Poll: Why do you think holy pallies got nerfed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy pally *nerf*

Ok yes, people have discussed this but... has anyone stepped back and really thought about it?

Now heres 3 very good reasons to nerf holy pallies.

1. Insanely large mana pools (in excess of 32k or higher)
    2. Due to extremely high crit % and arrange of spell / abilitys, the paladin will *never run oom*
    3. Players are using beacon-of-win to preform 3 different healing tasks, raid heal, MT heal, OT heal, all at the same time

Its my belief that blizzard didn't intend for paladins to stack crit and just be able to spam holy light for an hour and not run oom, also i don't think blizzard intended for paladins to be able to preform 3 different healing tasks at the same time, and i also don't believe that blizzard wanted holy pallies to be the most abundent healing class in the game. Now lets just consider these for a minute.

1. blizzard took away our crit, why? so we can't regen our mana 90 times before going oom; but they gave us mp5 as a substitute ( some of you still may be whining but seriously its not that bad of a stat)
    2. Blizzard made intellect a more viable stat then spell power, my reasoning for this is that blizzard wants pallies to have higher mana pools but lower overall healing preformance. (strength of heal, cuz seriously 26k holy light crits *non wings* are fucking OP)
    3. Also blizzard stated *bring the player not the class* and what happens everyone is saying pallies are OP so everyone rolls a pally, only to find out that half the other morons on WoW did the same thing. Then they find out that they're being *nerfed* so they go to the forums and bitch about their newly acquired OP healing class.

:end of story:
    blizzard is trying to balance holy pallies, cuz seriously every night i walk into ulduar and pull 25-35% of the healing in a 5-6 healer group i want to scream...

Re: Holy pally *nerf*

Druids can also effectively do MT-, OT- and raidhealing.
    As can Priests (thought they might have to switch from Holy to Balance and the other way around).
    I've seen Shamans fulfill all three healing roles as well.

What's wrong with Paladins being able to do all three as well?

In short:

IVE PLAYED SINCE WOTLK RELEASE AND IM BADLY GEARED?

also the poll vote of "blizz are gay" srsly?

and im not sure what raids you do when your outhealing the raid healers, maybe they should be kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Alendar
    As can Priests (thought they might have to switch from Holy to Balance and the other way around).

true. this qq post sucks

Its all because the plate und bubble
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Paladins haven't 'really' been nerfed as far as PvE goes, they've been stealth nerfed through gear it would seem but we're still able to get full SP/Crit/Haste gear its just harder than in Naxx
    The biggest nerf we've had since Divine Plea has been Infusion of Light crippling our ohshit ability if we can't pre-heal it (Divine Favor Holy Light + Holy Shock + <1 sec Holy Light for 30k healing) but we can still just see it coming and spam heal the tank if needed (mimiron's plasma blast for example)
    I'm sure Blizzard intended to make Int slightly more valuable to us like they did for all the other healers, which was a good move, at the same time I don't think they fully intended for us to be able to spam Holy Light without mana worries, but then thats why this game is always changing

I think some of the numbers in the OPs post are wayyy exaggerated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ock&n=pinkduck

29k mana, or thereabouts, is pretty much the limit raid buffed. Unless you count the darkmoon proc which temporarily increases that number to 35k (but doesnt give you the mana). But hey, if we're counting the proc, lets include hymn which goes together with the proc to bring mana up to 39k. It happens once in a blue moon and it's a gimick. Its not that useful.

26k HL crits? What are you healing thats taking that much damage? It may help as a clutch heal, but it only becomes useful when shit REALLY hits the fan and you get lucky. If anything, 50-70% of your 26k crits are going to be overhealing. This falls in to the same category as being able to get 39k mana with darkmoon card proc + hymn. Mostly useless in a raid.

Bring the player, not the class, but paladins are always ahead? Maybe it's you, or maybe it's those you heal with. In a pug I find it's like that, having 35% (sometimes even 40%) of healing among 5 or 6 healers. After all, bad healers cant outperform judgement of light... But they're pugs. They suck. It used to be the same in my guild as well, that is, until a really good restokin joined--both of us at one point comprised 65% of our raid's healing. Then a really good priest joined, and now 75% is spread out between 3 of us. What I'm getting at is that players clearly outweigh the so-called OPness of every class at this point, and thats how it should be.

Make better friends IMO. The fact that everyone you run with sucks is what I think you're really screaming about.

