Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Soloing old world raids

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Here goes my list as a druid neways

ZG - Generally easy. Blood lord is harder than Hakkar lol

Kara - Attunmen, Moroes, Maiden . Like MC i will attempt the others at some point in time
    Out of curiosity, got any tips on what to do as a feral druid for soloing the Tiger boss in ZG?

And how would you do Moroes, i would think that with the boss + 4 adds all beating on you, you would take way more damage then you could realisticly survive through with just defensive cooldowns. And popping out of bear to heal sounds like it might be a sure fire trip to the graveyard. Also, how would you deal with garrote, that alone would be a lot of damage just ticking away.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Anononon
    When? and if you don't mind linking the patch notes, that'd be fantastic. I don't knock you for mentioning that, but my buddy did an MC run with 6-7 of his guildies 1 week after hitting level 80 (being a month or so after Wrath Release) and said they couldnt do rag because he was the only one with the Quintessence and it still had a 2 hour cooldown. If what you say is true, Rag goes down by me tonight
    This is true. Not sure about a blue post, but it's no longer needed.
    I believe this was changed in 3.0.8 or so.

Cleared ZG as prot and fury mix build (was really hard as my normal prot build )
    Havent really tried anything else latly doh.
    Dashivas prot warrior
    Avidha Prot paladin
    Daghain feral druid (tank)
    Soultheifs Frost DK (tank)
    Draghkar hunter
    Shayol Holy preist
    Shivaa resto shaman

All located on Vek'nilash

as prot pally i have soloed the mount bosses + some other bosses in zg. only the mountbosses that is worth the time soloed hakkar without priestes up as retri. or solo had a resto druid friend with me but i killed him under the first mc so i ended up soloing him anyway. in aq20 i only soloed the 2 first bosses. wasp boss is annoying tho. but just kite him to avoid the sandtrap and u should be fine. he hits for like 200 when i dont avoid the dmg :P . so the healing debuff isent so hard to counter. In kara i have soloed prince, moroes ,attument and some more bosses. The thing is that most 70bosses only hits for around 1500 on my pally with 26k armor? not at home or in protgear +spec atm so cant check :P so with full blockgear on most bosses is a joke

With my Protection Paladin,
    I've yet soloed all of ZG (Except the bat because no Improved HoJ),
    first Boss of AQ20 (Although I think the others are perfectly doable, too),
    Onyxia of course,
    Garr and Baron Geddon for Thunderfury (Although I equipped Holy Equip for Geddon)
    I "soloed" Nefarian (Thanks to everyone dieing to Shadow Flame when he landed),
    Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera Event (Oz, can't do R&J)

And I tried to solo the first boss of AQ40, but that one isn't doable if you have (like me) 0 Nature resistance

my list:

ony - of course
    MC - all except ragnaros, not sure how to avoid being knocked hi into the air..maybe i should read his abilities haha.
    zg - clear...jin do is not impossible with blood worms out, im not sure what keeps it going but ive done it 3 times.
    aq 20 - all but wasp and beetle as i ran out of time. and wasp is impossible
    kara - attune the huntsman, morroes, maiden, opera, shade

bwl and aq 40 to come

With my feral druid I can solo (if we farm them I also added the gold value for each instance incl. vendored items):
    -Onyxia (what a suprise) (~60G)
    -Azuregos (~200G)
    -ZG complete (incl. Jindo, who shortly evades every 15s after his mc) (~250G)
    -AQ20 exept Ayamiss (you can't hit her as melee in P1 and she sacrifices you), Buru is also quite a tough fight as its dot still does insane damage if he get to you (~250G)
    -Kara Attumen, Moroes, Maiden (there was no way I could solo the Wolf ^^)

Skilled as feral or resto together with a DK we managed to kill:
    -MC
    -Kara (~500G/player)
    -Doomwalker
    -the four green world dragons (~150G/player each)

Skilled as feral or resto together with a DK and arms warrior we managed to kill:
    -BWL (Vael is np btw, he is dead before the first tank (DK) dies, but dont attempt to use a manaclass in that fight ^^) (~500G/player)
    -AQ40 (Prophet is quite funny if he MCs one of the DDs, Twins are an epic evening filling fight as they simply run back to their previous target (DK castertwin, Warrior Melee twin), where you can do every phase about 1-4% real damage. For c'thun you will need every cd available if your swallowed, as the tantacles have to die instantly or he will "evade"

Not yet tried ZA (as you need 6 man to enter the instance), SSC ot TE - they should also be doable with 3 players.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Out of curiosity, got any tips on what to do as a feral druid for soloing the Tiger boss in ZG?

