Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Why not. The complete package or do you want only one sepcific section?
    Can u share the complete package pls?

Which minimap should I pick? Included some of the UI for comparison.

Left: 2px border with rounded edges
    Middle: no border
    Right: 1px border with sharp edges

They all keep in theme with the UI in some way but I also feel like all of them have something missing..
    Last edited by Birgwow; 2015-09-04 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post

They all keep in theme with the UI in some way but I also feel like all of them have something missing..
    Agreed on the last part, but if I were to go with one of these 3, I'd choose the third.

I'd go with the first rounded borders, but make it 3 or 4px and half transparent if its possible.

Last one, with the 1px outline. Unless you put 2px borders in a lot of the rest of the UI, in which case maybe the 2px border

i like the no border one

i'd say tune the map to 50-60% opacity and then slide a white/coloured frame behind it to even out the contrast a little?

I like the first, but make the inside of the corners rounded as well (you could get away with one white pixel in each corner for this, probably). The border doesn't have to be present on other UI elements (sorry Kai--I personally feel that thoughtful graphic design is rarely matchy-matchy). The other elements are solid block colors, and the minimap is a dynamic, very detailed element and it needs a visual element to separate it for the sake of function. The thicker border fits in aesthetically with the color blocking of the unit frames. I think it seems the most like the current design trends used in social media apps. You nailed the trend with that horizontal color bocking, btw.

Deleted
    Here's one more for the 2px / rounded corners variant.

Same reason Everlu already posted, so I'll save me the trouble of repeating it...

2 feels like the most modern of the three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

1 if the rest of the UI will get the same thickness, else 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Arms warrior wip:
    i.imgur.com/e02kc9H.png

Big number is relative hp. Turns red if < 20.
    Targetframe shows energy & castbar:
    i.imgur.com/1gbCBK0.png i.imgur.com/GRjjnHr.png
    Guys who can tell me what addons are used here? Because this UI is really awesome. I want this one but author does not respond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey about that social media UI, you could make colour versions for it. I'd dig a light ashgrey/orange one.
    im cool pls respodn

I'd suggest making all actionbars/buffs the same skin. Including the DP in the middle.
    Also not sure if overlapping the health and name of your target frame is intentional?

Other than that looking good!

Just started working on a social media themed UI. First obstacle: round flat portraits or square 3D portraits?

Round:

3D:

Problem with 3D when the portrait gets an abrupt cut. Ugly?
    Oh I really like this design!

The last one is best in my opinion.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Azwraith View Post
    Guys who can tell me what addons are used here? Because this UI is really awesome. I want this one but author does not respond.
    He mentioned at some point that this particular UI is mostly Weak Auras

updating my default UI and i think i finally made a button texture I'm happy with:

That actually looks pretty neat. Did you use Masque, or did you just modify the ICON folder? I'd be interested in having a download to play with it either way, if you're willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by Azwraith View Post
    I overlooked your first post.

Unitframes: Shadowed Unit Frames
    Castbar: Quartz
    Icon: WeakAuras (strings can be found here: https://github.com/Urtgard/Interface/wiki)
    Targethealth: WeakAuras + mini addon (https://github.com/Urtgard/special-font)
    Font: Myriad Pro Light Condensed & SquareFont
    Texture: Skullflower2 from Skullflower's UI

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    That actually looks pretty neat. Did you use Masque, or did you just modify the ICON folder? I'd be interested in having a download to play with it either way, if you're willing.
    its actually neither — I use !beautycase and a collection of my own scripts to add them independently. It allows for greater control on a case by case basis and means I can have that dynamic border colouring for items/buttons etc.

I've now skinned more or less every instance of a blizzard icon or border, big or small, so i'll be uploading it as part of my UI compilation here in the next couple of days. You could just pull out the skinning mod + !beautycase from it.