LoL, holy was never really nerfed....try again (unless you wanna include a glyph that was extremely overpowered)

You people know nothing.
    It's because they are gay duh.
    God hates gay people, so he gave them pink plated uniforms and called them power rangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Deleted

no it´s because spirit regen got nerfed for priests and druids becuase they seem to have too good regen.you still manage to have 60%mana at the end of a fight while spamming big heals all the time

Not really sure how anyone can say that paladins never ran oom......You could say the same thing for every class but priest atm. All paladins really need was plea to be dispellable again, didn't need 37/0/34 stripped and destroyed really.

Look at shamans, this season and last. If you hit them, they gain 500 mana and the shield can be put up again with no cooldown and no mana cost...if you leave them, they are free to drink or just regen so much mana back from mp5, how is it fair when a shaman can recover over 1000 mana back while being in cyclone? errr but no paladins were really too OP it stopped shamans/druids/priests from being the best healers (again), esp in 2v2, so they had to buff them and nerf the only holy paladin arena build that was ever fun.

if you do 25-35% of the healing in Uldar then find a new guild because either you are too good or they are rly bad.

For a long time paladins have been the worst healing in raids. You bring 1 for the buffs and that is all. We excel at 1 thing and that is MT healing. We heal for a HUGE amount compared to others but the MT will never take that much dmg and other healers can heal it just as well.

I know some ppl will disagree because if i say the sky is blue they will say its green. But atm as healing is so broken you could do Uldar with 3 holy paladins 1 shaman 1 druid and 1 preist. But you will do a million times better with 1 holy paladin and 5 of the other classes and you are only bringing that 1 holy paladin becase you need 3 for raid buffs and you dont want more than 1 ret and 1 prot.

When I heard my paladin teammate say "I'm oom" ( we weren't facing priest or anything) I was in utter shock and i just then realized that we always won the mana fights and stuff.

Players are using beacon-of-win to preform 3 different healing tasks, raid heal, MT heal, OT heal, all at the same time
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this guy is hilarious

also, if youre outhealing all the healers in your raids in ulduar, your healers must be bad. i was doing the same thing in 2 different guilds until i joined the one im in now. The difference? This guild is actually GOOD

Are you judging light or wisdom? Is there a ret pally in your raid? How many melee benefit from your holy light glyph? So many factors go into what percentage of healing you do in a raid, how can you say what you are saying? Have you compared other healers top heals to your top HL? Being a single target healer you need those huge HLs especially when some bosses hit for 15k on plate with a single swing, THAT'S just on 10m Uldar! MP5 I agree isn't a horrible stat with all the movement going on but compare other healers heals to pallys and there is a reason we are basically MT healers. Change your gear to MP5 gear,run Uldar, and then rewrite this post. General will be fun for ya.

Blizz doesn't hate paladins... just you. pointless thread is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by koss
    they gave us mp5 as a substitute ( some of you still may be whining but seriously its not that bad of a stat)
    Look at it this way...

The entirety of the Holy T8.5 gives 80 mp5 (79, but we'll say 80 for easier maths). That's 960 mana regained over one minute - a whopping 4800 mana gained over the course of a 5 minute fight. Or roughly four and a half extra HLs. That's pathetic. That's worse than pathetic. Four and a half extra heals?

The really stupid part is what you give up for those four and a half extra heals. Itemization wise that 80 mp5 could be used to give us 200 Int, Haste or Crit.

If you can, in any way, seriously say that mp5 is "not that bad", you need to stop playing Pally.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Look at it this way...

The entirety of the Holy T8.5 gives 80 mp5 (79, but we'll say 80 for easier maths). That's 960 mana regained over one minute - a whopping 4800 mana gained over the course of a 5 minute fight. Or roughly four and a half extra HLs. That's pathetic. That's worse than pathetic. Four and a half extra heals?

The really stupid part is what you give up for those four and a half extra heals. Itemization wise that 80 mp5 could be used to give us 200 Int, Haste or Crit.

If you can, in any way, seriously say that mp5 is "not that bad", you need to stop playing Pally.
    Good point. I'll take those numbers on faith. The int/haste/crit would be much more valuable.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

come on, this is such a bad thread.. I still don't understand why raid healers constantly envy each other. The bottom line is keeping your raid alive, by any means. Why does it half to matter if X does one thing slightly better than Y. Pallys do not have an Area of Effect healing ability, they are not going to steal any other raid healers spot.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I WANT A BALANCE PRIEST SHADOWFORM MOONFIRE PEW PEW