And how would you do Moroes, i would think that with the boss + 4 adds all beating on you, you would take way more damage then you could realisticly survive through with just defensive cooldowns. And popping out of bear to heal sounds like it might be a sure fire trip to the graveyard. Also, how would you deal with garrote, that alone would be a lot of damage just ticking away.
    Normaly i solo old content in my pvp spec because it Nurturing instinct but last night i couldnt be bothered respecing and just went with my tank spec .

Moroes: Tank gear.
    Focus healer first first pop barkskin and berserk of the bat stun the healer when it goes to heal and continue nuking. Switch back to swipe spam once zerking is out, once all adds are nearly dead hit Survival instinct and frenzied regen and that should put you back to either full or very close to full health so then you jsut have to deal with moroes and garrote. from what i found you have anywere between like 4 and 8 seconds of moroes being vanish, so each time he does it (after all adds are dead) you have time for a regrowth & a nourishes or 2. If your slow on killing him SI/regen combo should be back up for the enrage if not it doesnt matter to much

Tiger: DPS gear(used for any 60 lvl 20man content)
    /focus the healer and interrupt all heals with either feral charge or bash. other than that just swipe spam and tab target around so maul brings them all down equally if one is a fair bit higher than the others just target it and use mangle for a while then when they are all at ~20% hit berserk and they all die

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    bloodlord trash (in its room) are a pain for me in my pally.
    you only need to kill that one trash pack guarding the room and with those you just back you self against a wall and kill them then you can tank bloodlord in his tower or on the stairs

DK tank blood - I have soloed
    ZG - AQ20 - Kara - Molten Core(except Gehennas, and obv Majo Ragnaros since Gehennas' rune was still active) - Onyxia

Whole ZG as Prot and as Ret,
    AQ 20 all but Buru(or whatever the thing with Bleed is) ,
    Onyxia(doh), and Garr+Geddon from Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    Real tanks block with their hands. And parry with their dicks. Dodging is for pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by grymgroeth
    Hakkar, like the baroness in Strat, doesn't do MC against single targets. Even if there are other people there you won't see MC as long as they're just watching and don't get on the threat table.
    sorry hakkar is bugged if there is a person in the instance he will MC and reset

i have only solo'd onyxia, i despise zul'gurub but zul'aman ftw

Deleted

I (feral) did whole ZG and AQ20 and Ony...they were all easy...haven't tried solo MC and Kara yet, gonna try soo.

did anybody manage to get past the first boss of AQ40 post fix without nature rez gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by hehehe
    sorry hakkar is bugged if there is a person in the instance he will MC and reset
    aggressive totems (searing totem f.e.) aswell ... and spirit wolves :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTNXVIu09s

Not me however.

And to you who said "Bwl to come", all bosses but one boss in BWL are 5-10man jobs. Doing Vael with less than 5-6 people is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman5194
    You are stupid to think that any t7.5 class could solo all of kara. The only classes that would solo anything are Druids, Warriors, Death Knights, Shaman, paladins and hunters. You couldn't solo Curator, likely shade of Aran, and especially Netherspite. He will NEVER be soloable. I imagine for some Prince would be tough, but I know a DK easily solo'd it within weeks of the Expansion coming out.
    DK solod all of kara but curator cuz he is immune to disease
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korakt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTNXVIu09s

Not me however.

And to you who said "Bwl to come", all bosses but one boss in BWL are 5-10man jobs. Doing Vael with less than 5-6 people is out of the question.

With Bwl all the bosses except nefarion need 5-10 people to clear, but pre-nerf of DS a blood DK and me (holy paladin) killed nefarion with cloaks on. (you need cloaks for everyone to do BWL)

oh but there is a bug right now in BWL... after you kill 1st boss his adds for some reason keep spawning and follow you into the 2nd bosses room. only way atm to get them to stop was to engage and kill 2nd boss. (GM then said they would fix the issue, not sure if it has been resolved)

Haxx0r

Prot pallies are OP

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenz
    he just kept MCing my pet.
    last time i checked pets arent mindcontrollable hence u can duo it with hunter like i did with my shaman, like alot

Quote Originally Posted by quikly

With Bwl all the bosses except nefarion need 5-10 people to clear, but pre-nerf of DS a blood DK and me (holy paladin) killed nefarion with cloaks on. (you need cloaks for everyone to do BWL)

I did BWL some month ago, and none of us had the cloak. So it's not needed, can imagine it being helpful though, our tank took quite alot of damage.