Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Sacrifice ??

Hey quick question how important do you think this ability is going to be in raid pve content. I have been wondering how this is a good ability? I am just trying to figure out if i missed something big with this ability? Thanks in advance!

_urbania

Re: Divine Sacrifice ??

For prot, it comes down to DS+2/3 touched or 3/3 imp. devo, depending if you have a tree permanently or not.

I'm personally not going to touch it until we find that there's a gimmick fight which requires I use it, in which case ill pick it up while listening to 3 other tanking classes whine about not being able to be a raid-wide punching bag

Maybe usefull on some events or while playing arena.

I'm not certain why something that reduces damage is so often ignored as a holy ability... but i guess that would be a 2nd spec for niche fights.

I would definitely take this talent as prot, and perhaps even as holy or ret. If nothing else you can take it as holy and ret just to get Divine Guardian which should seriously buff your Sacred Shield. Who knows, Divine Sacrifice might also be decent as well for these specs, just pop Divine Sacrifice + Bubble and you are significantly reducing the raids dmg taken.

As for prot it seems like a great ability when you are off tanking a fight that has lots of AoE, even without using it in conjunction with Divine Protection. Pop this ability and make the entire raid take significantly less dmg. All that damage will be focused on you, who has a much larger hp bar and lots of dmg reduction abilities.

I personally am not fond of the talent as a raid utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintry
    I'm not certain why something that reduces damage is so often ignored as a holy ability... but i guess that would be a 2nd spec for niche fights.
    Because taking the crit talents in the ret tree is more beneficial for Holy.

Also because both prot and ret paladins can bring Divine Sac.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I personally am not fond of the talent as a raid utility.
    Neither am I, for any spec. As Ret I'll be taking it to get to Divine Guardian. I may at some point use Divine Sac if there's a situation in which my Hand of Sac is on cooldown, only the main tank is taking damage, he's about to take a huge spike, and no one else has a cooldown to use.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe there will be many instances in Ulduar where speccing into this might be beneficial to the healers even if your the mt and there is a break in fighting like a phase switch
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak
    I believe there will be many instances in Ulduar where speccing into this might be beneficial to the healers even if your the mt and there is a break in fighting like a phase switch
    Specify even one such situation, please.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe during thorim fight when you need two tanks on him, you could blow your shield while you have the unbalancing strike mitigating damage until you taunt him back. Or during Hodir during his 40k frost hits

Maybe during thorim fight when you need two tanks on him, you could blow your shield while you have the unbalancing strike mitigating damage until you taunt him back. Or during Hodir during his 40k frost hits
    Thorim, possibly. But that same situation can be handled with Hand of Sacrifice.

Hodir, no. Too much possibility of the raid taking damage and killing you; say, 2-3 people failing on an icicle, a few standing still for a couple seconds too long, in addition to the huge spike the tank will take. Hand of Sac is again the better tool.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm wondering if both hand of sac and divine sac can stack

Daelak, Yes they do. 64% less damage to the stacked char.

As a 2nd holy spec i find it viable, for swapping out with 51/0/20 or whatever

15+ Year Old Account

In the event there is a short period of extremely high raid damage, Bubble/DS could save your raid. I'll be taking it as Ret mainly for improved SS in DG and a lack of better talents elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    In the event there is a short period of extremely high raid damage, Bubble/DS could save your raid. I'll be taking it as Ret mainly for improved SS in DG and a lack of better talents elsewhere.
    It'll be very situational. Also recall that the damage transferred is capped at 150% of your health. Assuming (my case, as a ret) about 25k raid buffed health, I can transfer a total of 37.5k damage. Assuming also that the entire raid is taking damage, I only transfer 1600 damage from any given raid member. If half of the raid is taking damage, it's only 3200 or so. It's honestly not an impressive ability if a lot of people are taking damage.

Of course, the ability will be on my bar. It's just not something I'll be routinely hitting.

15+ Year Old Account

Chain Divine Sac and HoS

If you brought around 5 paladins and chain HoS and Divine sac during the fight woudl be amazing

Re: Chain Divine Sac and HoS

If you brought around 5 paladins and chain HoS and Divine sac during the fight woudl be amazing
    Yeah. A well-coordinated group should have cooldown rotations set up if the fight calls for it. Hand of Sac is already part of that. If the fight allows for it, Divine Sac could be as well.

For example, when we were testing Iron Council hard mode, we needed to have a cooldown rotation on the guy tanking the big one. I did try Divine Sac on that fight, but ended up killing myself because some people were standing in a death rune (I think). Not a fight where I'd pop it without also using bubble...

Ya, I am not too sure why people are so quick to dismiss this ability either. For holy or ret sure, it's just "ok". It's only a tier 3 talent for one point though. What are you expecting, it to absorb all raid dmg and make the paladin invincible for 10 seconds?

If you are the main tank in your guild and ALWAYS main tanking this ability is probably gonna be pretty crappy for you. If you off tank, or you're ret, it's not THAT bad of an ability at all. In fact for an off tank it seems pretty damn nice actually.

Someone mentioned it only would absorb about 3600 dmg from about half the members in the raid if you use it as ret. Well for one, I have around 27k hp raid buffed, not 25k and this will be much higher in Uldaur gear. Second this isn't including Divine Guardian. Regardless though, that's 40k less dmg the raid takes over 10 seconds, maybe a life or two saved in a pinch, and thousands upon thousands of mana that doesn't have to be spent healing said dmg.

Really this talent shines for off tanks though. You can pop it when you are sitting around not really doing much on a boss fight but still need to be ready to tank or pick something up. If the raid is taking lots of AoE dmg, you pop this ability with your 40k hp and you just absorbed 120k dmg. If you use it 2 or three times a boss fight, that's almost a million damage not taken by anyone, all for 1 talent point (more if spec'd into Divine Guardian).

Idk, call me crazy but that seems pretty damn powerful.

Ill make a short reply

For pvp,it could be useful to all spec.

In PVE, it's for holy paladins,assuming you will only use the spell with Divine shield

why?

Ret + bubble : you gimp your dps,but you save the raid (wtf?!)
    Prot + Bubble : you live,the raid die? you dont save the raid
    Holy + bubble : You gimp nothing.. and you save the raid,while you keep the healing up like a champ.

life is so simple!