Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideal Retri raid set-up

Hey Folks

When raiding, it could be 10 or 25 man, what is the ideal set-up for Retribution Paladin's in order to buff our DPS. Which classes complement us best, in terms of buffs, debuffs, anything else that could be hidden, that increases our DPS.

There are the obvious ones, 2nd Paladin for King's, 3rd for BOW, DK Horn for Str and Agi, Enhancement Shaman for melee haste, Heroism/BL etc.

What do other classes bring that buff us, what debuffs do other classes put on the target that increase our DPS.

I'm interested to know which other classes I need to show more love to when we raid : -)
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ideal Retri raid set-up

Gift of the Wild, speaking for myself.
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

15+ Year Old Account

Intelect buff
    improved spirit buff
    trueshot aura, unleashed rage or anything similiar 10% increase AP
    mages 3% spell crit increase
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

if you're asking this question I doubt it's in your power to decide who comes to a raid.

So why ask when you don't make the decisions anyway?

you profit from almost every raidbuff there is. spellpower, spellcrit, spellhit, increased spelldamage taken and so on, besides the obvious meleebuffs ofc. btw the dks ebon plaque is the best buff you can get in the spelldamagedepartment.

also you shouldnt forget that, for example, the hastebuff can also be provided by dk's and the horn of winter effect can also be provided by shamans strength of earth totem. BoM -> battleshout, BoW -> mana spring totem(yep then dont stack anymore) and many, reaaaaaly many more. retpalas can never have enough raidbuffs!

Enh shaman -> totem + bl + unleashed rage
    Fury warrior -> imp BS + rampage
    Moonkin -> 5% spellcrit + gotw
    Arcane mage -> AI + 3% crit

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubsz
    Moonkin -> 5% spellcrit + gotw
    Arcane mage -> AI + 3% crit
    I hope you aren't serious.

Spell crit only affects exorcism, which is a retarded small portion of our damage. And crit doesn't scale well at all.

And Arcane intellect is equally useless.

Judgement is holy dmg you know that right? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I hope you aren't serious.

Spell crit only affects exorcism, which is a retarded small portion of our damage. And crit doesn't scale well at all.

And Arcane intellect is equally useless.
    A buff is still a buff how ever small it is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa
    A buff is still a buff how ever small it is ...
    Yeah but the OP is asking about ideal raid buffs.

10% spell crit is like, 5dps. Maybe.

It's like saying totem of wrath is a good ret paladin buff. When it doesn't buff us at all.

I'm waiting for someone to tell me misery is a must have for rets.

Plug spell crit into ANY spreadsheet and watch the numbers move the slightest amount. Fractions.

It's also a ranged physical attack and scales with melee crit and attack power. Not spell power.

Seal of command is the only judgement that has spell power scaling, martyr completely scales with AP

wow..

You can get every possible buff and debuff with like 15 people. But if I had to choose just two...

Enhancement Shaman or Frost DK for attack speed.
    Warlock or Unholy DK for increased spell damage taken.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Warlock or Unholy DK for increased spell damage taken.
    This is the only caster buff that's worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Seal of command is the only judgement that has spell power scaling, martyr completely scales with AP
    I think what your trying to say is that martyr/blood the only seal that scales with min/max weapon damage and only weapon damage. The judgment effect for martyr/blood actually scales off of weapon damage, AP, and SP. Command is also not the only seal that scales with SP either as corruption/vengeance scales with it as well. Corruption/vengeance judgments scales with AP and SP, while commands judgment scales with ap,sp and weapon damage.

Judgements are designed as holy damage 10yd "ranged melee" attacks; they gain some portion of their damage from spellpower, some portion of attack power, and use melee crit and hit. In fact the only "spells" ret paladins have are Exorcism and Holy Wrath (and arguably Consecration), though a 3% crit buff is a buff regardless in my opinion. :P
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

Enh. Shaman + Fury warr - GG

Blood DK or trueshot aura hunter, enh shaman or icy talons dk, fury warr and prolly feral

Everyone knows there's a link to the left called "Raid Composition" right?

It's not completely up to date with every change, but it works well. For example,

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

is all you need to get every buff and debuff. Lots of flexibility in your raid setups. There are other ways to do it, too.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis
    Judgements are designed as holy damage 10yd "ranged melee" attacks; they gain some portion of their damage from spellpower, some portion of attack power, and use melee crit and hit. In fact the only "spells" ret paladins have are Exorcism and Holy Wrath (and arguably Consecration), though a 3% crit buff is a buff regardless in my opinion. :P
    Half true. All non-Martyr and non-Command Judgements are considered SPELLS. I.E. Judging when you have SoW, SoL, SoV, SoCor, SoR, or SoJ will work off your spell hit/crit.