Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted

!

Roflomnom:

Any chance u have a link / name for that ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    but i like it!
    Me too!!! Please release this and complete my life :P

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Wow! simply just WOW! Is this the theme/look you think you will releasing for Legion ? because I simply love it. I have tried to recreate something like that but I have neither the skills nor the knowledge and just WOW. I can't wait til you make it available. You will make it available right?
    I got quite a few UI's I'm planning on playing with in Legion. I don't really have time anymore to maintain a UI page or anything like that, so if you ever want to try out or mess with a UI I have, PM me on the TukUI website. I've already handed out about 50 downloads there, as it's easier to keep track of 1-on-1 requests. Happy you like the UI, though!

My "main" UI will most likely be my "Default Blizz UI" I redid in Elv. It looks like it will be a pain in the ass to fully skin the Raid Frames for some of my UI ideas, so that one doesn't really need it as it copies the look most Default UI scripts make the default raid frames look like. The GW2 UI idea will most likely be the second UI since visually it is not TOO distracting. My third UI will be the LegionUI idea. That one can be kinda distracting with the animated HP crystals and stuff.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Afenar View Post
    Some of my UIs, icons are SHAKING when ready to use or dots are expiring:

Downloaded your ui, however, some things are different than these pics you posted. The unitframes are way larger, the map is sitting on the top right corner instead of where it is on these pics, and the data texts/panels, are on top centered, and not on the bottom like these pics...

Have you changed your ui but forgot to update it on wowinterface by any chance?

P.S-can't link the images of your post due to post limitation here on mmo-champ...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Decided to scrap my first iteration.

Raid frames in lower right corner to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    My current UI:

IMAGE REMOVED

Not much to look at, but I am in game. With a subscription and everything.
    I just digested your old setup addon to make one my self. I would sooo just like to say THANKS! So THANKS!

Deleted
    Tinkering with a UI for my elemental shaman.

Im trying to keep it compact so it's easy to maintain a clean UI even when you tack on bigwigs and raid frames etc.

Functionality wise im pretty content with it now. Any suggestions?

Hey!

So rn I'm working on either new feature for my UI, or a new addon, or something NTBR, not sure yet T_T

I'm reworking blizzard alert/toast system. Default one is quite clunky and has a ton of issues, but there's one thing in particular that annoys the hell outta me every time I see them, inconsistency in design!

My goal is to standardise them. Here's my work so far.

It still have quite a lot to do

Obviously, archaeology toasts aren't working well, they have really weird icon textures

I haven't drawn backgrounds yet, majority of toasts will share same background, cuz they are basic alerts, but blizz store, archaeology, legendary and few more toasts will have unique BGs.

I need to add world quest, scenario and dungeon toasts

Although loot roll frames (master, group loots) are integrated into blizz alert system, I won't touch them for now. There's a whole system behind them, so will rework them later, I just dun wanna mess up.

It works alongside blizz system. It unregisters all handled alerts/events from default one, so I'm not getting same alerts twice, haha

As always, I'm trying to draw my textures with blizz style in mind, I want it to fit in nicely.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-08-04 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankstarEU View Post
    I just digested your old setup addon to make one my self. I would sooo just like to say THANKS! So THANKS!
    No problem. Although... I'm pretty sure that addon is hacky at best though, so be warned ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    SEX! .
    I love your work, but my eyes hates it.. As in i wish i could use your UI, scale it for my eyes to use it.. it's so small, but yet so beautiful.. But the ui is so small for my eyes so its not convinient..

-snip-
    Looks absolutely wonderful, hopefully available as a separate standalone addon?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I love your work, but my eyes hates it.. As in i wish i could use your UI, scale it for my eyes to use it.. it's so small, but yet so beautiful.. But the ui is so small for my eyes so its not convinient..
    Heh, when I'm more or less done with this new thingy, I'm going to try to address scale/size issues of my UI.

It's a bit painful process though. Redrawing textures is quite time consuming and expensive, literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Looks absolutely wonderful, hopefully available as a separate standalone addon?
    Later, rn is too early, cuz it's still heavily WIP. But eventually it'll be available in one form or another
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-08-04 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    No problem. Although... I'm pretty sure that addon is hacky at best though, so be warned ;-)
    Hehe :P Well noticed, but so is what i'm doing. Just prettifying it with some buttons. I mainly needed to know how to set profiles through lua

- - - Updated - - -

Hey!

So rn I'm working on either new feature for my UI, or a new addon, or something NTBR, not sure yet T_T

I'm reworking blizzard alert/toast system. Default one is quite clunky and has a ton of issues, but there's one thing in particular that annoys the hell outta me every time I see them, inconsistency in design!

My goal is to standardise them. Here's my work so far.

IMAGE REMOVED

It still have quite a lot to do

Obviously, archaeology toasts aren't working well, they have really weird icon textures

I haven't drawn backgrounds yet, majority of toasts will share same background, cuz they are basic alerts, but blizz store, archaeology, legendary and few more toasts will have unique BGs.

I need to add world quest, scenario and dungeon toasts

Although loot roll frames (master, group loots) are integrated into blizz alert system, I won't touch them for now. There's a whole system behind them, so will rework them later, I just dun wanna mess up.

IMAGE REMOVED

It works alongside blizz system. It unregisters all handled alerts/events from default one, so I'm not getting same alerts twice, haha

As always, I'm trying to draw my textures with blizz style in mind, I want it to fit in nicely.
    Oh.. my.. god.. I hope you will do this as a standalone addon. GREAT work so far!

@lightspark Oh my ... that does look fantastic! Hopefully I can implement that in my UI, too. With different style ofc.
    oh, honey.

lovely toast frames, i'd worked on reshaping those a little myself but just with boring flat black backgrounds.

do you make your own textures lightspark? i should really try and find somebody able to help me with constructing nicer art & borders.

doing some tidy-up:

dev version: https://github.com/obble/lovelyui

Do you make your own textures lightspark? i should really try and find somebody able to help me with constructing nicer art & borders.
    Yeah, I draw all textures I need from scratch

do you have any recommendations or tips for tutorials and places to get started with that kind of thing, or is it just a transfer of general photoshop practice?

do you have any recommendations or tips for tutorials and places to get started with that kind of thing, or is it just a transfer of general photoshop practice?
    Practice T_T

Draw a lot. I normally freehand first designs, while I'm trying to find shape/proportions/etc. I have a notebook for my ideas, so I can write down thoughts or draw sketches, whenever something pops up in my head.

I never start drawing/coding anything seriously, unless I think that my design might actually work.

I call it a frivolous approach, cuz it's not something I'd do at work But it works fine for a hobby, cuz when there's nothing I can work with, I do something else, otherwise developing/maintaining addons would cost way too much. Time is money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    @lightspark Oh my ... that does look fantastic! Hopefully I can implement that in my UI, too. With different style ofc.
    The most difficult part was and still is to read blizz code, it's quite messy, they sorta "revamped" alert frames for Legion, but it didn't improve code readability, cuz many things were written back in TBC/WotLK or even Vanilla, and instead of refactoring/revamping whole thing, they continue building upon it.

And ofc some subsystems are elsewhere and not in AlertFrame.* and AlertFrameSystems.* files T_T

That's why I'm not touching group/master loot roll frames for now.

In my opinion, the loot roll frames are less important than all these alert frames.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey!

I hope you release it as a stand-alone addon. It looks great and I would certainly use it!

One suggestion, if you do make it an addon--perhaps allow the frame's anchor to be moved. Sometimes it pops up over some critical UI element in combat or whatever. Just an idea!
    Last edited by shanthi; 2016-08-04 at 02:55 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.