Thread: haste -.-

haste -.-

hi am kinda new to the shadow tree but i heard that you skip imp mind blast at a certain haste? what is it.
    would love to know //thx

Pretty sure, you don't

You skip Improved Mind Blast when you have a) 4pc10 bonus (not the legs) at 264 level (or higher), and b) when you have a double digit ping.

If these conditions can be met, with proper stat and casting priorities, then it may be beneficial to drop Improved Mind Blast, and lower/remove Mind Blast from your casting (only to keep Replenishment up, have one GCD before needing to refresh Vampiric Touch, etc).

If these conditions do not apply to you, be it from lack of gear quality, or a sub-par connection, then you don't drop Improved Mind Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You skip Improved Mind Blast when you have a) 4pc10 bonus (not the legs) at 264 level (or higher), and b) when you have a double digit ping.

If these conditions can be met, with proper stat and casting priorities, then it may be beneficial to drop Improved Mind Blast, and lower/remove Mind Blast from your casting (only to keep Replenishment up, have one GCD before needing to refresh Vampiric Touch, etc).

If these conditions do not apply to you, be it from lack of gear quality, or a sub-par connection, then you don't drop Improved Mind Blast.
    How would a double digit latency influence whether to drop mind blast or not seeing as you can queue spells.

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    How would a double digit latency influence whether to drop mind blast or not seeing as you can queue spells.
    Spell Queue has no meaning when your primary spell is channeled, and you're trying to get within a tenth of a second on your DoT reapplications.

This isn't a mage. Latency matters.

Ok so if you arent clipping your mind flay is dropping mind blast not a dps increase playin on australian internet clipping is almost impossible to do after the second tick

As soon as you get 4set T10 bonus (and around 800 haste) you can start using MB only after each recasting of VT. When you start doing this you obviously don't need anymore those 5 talent points. When using haste pots and during heroism i drop it completly (only thing I check before doing this is if there's someone else who can keep replenish up)

Deleted
    Actually the cap after which you should drop MB doesn't solely depend on your Haste and 4PT10 bonus but also on your spell power considering that MF benefits from 57% of your Spell Power when MB benefits from 42.86%. If you want to be sure whether dropping MB is a theoretical DPS increase for your character run a simcraft.

Now like Kelesti said, the higher your latency the more time you lose "between" each MF channeling, which makes MB better DPS than MF for most players until near BIS gear.

If you decide to drop improved MB you shouldn't use MB after a VT, use it before a DP or VT refresh when you don't have enough time for a Mind Flay but casting DP/VT would result into clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoshik View Post
    Actually the cap after which you should drop MB doesn't solely depend on your Haste and 4PT10 bonus but also on your spell power considering that MF benefits from 57% of your Spell Power when MB benefits from 42.86%. If you want to be sure whether dropping MB is a theoretical DPS increase for your character run a simcraft.

Now like Kelesti said, the higher your latency the more time you lose "between" each MF channeling, which makes MB better DPS than MF for most players until near BIS gear.

If you decide to drop improved MB you shouldn't use MB after a VT, use it before a DP or VT refresh when you don't have enough time for a Mind Flay but casting DP/VT would result into clipping.
    Yes, it does depend on a lot of factors, but the easy way is have double digit ping and 4pc t10 that is at least ilvl 264. By having at least ilvl 264 4pc t10, one can assume that you also have mostly ilvl 264 and that your haste, crit and SP is up to the point that dropping MB could mean a dps gain. Also, you might not notice a dps increase because as you gain more haste, more MF/dot conflicts happen.

I've never heard of any of this before... but now that this post has been made... it has me curious.

Should I drop mind blast from MY rotation based on these factors?

- Double Digit MS most of the time (high 90s)

- 1233 Haste (unbuffed)

- 3078 (with Heroic Dislodged and Regular Phylactery Lich Trinket)

- 29.70% crit

If I could simply drop mind blast from my priority list my life would be a lot easier. Thanks.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Go to: http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t84746-s...7/#post1563034

And use the spreadsheet at the bottom to check to see if the DPET of MF is greater than the DPET of MB. If it is, then try dropping MF out of your rotation for a raid night, if you don't see a noticeable dps loss, then it doesn't matter if you keep MB in the rotation. If you see a dps loss, then you should keep MB in the rotation.

with r set t10 you barely use it, but anyways, where would you put the left over points..

Maxed out Focused Mind for longer DPS burn (not needing Dispersion as often), full Improved Vampiric Embrace, hell even grab Silence. Deathwhisper sucks serious ass when your traditional interrupters get MC'd just before a Frostbolt, every little bit helps. I'm still of the opinion she's one of the harder hard modes, despite not dropping a "Heroic" token.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Maxed out Focused Mind for longer DPS burn (not needing Dispersion as often), full Improved Vampiric Embrace, hell even grab Silence. Deathwhisper sucks serious ass when your traditional interrupters get MC'd just before a Frostbolt, every little bit helps. I'm still of the opinion she's one of the harder hard modes, despite not dropping a "Heroic" token.

Except when your raid runs with 6 druids in the raid. Then it's not all that bad.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

6 Druids is exceptionally bad for her. Can't traditionally Fear them, or Polymorph them, but I guess it does give you more options with Cyclone. Fair enough. I just have trouble losing Warlocks and Trees at the same time [size=1](or a Warlock goes down via Enhancement Shaman tearing his face off, and the Tree runs rampant next time). Maybe my raid should invest in more druids.