The decent ret loots are actually out there

With the Ensidia kill, they got a pair of plate dps bracers that actually have two(2) good stats for ret pallys. Glad to see that rets didn't get completely hosed in the whole ArP storm. Sucks that we have to down Mimiron on hard mode to get them tho.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...26_9806_19.jpg

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Re: The decent ret loots are actually out there

Wow, some1 sure is a bit bitter.
    You shouldn't be taking a thread as a personal insult you know...

That said... Its true that there are plenty of decent armor pieces around in Ulduar.

Dakh, you're a clown. Look at the bracer options that have been discovered prior to these. ArP, ArP, ArP!!! With ~40% of our damage affected by Armor Penetration, they are all mediocre for rets. I didn't say that I was drooling over these newly discovered bracers. I merely mentioned that they have stats that a pally can use. Haste was on the gear but how many pallys really wanted haste?? Most rets were under hitcap, under expcap, and loaded down with haste because T7 4pc pwnt. To get that 4pc, we had to wear a full set of Redemption gear that had haste on damn near every piece.

Chill out and read a bit more carefully. Know other classes and understand that haste was not an "OMFG RET STAT!!!".

Most of the weapons and both of the bracers discovered had ArP on them. Even the BiS 2H had it. Just sayin that Blizz went out of their way to offer a pantload of ArP to anyone that wanted it when creating the lootlist for Ulduar and they did so right after nerfing the effectiveness of ArP.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

armor pen really isnt that bad. I run like 15% and its nice.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    Look, the point is, you're not "hoses" if you don't have it worse than anybody else. You've had it better gearing than anybody else until Ulduar, and now you're on equal terms. No one is hosed. It was merely the implication that Ret is somehow struggling to find their gear in Ulduar that I found ridiculous. Bracers are one slot and the least significant of any armor slot at that. Not a huge deal, you can deal with a little ArP on 1 piece of gear as long as its an upgrade to your overall DPS from the hit/crit or hit/exp 213 plate bracers.
    So you are saying that I should willingly "upgrade" to a pair of bracers that essentially only have 3.25 stats over a pair of bracers that have 4 stats that come in slightly less amounts?? Armor Pen "really isn't that bad" is very false. Let me go ahead and drop a stat that strongly increases my dps for one that only slightly increases a fraction of my damage. Fail.

Compare the amount of haste on the ret T7 set to any other class/spec in the game. We were given that much haste prior to the haste buff and Seal of Blood change that made haste much more desirable. Even now, haste is not #1. So, rets were essentially forced to wear gear that had more of a less desirable stat that anyone else. That equals hosed. If we had been given stats like those of DKs, Warriors, Rogues or any other class we would have been better off. Hitcap of 263 and most rets were/are running around with 150-180 hit. Expertise was even more difficult to cap unless you went out of your way to reach the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    With the Ensidia kill, they got a pair of plate dps bracers that actually have two(2) good stats for ret pallys. Glad to see that rets didn't get completely hosed in the whole ArP storm. Sucks that we have to down Mimiron on hard mode to get them tho.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...26_9806_19.jpg
    Well, there is something you can look forward to - your UH DK friends are going to be super pissed, because to them, haste is yet another worthless stat. As is ArP. So there are classes that are still suffering from worse itemization issues then you.
    That and their T8 set bonuses such a joke, blizzard had to actually nerf T7 gear after 3.1 just to get them to upgrade to T8.

Heartwarming thought - no matter how badly things are going for you, there is always someone who's worse off

LMAO. Haste/crit gear is EVERYWHERE, along with tons and tons of plate DPS gear without ArP. Ret pallys have absolutely nothing to whine about, quit crying.

Ret Pallys have nothing to compare to the ridiculous flood of unwanted Haste that DK's were forced on them until this point, and even now there is still lots of haste.

Just because its balanced now, doesn't mean Ret pallys should be whining cause not every plate DPS gear is absolutely perfect for them.

Stop being selfish and greedy, your loot situation is no worse than ANY other Plate DPS class. The only difference is everyone else has caught up now and has equally plentiful options.
    Someone needs a hug....

15+ Year Old Account

LMAO. Haste/crit gear is EVERYWHERE
    define everywhere plz
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.4&fi...rv=0:0:0#0-2+1
    1 craft.. 1 hard mode.. 1 emblem of conquest and the tier? right everywhere...

before that.. hum t7 and the boot from Anoobrak thats it!
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Someone needs a hug....
    /kick in the nuts
    oups..

Yet even less gear with crit/ArP on it. Hit your own nuts for that fail. :

Repeat, Ret pallys have it no worse in Ulduar then anybody else. Every single drop in Naxx with haste on it was way better for Ret pallys than DK who wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Now its equal, you have some pieces perfectly itemized for you + your tier gear, we have some pieces perfectly itemized for us, everything is well with the world.

Fact: Any Pally who thinks they're "hosed" with Ulduar loot is a whiner. No one else has it any easier gearing up. Except Warriors, but oh well, they're not dominating us on damage meters as a result of their better itemization, so why whine? Whats important is how competitive your DPS is to everybody else.

PS - I think ALL plate DPS got hosed by the lack of expertise. But thats not class specific.
    [color=navy]You complain alot; Ret has about the same distaste for haste as Deathknights do.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag