Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Mana issue

When i am doing 25mans as Ret i cant remember ever running out of mana, But when i do lets say 10 man ulduar i burn through mana like nothing.

Yes i know i don't have all the buffs and all that good stuff, I find my self having to slow my dps down or risk going OOM. With judgment giving about 1k mana back and a replenish its still not enough, And yes I am using Divine plea and arcane torrent......

Even after the revamp to Judgment of the wise it still seems shitty when compared to Judgment of light, My light heals ppl for around 1.1k with each hit, But with wise you get 2%mana back for each attack it does not feel like 2% or nearly as good.

Tbh i feel like a mega easy fix would to just nerf the mana cost on consecrate idk off the top of my head but its what more then 1k mana idc who you are 1k mana is a lot for ret, And seeing how DK get Desecration for just attacking a target which is pretty much GG.

Making Consecrate like 238mana would be great for over all paladins.

Re: Ret Mana issue

I have never had mana issues in PVE since patch 3.1 even when I'm able to use all of my damaging spells. Change your glyphs is you need to. The Seal of Blood glyph is amazing for mana regeneration. That, combined with judging for your mana back, you should never have a problem. I rarely even divine plea anymore in PVE

15+ Year Old Account

making concecration lower in cost would make ret faceroll again without having to look on there mana. that is what they are trying to prevent.

use JoW instead of JoL if you have mana issues. or use the glyph otherwise.

rarely have I had mana issues in 25mans w/o the glyph, I think I have had to pop 2, maybe 3, mana pots in hundreds of fights.

Judge Wisdom,
    Move Judgement up in rotation
    Move consecrate down in rotation if not a crazy aoe fight
    Pop Divine Plea earlier & every CD.

if all else fails get the glyph

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    making concecration lower in cost would make ret faceroll again without having to look on there mana.
    I faceroll concecration without lookin at my mana O__o

/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    #showtooltip Crusader Strike
    /castsequence reset=2/combat Crusader Strike, Divine Plea
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()

All the way tbh. Divine Plea is always up when it can be and I don't have to keep a mindful eye on it

I don't know any paladin's that use the SotM Glyph.
    "Apples are better than oranges!"
    "STFU Oranges ftw!"
    "I like bananas! Bananas win, everything else sucks!"

judgment giving about 1k mana back
    I have a about 5700 mana. 25% of that is 1425. That being said I can use all my spells (conc, cs, ds, exorcism, judge) and never see my mana dip below 90% I do notice my mana draining a little faster in 10 mans but it is nothing divine plea can't cure.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    I faceroll concecration without lookin at my mana O__o
    got SoB glyph?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Digkilla
    rarely have I had mana issues in 25mans w/o the glyph, I think I have had to pop 2, maybe 3, mana pots in hundreds of fights.

Judge Wisdom,
    Move Judgement up in rotation
    Move consecrate down in rotation if not a crazy aoe fight
    Pop Divine Plea earlier & every CD.

if all else fails get the glyph
    Yep, if you have to delay your rotation for 1 or 2 seconds to judge before consecrating or using some other spell, do it. Delaying one ability to get a large chunk of mana back > going oom and sticking to a set rotation that you can get away with easily in 25s.

Just watch your mana, if you go below say 50% move Judge ahead of CS for 1 or 2 rotations then back down again

If you have mana issues, you can try some of the following:

When you are below 30% mana, stop spamming concecrate
    Use judgement of wisdom instead of light, most of it is overhealing anyways and judgement of wisdom restores 2% of your base mana, not total mana so it's not very noticable but it will make a difference in the long run.
    If all else fails, get the seal of blood glyph.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

It hasn't been said yet (And I'm not saying you aren't), but for the sake of the discussion make sure you are Hit/Exp capp'd. JotM and JoComm both use Melee mechanics when determining where it lands in the Combat Table (i.e. Hit, Miss, Dodge, etc).

In essence, if your Hit Rating and Exp rating is too low, you may lose Mana Regen through your Judgement spells becoming Misses and Parries/Dodges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It hasn't been said yet (And I'm not saying you aren't), but for the sake of the discussion make sure you are Hit/Exp capp'd. JotM and JoComm both use Melee mechanics when determining where it lands in the Combat Table (i.e. Hit, Miss, Dodge, etc).
    Since when can judgements get dodged/parried ???
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Since when can judgements get dodged/parried ???
    Run Recount, Stand in front of a Target Dummy with no gear, and attack with Seal of the Martyr/Blood.

As said before, SotM/B and SoComm run off Melee stats and not Spell stats.

Run Recount, Stand in front of a Target Dummy with no gear, and attack with Seal of the Martyr/Blood.

Judgement is a ranged attack. It can't be dodged or parried.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    I have a about 5700 mana.
    We all have the same mana

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by solaste
    I have a about 5700 mana. 25% of that is 1425.
    Nope. ~5700 is not your base mana, it's your base mana + mana from intellect. For every paladin, JotW should be returning 1098-1099 mana each judge (2197 on Vezax \o/), which comes out to precisely 25% of your base mana, or ~19% of your total mana.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

That's not what you said before:
    [u]JotM and JoComm both use Melee mechanics when determining where it lands in the Combat Table (i.e. Hit, Miss, Dodge, etc).
    Which is why I was ???

Of course the seals can get dodged/parried/missed as in the actual seal swing, but judgements can only miss and cannot be dodged or parried.

Gawd, what fools you all are.

You have to stack INT as a Ret Pally. If you don't have atleast 30K mana you suck. STR and AGI are uselss. You also need to stack STA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Gawd, what fools you all are.

You have to stack INT as a Ret Pally. If you don't have atleast 30K mana you suck. STR and AGI are uselss. You also need to stack STA!
    rofl!