why would blizz think im selling my acct....

i have just received a email that blizzard thinks i am selling/trading my acct..

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded.

i have never sold/bought/traded gold nor anything else to do with breaking there EULA so why would they suddenly think im selling my account?

Re: why would blizz think im selling my acct....

This is definately the place to ask.

because blizzard are evil and they hate everyone

it is very possible that its a fake, if you hover over the links to the site it says to go to is it a blizz site or other?

it's a scam. I'm not being paranoid and saying everything is, but this is a well documented scam that has been addressed on the WoW forums.

fakezor battle elixor
    ^makes sigz k?

ive gotten about 10 of these...send them to hacks@blizzard.com

it is a scam, if you notice they ask for your password...blizz will NEVER ask for your password...they will reset it but will never ask you for it.

100% scam DO NOT reply!

when i mouse over the link this is where it shows it goes
    <edited out the link>
    so it looks like a scam

Edit: Do not post links from phishing e-mails... Grimlor

I get them weekly... Can't get rid of them.

Anyway... I talked to a GM (first time I actually fell for it, but I got the account back.. Luckily) and if you ever get a mail from "Blizzard" containing links, then it's a scam!

After that, I actually started noticing how Blizzard writes, and they are really not putting much work into their mails :P

I had this e-mail as well. It looked fake when i saw it, but the funniest part was that it said Blizz-EU so that made it obvious. The site the link goes to isnt even a good fake.

yea i think they usually have your acct name when they email you.. this is the full email..
    n investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
    and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
    WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
    In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
    https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/logi...t%2Findex.html
    Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment

blizzard will never ask for your username and password. If they ask for it, its not blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account

if u had been reading their account sell/buy + gold sell/buy rules u would discover blizzard will never e-mail u without notifying u with an ingame mail with a blizzard logo on the mail.

im almost certain u can find link to this if u read about account rules or gold rules or even if u lose ur account and u get it retrieved
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

I get these weekly, it's of course a scam.

yea i figured as much that it was a scam.. just was checking since im at work and cant go in game to look .. gota love the blizz authenticator makes me feel safe :P