Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Balance Druids – The Moonkin Guide

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    well, reality is... i wont be getting anyloot now.. since we'r only killin 3\5 in 25hm. so i will\can get only boots\bracer\trinket. oh well. waiting for tribute back, if we will ever get it
    Tell me about it - with 2pt9 (chest, hands), keeping 2pt8 (legs + head) and heroic 10 man shoulders of awesomeness, im looking at very few upgrades now. Cloak isn't worth upgrading until tribute cloak, bracers will be the cloth crafted bracers when we have the orbs for it, and then im looking at the Anub trinket - thats it. Ring upgrades are pretty meager, and the rest is normal to heroic.

Then again, maybe i whine a lot - i have been quite lucky otherwise :P

t9 chest+head = best thing to grab (both spiritless)
    and t8 legs + hands +10man uber shoulders. you gimp yourself by using t9 hands and t8 head.

btw, is it worth dropping CF since we'r haste capped anyway, and take something that really increases dps instead of gcd clipping.

btw, is it worth dropping CF since we'r haste capped anyway, and take something that really increases dps instead of gcd clipping.
    I tried dropping it and didnt notice anything too negative (my hurricane went from base 8.0 to base 8.1, thats about it)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Hey, i am trying out a new rotation, along with the new talent changes since 3.2, so this is my rotation.IS + MF > Wrath till lunar eclipse procs > Starfire till eclipse is over > Refresh dots > Starfire till solar eclipse procs > Wrath till eclipse is over. Rinse and repeat.I found myself doing 4k~4.5k in 10 mans and 5k in 25 mans, given my gear condition, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Dalgress is my dps good?or is there any further improvement can be done to my talent, rotation or gear.Thx.

Deleted

With that rotation (which is standard), you refresh your dots whenever they fall off and you are not in eclipse. Theres not really anything new in that

Deleted

and t8 legs + hands +10man uber shoulders. you gimp yourself by using t9 hands and t8 head.

It made more sense to me, in my gear, to go as above. I just did an item comparason on WoWhead: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4817...91:48179:48182

My setup: T9 chest + hands, T8 legs + head. Bonus over the other: 67 haste, 70 spirit (21 SP)
    Your setup: T9 chest + head, T8 hands + legs. Bonus over the other: 74 crit, 79 hit.

I am currently hit capped, and with my current gear, i would drop to 346 haste rating if i were to switch to what you propose. I would have a lot more hit, which i could then remove from other items, sure, but those items would have to have more haste, which means i would probably sacrifice the crit i got with the witch, with other items to get my haste up. For example, if i were to switch my Belt of the bloodhoof Emmisary (48 crit) with Belt of Pale Thorns (59 haste), the benefit im looking at by switching from mine to yours is +26 crit rating, -21 SP, -8 haste. That still keeps my haste over the soft cap, but it gives me a ton of hit that i right now dont need.

Besides, putting on T8 hands would screw up my look completely, and i would have to hide that ugly T9 helmet, where i currently have the awesome moon from T8. You know what im talking about

Anyways, i hear what you are saying. But when i had to pick my 2nd piece of T9, i had to look at what i had available and make the best out of it

EDIT: Then again, i am getting Bejeweled Wizards Bracers today, which is a bit more haste than what i have on my bracers now (and crit). If i got the added hit from your setup, i could drop my weapon and get the one without hit, or find another 20 hit and replace both MH and OH.

You've got me thinking now. I have to brood a bit over this. (Pasta, i hate theorycrafting :P)

Whats with all the "info" all u need is Wrath and ur good to go ;D ;D :P

Deleted

I take back what i said above (but im man enough to let it stay there :P) - its clearly better stats to go for head+chest. I think i have Belt of Pale Thorns in my bank, and switching that (getting 245 head) gives me +0,88% crit, 1 less haste, +18 SP and a crapload of +hit which frees me up to play around with my hit items.

i wont tell you something bad, just look at my uber gear. i'm 1 hit rating overcap. i'm pro )))

So, given my gear condition http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Dalgress, what rotation should i do and what gear should i upgrade?

