise), that alone keeps your buff up :P Also, don't forget your count text is too big :P
    6. Or you can get http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/opie
    7. Did you try the 16 pt size instead of the 8 pt size?
    8. Plenty of nameplates do the things you described and allow you to use better looking fonts :P
    Thx again

1. Yata doesnt seem to work at all just lua errors

4. About water shield i got TellMeWhen popping up when water shield is gone and earth shield is shown on my raidframes.

7. i noticed i only had the outline option for my text for omni cc so i fiddled around and added monochrome aswell, im using 8px now, but when the timers is <6 size is 16 px, works pretty good.

8. Still looking ^^

9. Ui scale is 1, but i cant seem to find anything with 1 px border for masque, i heard about Rbuffstyler and rActionButtonStyler perhaps

could I trouble anyone about a bit more explanation on what is this and where do I get it?

Deleted
    Hlx i think if u go to options->advanced u got something called ui scale, and if u put it at 1 i think u get the pixelperfect thing, there is a macro also.

/script SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    could I trouble anyone about a bit more explanation on what is this and where do I get it?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-UIScaler.html

cant seem to find anything with 1 px border for masque, i heard about Rbuffstyler and rActionButtonStyler perhaps
    I'd take a look at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ipleSkins.html