Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #24761
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Quite interested in the use of this, and how you achieved it — addon-wise.
    Here. /10char

  2. #24762
    After lots of inspiration from this thread, here is my UI:


  3. #24763
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    After many weeks of tweaking and taking inspiration from this thread, it looks like I finally found a UI that I really like. I can't take much credit from it as I just took parts from other people and put them together.

    OOC:



    In combat:



    With debuffs in the top right:



    OOC targeting someone (under the crest is target's target's name and health percentage):



    The WA are class colored (or reaction if the target is an NPC) and I have the crests for the classes I play. I would love to make the panel under the minimap only appear on mouseover, but so far haven't found how to do that. I also would love to change the formatting of the ElvUI auras, but it appears I can only change the global font. Just not a fan of Expressway for CD texts, as well as the red border on debuffs.
    I really like this! Really digging the player/target unit frames, although i think id remove the triangular graphic on the end. Love the choice of font as well.

    If you want to change the font for the ElvUI aura buffs, you might have to dig into the .lua file for ElvUI and see if the font is referenced there.

  4. #24764
    Stood in the Fire Jngizu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Busan
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    I really like this! Really digging the player/target unit frames, although i think id remove the triangular graphic on the end. Love the choice of font as well.

    If you want to change the font for the ElvUI aura buffs, you might have to dig into the .lua file for ElvUI and see if the font is referenced there.
    Thanks, i love your minimalist setup, too. How did you achieve the white border? WA or you modified the ElvUI bg color (but then everything is white lol). Same with the auras, all WA?

  5. #24765
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    After many weeks of tweaking and taking inspiration from this thread, it looks like I finally found a UI that I really like. I can't take much credit from it as I just took parts from other people and put them together.

    The WA are class colored (or reaction if the target is an NPC) and I have the crests for the classes I play. I would love to make the panel under the minimap only appear on mouseover, but so far haven't found how to do that. I also would love to change the formatting of the ElvUI auras, but it appears I can only change the global font. Just not a fan of Expressway for CD texts, as well as the red border on debuffs.
    What are the unit frames? I'm really liking them.

  6. #24766
    Stood in the Fire Jngizu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Busan
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    What are the unit frames? I'm really liking them.
    Weakauras. But I just modified the ones from Leaf/Frostily. Would need to ask them permission for sharing my WA.

  7. #24767
    Quote Originally Posted by Afenar View Post
    Love your ui really. but your WAs more. they are perfect for every class. thank you so much for your work.

    short question, have you updated the texture or is it, bc the right texture are only in your ui?

  8. #24768
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Thanks, i love your minimalist setup, too. How did you achieve the white border? WA or you modified the ElvUI bg color (but then everything is white lol). Same with the auras, all WA?
    THanks! I'm fairly certain that the borders are the pixel borders in WA that i colored white. Everything there (other than action bar) is done with WA.

    Edit: the "border" that the action bar has is just a white square shape made with WAs lol

    Updated WIP:

    Disregard Brew buffs as WW, they are just placeholders to show Ui usage

    For the progress bars: Left-most bar is HP, then Energy, then Chi. For other classes its the same, except instead of Energy its Maelstrom/Rage/Focus etc, and the chi bar is replaced by an exact same bar but for Runes/Holy Power/Combo points etc.

    For some exceptional classes that don't have "secondary resource bar" but definitely have secondary resources (looking at you Prot paladin), I'm working on a bar that tracks those in place of the Chi bar.
    Last edited by bjordin; 2018-02-14 at 02:33 PM.

  9. #24769
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Weakauras. But I just modified the ones from Leaf/Frostily. Would need to ask them permission for sharing my WA.
    How do you create non-rectangular health bars with WA?

  10. #24770
    Last edited by Yohagi; 2018-02-14 at 08:02 PM.

  11. #24771
    What particular fonts are you guys fond of whenever crafting UIs? I'm still stuck on finding good fonts that aren't basic stuff like Engimatic.

  12. #24772
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    What particular fonts are you guys fond of whenever crafting UIs? I'm still stuck on finding good fonts that aren't basic stuff like Engimatic.
    I use Dajova Shared Media. I have found it on Tukui Client. There is a lot of good fonts.

  13. #24773
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    What particular fonts are you guys fond of whenever crafting UIs? I'm still stuck on finding good fonts that aren't basic stuff like Engimatic.
    im a big fan of Decalotype Bold

  14. #24774
    Quote Originally Posted by navaler View Post
    Love your ui really. but your WAs more. they are perfect for every class. thank you so much for your work.

    short question, have you updated the texture or is it, bc the right texture are only in your ui?
    thank you! ^_^
    some of textures available from elvui, some from my ui

  15. #24775
    Stood in the Fire Jngizu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Busan
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by bjordin View Post
    snip
    IIRC you use ElvUI, did you disable the unitframes of you hide them somewhere? Wish vertical UF were built-in :/.

    E: Also, forgot to reply to your comment about the triangular shapes around the UF. I tried removing them, but it looks better that way. It makes the UI more balanced with the big crest. The reason I've changed my UI so so much the last few weeks is because I couldn't decide between something graphic, or something very minimalist. This kinda strikes a good balance between both I think. Although I'm still on the fence about it tbh lol.
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2018-02-15 at 10:42 AM.

  16. #24776
    Blademaster bjordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    IIRC you use ElvUI, did you disable the unitframes of you hide them somewhere? Wish vertical UF were built-in :/.

    E: Also, forgot to reply to your comment about the triangular shapes around the UF. I tried removing them, but it looks better that way. It makes the UI more balanced with the big crest. The reason I've changed my UI so so much the last few weeks is because I couldn't decide between something graphic, or something very minimalist. This kinda strikes a good balance between both I think. Although I'm still on the fence about it tbh lol.
    I have my player frame docked at the bottom of my UI near my micro bar just so i can leave party/change loot spec/etc. I disabled target frame. I still use ElvUI frames for Party, Raid, and focus targets.

    I think your UI is a good mixture of both. I think id choose a different style of triangle shape (maybe something more simple) but i do agree it makes a nice balance.

  17. #24777
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    What particular fonts are you guys fond of whenever crafting UIs? I'm still stuck on finding good fonts that aren't basic stuff like Engimatic.
    Homespun and Roboto Black are my two current favorites.

  18. #24778
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    What particular fonts are you guys fond of whenever crafting UIs? I'm still stuck on finding good fonts that aren't basic stuff like Engimatic.
    I have accumulated dozens of fonts over the years, some that look great online but turn out to look poor ingame so its just trial and error, but I still go back to the old favourites like Expressway, especially as Im favouring a more classic fantasy UI look at the moment as opposed to most custom UIs these days that are contemporary, all bright colours and straight lines!

  19. #24779

    Chance for an Upload?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medestruit View Post
    Been using this for a few months now, basically mostly the same UI I've run for a year or so with some tweaks here and there

    Couple little hidden things you wouldn't notice here and there, etc

    Any chance for an upload with your setup? I love how minimal and clean it is with lots of screen space!!!

  20. #24780

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •