Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

Heroic LK hands down. The second phase alone is harder than any other boss fight in the game. There is not a single ability in the game as unforgiving as defile, especially when you have so many valkyr flying around that can't be killed.

I really don't understand why everyone thinks C'thun was a nerf when it was most obviously a fix and that's why it wasn't beatable. There's a huge difference between that and an actual nerf to a boss. By all means though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah
    I Think the Hardest Fight for melee classes is the fight vs Mimiron.
    Phase1-3 are quite easy, but in Phase 4 you have to look out for:
    - rockets which are hard to see
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - you still want to deal as much dps as possible
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)
    Rockets are hard to see? HARD TO SEE? Only when that blot is in fire maybe. AND YOU SHOULDN'T STAND IN FIRE ANYWAYS.
    Mines are hard? It's not that you have only half second to plan how to avoid them, DO YOU?

C'thun was taken to 2% prior to the nerf, I wouldn't call him impossible, but damn near it. They got him to 2%, ALMOST Killed. He was definitely killable, they just didn't get enough attempts.

That said, Most people who've downed it say that Of any fight they've fought in the game: LK25HM and M'uru remain the 2 hardest fights in the game.

Personally the hardest boss I've fought was Curator prior to nerf. Sparks 1shotting whoever they hit with less then 200 resistance was horrible. But I haven't seen very much top-end content. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah
    I Think the Hardest Fight for melee classes is the fight vs Mimiron.
    Phase1-3 are quite easy, but in Phase 4 you have to look out for:
    - rockets which are hard to see
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - you still want to deal as much dps as possible
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)
    Mimiron is not even close to the hardest boss. Not even Firefighter (mimiron HM) is.
    The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

i cant decide between Yogg +0 keepers and m'uru. muru was known as the guild breaker since many guilds disbanded after spending hours of wiping at that boss. but again, yoggy+0 has been killed by 10-15 guilds at most so my vote goes to yoggy.

also stop saying c'thun pre nerf. it wasnt a nerf it was a bug that made him that strong.

10+ Year Old Account

Uhh. A lot more than 10-15 guilds have killed Yogg +0.
    Probably close to 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea
    Probably close to 1000.
    691 actually, from wowprogress.com.

Deleted

Im gonna say yogg +0 pre nerf just because there are so many idiots saying cthun pre nerf oh btw yogg was nerfed before stars could down him with 0 watchers

Q: Did Yogg +0 get any nerf? Does the nerfs affect the meaning of the kill?
    A: Yogg was tuned several times after Ulduar ships:
    1. P1 and P3 adds health nerf
    2. Sara’s health nerf
    3. Death Ray will not affect DCed targets any more.
    4. Corruptor Tentacles spawn faster, and Blink/Shadowstep can be used now.
    AND this is the most recent change:
    5. The hidden protection mechanic of Sanity increased to 40%

10+ Year Old Account

only looked through the first 5 or so pages and didnt see it so it has to be said...

the SSC elevator!

bad memories

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mesija
    So what do you guys think it is?

I started playing in TBC so can't really say.

Ofc i'm asking the hardest fight before nerfs(and dont count buggs).

Also dont say "algalon" becose you have not seen him
    Lol if you are saying that, you have not seen algalon. He's not hard.
    The only decently hard stuff in vanilla was naxx people didn't have a lot of time in there before BC.
    AQ was never hard, stop throwing the word pre nerf around to sound relevant.
    Heroic Lich King is bar none the hardest fight in wow ever. Followed by heroic putricide.

Don't reply with nonsense unless you have achv's to add credibility to your rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea
    Probably close to 1000.
    i was talkin about pre nerf

10+ Year Old Account

That's not what you said, though.
    Forgive those of us who are foolish enough to assume you mean what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by holycow385
    Lol if you are saying that, you have not seen algalon. He's not hard.
    /facepalm

Look at the date of the post you're replying to?

Personally I'd think that Lich King heroic mode is the hardest. It's extremely unforgiven and tuned really tight. Yogg Saron was also very hard, but I don't think(I can't really say for sure though) it was harder than the Lich King due to the different mechanics of said fights.

M'uru pre-nerf was pretty darn hard too.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine
    i was talkin about pre nerf
    Yogg.. wasnt nerfed? buffed if you ask me, as they removed fok interrupt!

15+ Year Old Account

I'm going to lock this, since it was a very, very old thread (initial post over a year ago) and we already have a similar active (and much more recent) thread here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...d-the-longest/

Please do continue the discussion there.