Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Mage UI
    Very nice UI. I'm just curious how you know when your CDs are ready or if you have something shown when you cant use them? That's my only issue with UIs is I have to know when I can use my CDs or when I cant.

Looks like you put a lot of work into it though! Definitely has eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Unfortuneatly I'm still kind of perfecting it, also I'm not entirely sure how to go about with uploading an Elv UI mod (restrictions etc).

Here is an image of the layout itself, it will have to suffice for now.
    You would do it the same way as any other UI but delete the ElvUI interface files (not the WTF ones). On Wowinterface at least.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    How did you use Masque within WA? Or is that basically an action bar without a background and then WA effects behind?
    The latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfgun View Post
    Very nice UI. I'm just curious how you know when your CDs are ready or if you have something shown when you cant use them? That's my only issue with UIs is I have to know when I can use my CDs or when I cant.

Looks like you put a lot of work into it though! Definitely has eye candy.
    That's implemented. Just didn't use any cooldowns in the video because I couldn't be arsed to find some flashyness to go with them.

Did some more configuring, looks like this now: http://i.imgur.com/U4IKIVv.jpg
    Not sure what else to do, would appreciate some tips/ideas.

Slowly becomming more happy with my UI on my priest. There are always things i would like to change, but you cant have everything at once, unfortunately

Been getting poked to get into a bit of healing (shadow priest main), and naturaly that needed a UI tweak (even though its mainly as atonement, anything for a UI fix! :P )

Edit: Silly HUGE pictures....
    Last edited by LazyMia; 2014-05-24 at 09:01 PM.

Mage UI
    Just awesome can i get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Interesting layout for the unitframes, effectively turning the often used "simple" dps raid frames on their side as a healer.
    Though I am not sure how much information you can get on them, aside from the health which is certainly a lot easier to gauge in a hurry on the taller bars.

You might want to hide the anchor for your tooltip, though that gave me a reason to have another look at tiptac, as I quite like the boldness of the bars on it.
    I try to squeeze as much info into the main raid frame as possible but there are compromises, hence why I use a second raid frame on the left (which is a bit overkill and I'm going to ditch it). Other than that, I make extensive use of the tooltip even during combat but buffs/debuff display is an issue and I will have to have a think about how to get round that.

Re tooltip anchor, chalk that down to embarrassing schoolboy error

- - - Updated - - -

Mage UI
    Outstanding - I could watch this all day

Deleted
    I've spent a long time lurking these threads and being amazed by people's interfaces, but now it's time to share something, too.

I made the player frame in oUF, and have not bothered with the target one (it'll follow soonish, once I'm happy with the player frame). As you can probably tell, I've been inspired by Pixil's and carebear's interfaces a lot. I tried to recreate some of their awesomeness but had to add a few things for my monk; a stagger bar, and a chi tracker.

In addition to that, I also made the energy bar change colour when I'm under/over 40 energy, since all my monk's energy spells cost 40. (keg smash, expel harm, jab).

There's two things I'm not entirely happy with though:

• The colours. I think they kinda lack contrast, especially when my health drops, since it's essentially dark grey on a lighter grey. I thought about maybe using the class colour as a background... Any suggestions on how to make it a bit more obvious I'm dying would be much appreciated!
    • The look/placement of the chi bar. It looks a bit *too* detached from the rest of the unit frame right now. I've tried overlaying it slightly over the power bar to get something similar like the stagger bar slightly overlaying the healthbar... but meh, dunno, it obscures the energy bar too much. So again, suggestions are highly appreciated!

Edit: Completely forgot to mention... but the rest of the stuff in the middle is, of course, weak auras. Eight under my character are some important buffs I need to keep track of (shuffle, tiger palm, power guard, elusive brew stacks). Some of these can probably be removed since they're always supposed to be up, but I just recently started playing brewmaster. :P

Under my energy + chi is a gcd tracker, since I like playing with my bars hidden, I find it convenient to know when I can use my next ability. The icons under that are my rotational cooldowns (keg smash, expel harm, chi wave/chi burst), next to those is a dynamic group with other cooldowns I only want to see when they're actually on cooldown (guard, charging ox wave/ring of peace, provoke, spear hand strike - etc)

To the left are defensive cooldown trackers. My own as well as those from other classes.
    Last edited by mmoc923c038b72; 2014-05-25 at 10:56 AM. Reason: derp

Birgs (and Kaits) Mage UIs have inspired me to post my Mage UI. There are similar aspects to each but obvioulsy mone has not had anywhere near enough time spent on them and need a lot of work, but I rarely play my Mage these days and this UI hasnt been touched in months, but thought I would post it here anyway

