judgement of haste?

well since they're going to try to rework things, I tried thinking of a fun ability for ret that'd make things intresting for pvp.

What if you created a judgement that SPEEDS up your opponent's casting, in sacrifice for SLOWING of their next cast. (would be beautiful for ret arena for switching targets)

So say you hit priest his 2 second heal became a 1 second cast, but his next heal is a 3 second cast for the same spell.

Re: judgement of haste?

So...

*does some quick math in my head*

Almost no benefit? The only time I could see this being useful is if his partner is going to die in that 1 extra second... oh wait, he got off the other heal quicker so his partner isn't going to die.

For DPS casters... I don't see any benefit either. It might give your DK or rogue more time to interrupt the cast, but what idiot wouldn't use an instant cast to negate the effect?

And against melee it wouldn't do any good at all. AFAIK (having only played Paladin and some DK) all Melee casts are instant. They didn't use to be (Avenger's Shield for instance), but now they all are. Except Paladin heals. And even then, a Ret pally is likely to have an instant cast FoL ready and a Holy will simply use Holy Shock.

So 1 second off one cast, 1 second added to next cast? Doesn't feel like it has any benefit whatsoever.

Now, change it around, make it a 30 or 40 yard range and on a successful hit the Paladin gains X% run speed for Y amount of time... that would be something.
    Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by talynonyx

And against melee it wouldn't do any good at all. AFAIK (having only played Paladin and some DK) all Melee casts are instant. They didn't use to be (Avenger's Shield for instance), but now they all are.
    Slam (warrior) is not instant, just fyi.

OP, terrible idea, sorry.

They are adding a magic combo style system like poisons and envenom, same type of thing except one ability will buff another one if used in a certain period of time, this buffs sustained dps and they can nerf burst a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    They are adding a magic combo style system like poisons and envenom, same type of thing except one ability will buff another one if used in a certain period of time, this buffs sustained dps and they can nerf burst a little more.
    Link or is your ass not a bliz GM

Just wait and see and doubt me until it comes out. I can't link it but its coming.

Swing and a miss
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Another stupid idea, they see the debuff and then they will know what to cast thats long and will hurt you desperately inc death

well think of it this way, you use crusader strike 3 times and build your dmg buff (similar to vengeance) then use your divine storm which does an aditional 30% now then its consummed and after using devine storm your crusader strike is going to do 30% more dmg with 1 buff then it starts over after the buss are gone, and yes the rotations are gonna be changed a bit.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe have a Judgement similar to Heroism/Bloodlust?

God knows that there wouldn't be enough Paladins to use it in its place without a shaman....