Weak Auras "high" CPU Usage

Hey bois.

I had some issues with fps drops in raid using ElvUi, which was causing me around 15-20 seconds of hangup according to the CPU Profiler addon over the course of a test, I switched to a Bartender / Suf / WeakAuras setup to recreate everything I liked about ElvUi, but I still have some stutters.

I have Weak Auras accounting for 6-10 seconds of hangups per test depending on the fight, so I was wondering what could cause those ? I assume having lots of auras running (which is my case), but I was wondering if there were resources available on the subject ?

Specifically, I'm wondering about how loading auras works with aura groups (ie is the whole group loaded if some of the auras in it are loaded ?), and what kind of custom functions are the heaviest on the cpu ?

(For reference, I play on a 1060 6G, 8Gb ram and i5 6500, on medium settings 1080p in raids, I have 50-60 stable fps then a 0,5-1 second freeze comes up, then back to stable 60)

Thanks to anyone who might have some answers !

I dont have this issue in raids at all, and i run a Elvui + weakaura custom scripts and what not .. (might be hard to explain), Half my Hud is Weakaura loading groups and what not (Custom Lua), and pc i do some of my raids on (depending on my situation for what pc i am using) has worst settings then yours do

ATM my Weakauras runs at 23.22 MB

I run a total of 103.19 MB for Addon Mem

Not sure what else i can say....

Edit:: I do have Hangups when first logging on my Dk mostly takes a bit to load things up but it just started recently

Addon memory is not a performance hit, unless you have 4GB of RAM. An efficient addon keeps more things in memory instead of wasting CPU looking things up that don’t change.

addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I know that memory isn't an issue, that's why I didn't mention my consumed memory (50-100 mb dependings on situations).

I used CPU Profiler to determine what was causin the lags, and it tells me it's WA hogging a lot of CPU time

Might as well use this topic : anyone knows of a way to log Lua errors that might not pop up on the screen the same way one logs fights into CombatLog ?

@CaptnTorpedo you used the word 'stutters', perhaps you're using an addon to show memory usage? those addons cause small freezes every time they update.
    Also try using Addons CPU Usage addon to calc performance and post a screenshot here with the results.

That's what I used, sorry, Addons CPU Usage calls this functionnality CPU Profiler, I got them mixed up

I didn't screenshot, but it was between 8 to 12 s on WA, 2-3 sec on details, and negligible hangups on other addons (like <100ms).

I removed a few custom WAs for this raid night and it was a bit better, so I think I found what is causind the "overload".

I have a lot of auras updating on every frame for tracking dots and such, how could I have them refresh less often ?
    I imagine there are some events I could use that would provide a decent update rate while being lighter calculation wise ? (something like updating every 5 frames ?)