balance druid pvp: any idea's on openers

hi
    i've been playin with a rogue for a couple of days, and i wonder, whats best opener:
    -cyclone when sap wears off
    -instant burst
    -heal rogue a bit
    -??

hope u know whats best

Re: balance druid pvp: any idea's on openers

Hrm, usually if your looking for good quality advice you would elaborate a little more then "I took a shit in the room and don't know what to do." Boomkin PvP is pretty hard to do as it is. Provide your armory link, talent build, rogues armory link ...

Deleted

Indeed with ragall, Boomkin havn't been the best class in PvP these seasons (s5/s6), and it's take skills to get a high rating, or atleast a brain... You really don't have time to get out of the form (if first your enemy see you are out of form, they will attack you, and will most likely spend all of their's CD to get you down), and go back, to attack again... It takes time, and you might even find it hard to keep yourself alive, so..

Anyways, link your armory etc. so we can discuss this more.

First of all keep your partner up, if there is casters dont stay on moonkin form.
    For melee let your partner open start with roots, use pets and start cyclone if there is healer.
    Dont forget when your target is low and there is healer cyclone that low hp target and right away cyclone healer and burst your target down.
    When you open combat make sure you have good position if there is warrior or DK try avoid charge or death grip or you are most likely done.

GL hope this help any, my ratings are 1667 atm so i am far from pro.

Key to win focus cyclone macro: /cast [harm, target=target] [target=focus] Cyclone

Been PvP'ing a wee bit, been ages since I last done it.

Found that Treants + Starfall is such a nice combo. Just make sure they don't stun you.

SF, treants, MF and IS and running away and 15 secs later the warr was dead. Was much fun.

Rogues still kill me before the stun wears off, but Starfall is so much fun.

I really haven't tried Boomkin/Rogue, but this is how I would at least try to set it up if it was a dps/healer.

If your going to take out the dps first then you probably wan't to get the healer to use his trinket, otherwise your CD's will probably be wasted and GL surviving as boomkin to get to use them again. So I'd say start off sapping the healer and immediately open on the dps, don't use your CD's just yet. After sap let the rogue Blind the healer, this is where you would pop your cooldowns. Get starfall, Trees, MF, and IS up on the dps, by then the blind should be wearing off and its time to cyclone.

If the healer is a druid you can't sap him if he is in tree form (which if hes not against a rogue then he probably sucks anyway) so you may have better luck CC'ing the dps like above and nuking the druid.

You will have to time your CC's basically, if you miss your shot with your CD's I doubt you will live long enough to try again (at least until they do something about moonkin survivability).

(Haven't really PvP'd in WOTLK as a moonkin so idk if this would work, but it would be something I would of tried. Also keep in mind that Blind & Cyclone no longer share DRs)

Blind (Rogue) is now in the same diminishing returns category as Fear effects, but no longer shares diminishing returns with Cyclone (Druid).

kk to help ppl, here's my armory link:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&n=Feralwuzzy

it might be possible i have pve gear on tho, my pvp gear is like: 800 resi, 20k hp, 1.7k sp znd about 13.5%crit(out of moonkin)

Get Barkskin Glyph, its a life saver. Am sitting at 900 resi atm and i can survive 25 naxx raidgeared feral Stealth opener with it, with 3 stack LB and reju i can take it in caster form if need be. Once you try it, you never go back. Id eaven say, who ever you play with, get barkskin glyph :P Bear in mind, after the 10 sec your dead meat! So learn to get most out of the 10 sec that barkskin gives you.

Also, try to arrange your focus lb+ normal lb + drinking so that you can cast them in easy sequence. You can stack 3 lb on both, drink, keep the lbs running, drink. Rince and repeat and you actyally get more mana than you use to keep them up. Not prolly the most useful trick to do for u guys (double stealth start), but for me, with a lock partner, its a life saver from time to time. Nice to have it available if need be is what im trying to say. 3 stack lb bloom is around 7k non crit for me.. so you can count on getting atleast 3k health when it blooms in arena enviroment.

Also, you might want to hold back with the Star Fall with rogue. Either have it out cylone, cyclone on target 2. straight on, or let rogue use his CD:s and then use SFall+ cyclon cyclone. Be smart with it, when you can use it, and how you can aply more pressure with it. Basicly id say just deside before you open will it be used in the opener or not. Our way is to use it if we open on the healer to kill him/her outright, and if we open to dps we use it after the fears to help finnish of the dps.

One last basic, basic stuff: use tranquility, it heals a ton and can be used as a emergency go to button. Gives you time to think a bit, get your bearings if you have lost them and isnt that fuzzy on being in los. Easy healing with mimimum effort. With SL/SL (thou he mostly uses Destro for the fun of it) spec on my lock partner i can out heal quite a bit of incoming and id imagine that with evasion/cos on your partner, youll be able to out heal full out nuke with nicely timed tranq. Mine is about 3k a tick. Have to check the exact numbers at some point. + you can count that who ever is trying to get to your rogue, will start figuring ways to interrupt your healing Hey, at least you got some pressure out of your dmg dealing, backstabing, havoc wreking friend. Cause lets face it, if you didnt get it to 2vs1 in the opening, your going to be the one trying to help rogue get the best out of him. Id eaven go state that 9 out of 10 times, youll be the one to feel the pressure after the first 15 sec. Cause we are squishy

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

I don't think Tranquility is affected by LoS either, so as long as your partner is in range you can hide behind something and heal both of you up. Harder for them to stop you this way too

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    I don't think Tranquility is affected by LoS either, so as long as your partner is in range you can hide behind something and heal both of you up. Harder for them to stop you this way too
    You do NOT want to go doing that too often. Situational at best but it will kill your mana pool and is too easily broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    You do NOT want to go doing that too often. Situational at best but it will kill your mana pool and is too easily broken.
    Well its on a 10 min CD, so you shouldn't have time to use it more than once per game. If you have Nature's Focus then you have 70% reduction to pushbacks, but more than likely you will have to barkskin + tranquility if you want the full effect. Also hiding behind something will give you a few extra ticks.

and obviously its situational, but if your both dead your mana really doesn't matter does it?

Most things in PvP are situational, in a long mana fight using tranq might be the key for your team loosing, against fast pased double dps opening or something similar it might be just the thing that lets you kill the first one with out loosing one of you. THEN youll have time to go bit more defencive and maybe eavane drink a bit while your team mate keeps the pressure up unders your HoTs. Just saying that its a tool, that gets over looked quite a bit cause of the cost... but tool nevertheless.

Khad

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.