I know theres plenty of improvements to be made as its a very work in progress, but you get the idea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelen View Post
    • The colours. I think they kinda lack contrast, especially when my health drops, since it's essentially dark grey on a lighter grey. I thought about maybe using the class colour as a background... Any suggestions on how to make it a bit more obvious I'm dying would be much appreciated!
    Reactional colors, so below 50% you can have it red, between 50-80 orange and above 80 green.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haypil View Post
    Reactional colors, so below 50% you can have it red, between 50-80 orange and above 80 green.
    Yeah, I guess that would make sense. Maybe if I can find some nice pastel-like colours it won't look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by sintam View Post
    finally finished drawing this bad boy ui :3

would be very grateful if anyone can fix the link, won't let me post things yet :<

i. imgur.com/QiuPzsV.jpg
    That is just an extraordinarily awesome UI, can I have it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post

Hi, can you share your healer UI ?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelen View Post
    • The look/placement of the chi bar. It looks a bit *too* detached from the rest of the unit frame right now. I've tried overlaying it slightly over the power bar to get something similar like the stagger bar slightly overlaying the healthbar... but meh, dunno, it obscures the energy bar too much. So again, suggestions are highly appreciated!
    Some of these can probably be removed since they're always supposed to be up, but I just recently started playing brewmaster. :P
    As said above, Red / Orange / Yellow / Green are good colours to use based on health. The pastel colours are definitely a good idea. I am a fan!

For your WA. You say you could hide some of them as they're supposed to be up all the time. If that's the case then change the WA to only display during combat and if the buff is missing. That way you have an icon going "OI, YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR BUFF ON NOOB!" so you can quickly re-apply it and hide the icon instead of displaying it constantly.

As for the player frame elements feeling detached, if it were mine I would change the width of your chi bar to that of the stagger bar and place it in the same position as the stagger bar at the bottom of the frame then have the energy bar a couple of pixels underneath that as it is now.

Similar to this old screenshot of mine, with a threat bar above and a rage bar below the player frame but you'd have your parts overlapping the health frame slightly and your energy bar further below. http://i.imgur.com/9vToW.jpg

PS. Woot I inspire people!
    Last edited by Hulari; 2014-05-26 at 03:07 PM.

trying something different, done with WA. just curious if i can import more textrues and skintones into WA, dont like how "flat" they are in the shining if that makes sense.

Also wondering if i can set text to centerline so midpoint wont move, more that it splits on each side(mana for example)

Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-05-26 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    trying something different, done with WA. just curious if i can import more textrues and skintones into WA
    There's no "importing" per se, where it becomes integrated into the addon itself. Instead, you can just tell it to use any file within the Interface folder. Next to button that you'd click to select a model, there's a text input box for the path name. If you choose one of the ones from the Weak Auras' selection pane, the path name of that model will appear in that box. You can, instead, manually input a path name to a file of your own creation (which you could put into a sub-directory of your own inside the Interface directory).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

hmm so just to make sure i got this correct, i can make a folder named, lets say banana in the spell activationoverlays, and a texture named waffle,

then just change name in texture? (yeah im as stupid as a potatoe on crack) :>

Do i have to convert everything i put in to TGA files?
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-05-26 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage UI
    What's the flame model called or is it a custom model you made?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As said above, Red / Orange / Yellow / Green are good colours to use based on health. The pastel colours are definitely a good idea. I am a fan!
    I'm still thinking a bit about this, might just do it on the health background, but I guess I'll just have to try it out and see how it feels.

For your WA. You say you could hide some of them as they're supposed to be up all the time. If that's the case then change the WA to only display during combat and if the buff is missing. That way you have an icon going "OI, YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR BUFF ON NOOB!" so you can quickly re-apply it and hide the icon instead of displaying it constantly.
    I agree with this, but I've only started brewmaster about 1,5 week ago so I haven't fully internalised the rotation yet, that's why I have the icons shown pretty close to my character, and showing up bright red when something's missing. I was playing with too much haste before, which meant I got far fewer Tiger Palms in. Have regemmed etc now and my haste is much lower, so I get more Tiger Palms in. I will probably remove the Tiger Strikes + Power Guard icons soon.

As for the player frame elements feeling detached, if it were mine I would change the width of your chi bar to that of the stagger bar and place it in the same position as the stagger bar at the bottom of the frame then have the energy bar a couple of pixels underneath that as it is now.
    Did think about this, but have yet to try it out. I guess this would also make sense for other class-specific resources. I'll have a fiddle about with that sometime layer tonight perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    hmm so just to make sure i got this correct, i can make a folder named, lets say banana in the spell activationoverlays, and a texture named waffle,

then just change name in texture? (yeah im as stupid as a potatoe on crack) :>

Do i have to convert everything i put in to TGA files?
    Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned: it has to be a TGA and the height and width must be powers of 2. So it can't be, say, 26x26.

You would just create a folder Banana inside your Interface folder (I named my folder "Textures" ), and then put waffle.tga inside that folder. Then you can enter "Interface\Banana\waffle.tga" (without the quotation marks) in the Model text input box at the top of the Display tab.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.