Deleted

i wont tell you something bad, just look at my uber gear. i'm 1 hit rating overcap. i'm pro )))
    Yes, and that is quite unfair. I need to find another 25 hit rating somewhere in that bunch. Trust that i am also extremely jealous at several of your heroic items :P

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin
    So, given my gear condition http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Dalgress, what rotation should i do and what gear should i upgrade?
    Same as everyone else - get more haste, though

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Yes, and that is quite unfair. I need to find another 25 hit rating somewhere in that bunch. Trust that i am also extremely jealous at several of your heroic items :P
    Same as everyone else - get more haste, though

thx ill work on it.peace out!

If you are fortunate enough to loot pants from Anub-25, they are even more uber than these shoulders (heroic version or not). This is because we are usually overflowing with hit and each hit-less item (like these pants) is a sure hit
    So if you have it, keep t8 hands and shoulders.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jerzjerzy
    Seriously, that would look terrible!

When determining best upgrade(e.g slot), I've always found that using the Item Level's slot chart works best.

"Head, Chest, Legs, 2H Weapon 1.00
    Shoulder, Hands, Waist, Feet 0.75 (3/4)
    Wrist, Neck, Back, Finger, Off-hand/Shield 0.5625 (9/16)
    1H weapon 0.4219 (27/64)
    Ranged 0.3164 (81/256)"

What this means is that say 1.00 = 10000 stat points

Cat 1 (head etc) will have 10k points
    Cat 2 (Shoulder etc) will have 7.5k points
    Cat 3 (wrist etc) will have 5625 points
    Cat 4 (1 hand weapon) will have 4219 points
    Cat 5 (Idol/Ranged) will have 3164 points

However while this means that going with a 1hander + off hand should give you less stats then a 2 handed staff, make sure to remember that on that 2 hander, many points are wasted on Attributes as opposed to combat stats (making the 1hand combo better).

For the most part, this should help with spending badges in proper priority, budgeting DKP, and to some extent, explaining why certain items cost more the others (honor, badges, etc).

Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Seriously, that would look terrible!
    The difference is not that dramatic:
    T8
    T9

EPIC WIN!

/Thread

It made more sense to me, in my gear, to go as above. I just did an item comparason on WoWhead: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=4817...91:48179:48182

My setup: T9 chest + hands, T8 legs + head. Bonus over the other: 67 haste, 70 spirit (21 SP)
    Your setup: T9 chest + head, T8 hands + legs. Bonus over the other: 74 crit, 79 hit.

I am currently hit capped, and with my current gear, i would drop to 346 haste rating if i were to switch to what you propose. I would have a lot more hit, which i could then remove from other items, sure, but those items would have to have more haste, which means i would probably sacrifice the crit i got with the witch, with other items to get my haste up. For example, if i were to switch my Belt of the bloodhoof Emmisary (48 crit) with Belt of Pale Thorns (59 haste), the benefit im looking at by switching from mine to yours is +26 crit rating, -21 SP, -8 haste. That still keeps my haste over the soft cap, but it gives me a ton of hit that i right now dont need.

Besides, putting on T8 hands would screw up my look completely, and i would have to hide that ugly T9 helmet, where i currently have the awesome moon from T8. You know what im talking about

Anyways, i hear what you are saying. But when i had to pick my 2nd piece of T9, i had to look at what i had available and make the best out of it

EDIT: Then again, i am getting Bejeweled Wizards Bracers today, which is a bit more haste than what i have on my bracers now (and crit). If i got the added hit from your setup, i could drop my weapon and get the one without hit, or find another 20 hit and replace both MH and OH.

You've got me thinking now. I have to brood a bit over this. (Pasta, i hate theorycrafting :P)
    Have you made your BiS gear list yet? im quite interested on your decisions above to what that will look like

Quote Originally Posted by jerzjerzy
    If you are fortunate enough to loot pants from Anub-25, they are even more uber than these shoulders (heroic version or not). This is because we are usually overflowing with hit and each hit-less item (like these pants) is a sure hit
    Well i have been a fortunate one then but yes they are the "best" legs for a balance druid in my opinion. and easily over stat any other peices.

oh thats easy.

t9 chest\helm, t8 hands\legs, beasts 10 hm shoulders, valk 25 hm amulet , tribute 25 cloak, crafted bracers, toc 25 hm belt\boots, anub 25 hm ring (possibly anub 25 ring also), anub 25 hm\normal trinket, anub 25 hm mace, jarax 25 hm off-hand. badge idol.