Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: spirit based illumination, your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I'm STUNNED, and you could probably have read this part from the original post, if you had bothered to try, THAT GC DOESN'T KNOW HOW PALADINS WORK. His/Her, doesn't really matter, logic implies that he doesn't know how we work, his logic is "Oh, they dont want MP5 gear, their regen must be too good, so let's change it." When that's not at all the case, what he should be saying is "Paladins need tons of regen to keep up with current content, so they're taking crit items instead of MP5, because it's obviously better, so let's change it."
    This.

I was also surprised/alarmed/stunned by the apparent admission of ignorance from a Blizzardian regarding the nature of one of the classes THEY have made. Is it really a holy shock to them that Healadins highly prize crit and regard mp5 as a more-or-less wasted itemization stat on gear? I mean really?

They recently say with some suprise that they find ret to be too bursty. Now they say that holy needs to regen mana in a different way. At some point, people (like me) are going to get sick for the last time of the constant changes to the fundamentals and distinctiveness of the class itself, in some veiled attempt at overall class homogenization.

Agreed with the above poster, that blizz designs talents that make int and crit a good stat for pallys and make them unique healer class. Now they want to change something that isn't broken just because they designed more plate gear with mp5 then crit. So their solution is to change the uniqueness of a class because of their mistake.

So, what if pallys are taking mail, leather or cloth items they can wear them and if players choose to wear them then they shouldn't be penalized for it. Why put mp5 on gear and then make one fight designed where mp5 is not useful at all?

So Illumination gets changed to use spirit, now int becomes a lesser stat, crit is a lesser stat, and spirit now increases mana regen which it already does with int in the first place. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Not really certain how this surprises everyone.... But, it is another one of those giant overhauls to the class that probably wont ever get done. If anything they'll just reduce illumination again.

Let me first say i agree that holy paladin needs a nurf mindless spamming of holylight makes fights boring. Well the thought of spirit based regen doesn't make me happy a combination of illumination and MP5 wouldn't be that bad.

Something like this i would quite welcome:
    Illumination returns you total amount of MP5 every time you crit heal

Although the total amount of mp5 might be a bit much a good balance could be found. This makes crit still a very desirable stat and doesn't let us ignore MP5

Quote Originally Posted by Âthena_Talnivarr
    Let me first say i agree that holy paladin needs a nurf mindless spamming of holylight makes fights boring. Well the thought of spirit based regen doesn't make me happy a combination of illumination and MP5 wouldn't be that bad.

Something like this i would quite welcome:
    Illumination returns you total amount of MP5 every time you crit heal

Although the total amount of mp5 might be a bit much a good balance could be found. This makes crit still a very desirable stat and doesn't let us ignore MP5
    This would destroy the use of glyph of wisdom, badge's libram and t7 4p bonus. They don't need to change anything, last time they tried to change, they gave us a hot. Now we have a hot that heals for 300 per tick, great.

Having all healers use spirit as a regen stat, and maybe even a source of healing power(just to make it more attracting) wouldn't be a bad move..

Return of the clothadins? Why not? I always loved dresses and shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur
    Having 4 stats for mana regen (Int/MP5/Spirit/Crit) may be a bit too much, but nerfing illumination would have a lot of us crying foul.
    Let's think about that for a minute.
    Regen stats:
    Int (Would be a borderline regen stat without talents, as replenishment comes from talents)
    MP5 (Obviously a regen stat)
    Spirit (Obviously a regen stat)
    Crit (Wouldn't be a regen stat if not for talents.)

One of those doesn't fit for a healer. So yeah, having 4 regen stats for healers is most likely too much. Likely replen will be changed somehow to be based off base mana or nerfed in some way (It's crazy OP right now)...and crit will be taken away as a regen stat.

I don't see why paladins are crying...They already have infinite mana. The other healers still have a ton of regen, but when spirit regen got nerfed...Paladins' mana stayed pretty much the same...at 90% at the end of the fight.

I don't care if it blurs the lines between healers that they all regen mana in the same way, it likely needs to be done...and then nerfed. As a druid, I still end fights at full mana. Most other healers do too.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Without having read the rest of the thread I must say that it's a bad idea unless they make spirit much cheaper on plate, and making you benefit less from it to stop you from having to wear cloth. (i.e. you scale worse but get more to compensate to keep you in plate.)

As a priest paladins seem to lack a secondary regen stat. Imo they should change mp5 to a more scaleable value, and let it affect spells like illumination (i.e. give you mana for X amount of seconds on proc)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

I think you guys are reading in to the spirit change too much.

He didn't say make you take mp5 or give you a talent thats a straight spirit - mp5 conversion. He said make Illumination work with spirit.

You could read this as:
    After getting a critical effect from your Flash of Light, Holy Light, or Holy Shock heal spell you have a 100% chance to gain mana equal to [25% + (Spirit * 0.05)] of the base cost of the spell.

500 Spirit means you regen 50% of the spell on a crit. Thus you need both crit and spirit, and you can almost dump mp5 entirely on plate. Also, you could change it so that Illumination grants 1% Crit per rank, boosting your losses from having to have spirit AND crit on the same gear.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    it seems like they're just messing with you cause too many pallies are QQing about mp5 on plate.
    Agreed. I thought the same thing.

They can't possibly be serious... I mean come on, blizzard is already lazy as hell and this would mean that they would have to completely re-design all the plate healing gear as well as giving paladins a talent that allows for their mana regeneration while casting. I honestly cannot see either one of those two happening, but if they do then it would completely ruin the concept of itemization for each class and you would see holy pallies rolling on cloth/leather healing gear all the time.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

It's a possible approach for the next expansion..