Slow heals since 3.1

So, on the last few ulduar raids I went to (25 mans) I just felt that the classic HL spam just doesn't cut it anymore without the occasional HS ==> infusion of light ==> HL.

I felt that all my heals were being sniped right before my eyes, and so I had to cancel my cast. Did anyone else experience this or is it just me? Because personally, the infusion of light nerf hit me pretty hard.

Was just wondering if anyone else felt the same (and started using FoL a bit more) or that it's just the healers in my raidgroup sniping my heals >

Re: Slow heals since 3.1

More haste maybe? I wasn't there so i can't really help you a whole bunch but let me ask you this, did you have a druid in the raid? Because if you did i'm sure you know very well that they like to keep the raid topped of with there "smart heals". On a related note, did the raid wipe because of you constantly not getting a heal off? Because if they didn't then they probably didn't really need your heals atm. or it could also be that your all so geared that the big heals aren't needed, dont worry we still have the biggest heal in game atm so don't give up hope. lastly always remember when shit hits the fan paladins have the tools to bring a geared tank from almost dead to full in a matter of seconds. other then that you'll have to isolate the problem for me to try and help anymore. *cheers*

Infusion of light -> Flash of Light, if a fast heal is needed.

Im actually thinking of going into prot instead of ret for the improved SS and 5% healing and using primarily FoL+ glyph of FoL, HS, and Light. doing so will make you 1) a damage spunge when there's big raid wide dmg and 2) unparalleled tank healer.

and for those saying that you need the crit from ret, this build wouldn't as your crit would come from Glyph of FoL and SS, glyph of HS will allow for more frequent IoLs allowing for more insta FoLs and then Divine Sac + bubble = better dmg absorbtion than a tank.

still trying to decide on geming, with my gear I have 545 haste with the only haste gem/enchant being the enchant on my cloak. so Im not sure if gemming haste would halp any. I could see an emphasis on intel + some sp being the setup there, as with talents and gear/enchants/gems my crit is at 36% unbuffed (ie HS crit chance is around 50% unbuffed).

edit: this spec
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...3&version=9767

your LoH could also be used proactively as an armor buff instead of an actual heal too. (for like a soft enrage). this spec also falls VERY well in line with the 4 pc holy bonus (allows SS to proc every 4 seconds instead of 6).

Yah since theres no more fast cast holy lights im focusin more on SP and FoL with Imp. Devotion Aura plus the other prot talents that increase overall healing done. My FoL's are close to 4.5 - 5k non crit so to me thats a pretty nice 1.2 second cast.

My holy light's w/o infusion cast at 1.48 seconds, are we really complaining that a nuke heal at less than the base GCD is too slow?
    Quelana - Blood Furnace

Quote Originally Posted by Quelana
    My holy light's w/o infusion cast at 1.48 seconds, are we really complaining that a nuke heal at less than the base GCD is too slow?
    How much haste do u have stackedd and what r u sacrificing for it.

I will be getting some more haste, just switching the JC trinket out for Spark of Life likely. Not that I really need the mana from the JC trinket. (my HL's cast at 1.78 speed I think, 38.x holy crit.

and yeah we had a druid or 2 in the raid, but I didn't see it being a problem before 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by modrn
    How much haste do u have stackedd and what r u sacrificing for it.
    My holy light´s are something like this also, and thats whith the haste from naxx hc-gear that i didnt want in the first place.

Also to be fair paladins are MT-healers and should´nt complain about druids doing more raid-healing.

i'm not sure what fight you're on, but so far i'm almost always top on heal meters, BUT THIS DOESN'T MATTER. your need to be doing whatever you're assigned to. if you do 50% less healing than everyone else but keep your MT full so that the raid healers don't have to heal him you've done just as much as they have. also, if ppl are sniping your heals on the more difficult fights and not doing what they're assigned to, ppl will die- period.

my HL is about 1.48 secs as well and i usually end up casting about 60-70. also who you have your beacon up on can really affect the raid. you simply need to learn the fights, know what your raid is going to do and adjust heals accordingly. HL spam is still incredibly viable if you are able to handle the mana output (ie crit!). FoL is fairly week unless there is no one under 90%.

I know all these things that have been said, and I'm not QQing about meters (for the record, I still top them). but when I get assigned to healing my part of the raid on the Razorscale (or whats her face) and my heals get sniped right before my eyes ... I mean yeah ...

This is likely just a 'mental' thing where I have to adjust to missing the Infusion of Light + HL

Or it could just be that the other healers lifted their face from their keyboard now

Flash of light, even with divinity + devotion aura (remember that you normally run with a resto druid or a prot paladin already), won't be enough for most of the fights on Ulduar. Going deep prot can be really usefull for raid-wide shield walls, but for raw healing ret is still better.

E.g: For razorscale ret worked better for me, i could spam holy light the entire fight without going oom. For XT I found shield wall really usefull for the earthquake, plus it isn't a very healing intensive fight (when not in hard mode)