Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: FLAME LEVIATHAN 2 manned!!!

Looking at your character names i'm going to assume you are both from the Netherlands, or from Belgium.

Anyway; Good job. Have to try this some time =D

Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)
    When interacting with other players a little kindness goes a long way!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

GJ, nice to see some Dutch or Belgium people do it in a different way. ;D
    Lol jullie namen. Vooral je broer. :P
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Patch 3.2

We decided that Flame Leviathan was too hard, so he has been replaced with a Dark Iron Dwarf with 200 hp.
    Trash has also been removed and hard mode is automatically engaged.
    I guess you think you're funny, but stuff like this is FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    nice job...
    still makes me giggle "Ulduar is harder the Naxx" - uhm, yeah blizzard, indeed...
    Yeah, Ulduar IS Flame Leviathan with 0 towers up and nothing more. Of course.

crazy dutchies!
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

15+ Year Old Account

Good job, not bad really. =)
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Hunterian

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    How can you claim that Ulduar is easy from one boss...and the first boss at that and a boss that doesn't even require for you to use your own class mechanics.

Link your armory with all the Hardmodes completed and Algalon down, and then I might let you say that Ulduar is easy.
    This is a bad bad argument, just as it was a bad argument during Naxx and here is why :

How hard an instance is is always a biased opinion. Always. I am one of theose people that claimed naxx was too easy from the get go, just because my guild, who is not even close to top 50 in the world ran through it in the first reset with several bosses oneshotted. Yet we got the "Show me your Sarth 3D titleand then you can tell me this game is too easy". That aint the point, easy or hard is something we percieve. To me Naxx was way to easy, I was dissappointed and hence took a long break from the game just to come back for Ulduar.

In my OPINION Ulduar is not very hard. Some of the mechanics are fresh and interesting, but most of them are not. Is it harder than Naxx ? Yes it is, but not much harder. There will be some really hard encounters with the hardmodes, but as a whole, no Ulduar is not very hard in my opinion. Note, my opinion. It might be in your opinion, thats fine, your allowed to think so. It doesn't make you better or worse than me as a human beeing.

I understand that the "Show me the achievement" is to counter the kiddies that post "My guild did that with 11 guys, beat that !" It however gets old, pretty fast. It did in Naxx, and it will in Ulduar.

And no, I wont link my achievements or armoryprofile. It has nothing to do with my opinion that most of Ulduar is easy. If you think I am just some kid that has never stepped foot in Ulduar nor killed anything in there. That's fine. I wont loose any sleep over that. It's your opinoin. (See what I did there ? )

About difficulty:

Whole content in previous patch was destroyed in like 86 hours - i don't remember exactly - that means: Sartharion, Naxx and Malygos.

Nobody yet killed Algalon on 25 man - 5-6? weeks after Ulduar was introduced - isn't there a slight difference in difficulty?

A single mage cleared Military Quarter - try to repeat it in Ulduar...

The fact that a single encounter in its easiest version is doable by a small amount of people doesn't mean anything - let them try to repeat it with 1 or 2 defense systems active...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    How can you claim that Ulduar is easy from one boss...and the first boss at that and a boss that doesn't even require for you to use your own class mechanics.

Link your armory with all the Hardmodes completed and Algalon down, and then I might let you say that Ulduar is easy.
    This retort is really getting old.

Fact: Ulduar is ridiculously easy. There was no attunement, so the second the doors flew open the QQ ensued and one after another every boss got hit with the nerfbat. Perhaps they are saving all the epic awesomeness for Arthas, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hit with the nerfbat too.

LOL @ blizzards second tier in wotlk raiding. If anyone was around for SSC/TK Ulduar is laughably easy in comparison. I remember Vashj attempts and learning Yogg is no where close, and let's not talk about Kaelthas.

Now if you are arguing about ONE TOKEN UNBEATABLE BOSS which is a trademark of blizzard. The hardmodes to unlock him are not that impossible. About the ONLY nasty one is mimiron 25, fuck all that fire. Honestly there is little to no motivation to do hardmodes with the craptacular loot that comes from these encounters.

To the OP awesome job on 2 manning FL. I really wish their were more innovative encounters like this in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Only hard thing is to try to understand how BLZ think regarding content difficluty. I'm still struggling, so far I haven't understood.

SWP = mad hard but many guilds still came as far as M'uru prenerf.
    Ulda = pisseasy included hardmodes excepet 2 bosses that 4-5 guilds wordwide downed.

Wonder why BLZ consider:
    95% pisseasy + 5% impossible* a better solution than 90% hard +10% extremly hard
    * top 2-4 guilds in the entire world down them (so far)
    You must really suck if that's the case, considering you don't have even one single of those horribly easy hardmodes on your achievements.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequinn
    This retort is really getting old.
    Just as old as the "Casuals suck and nerfbats omfg FU BLIZZ" retorts...

Now, mind sharing your armory link so we can actually see you back up your claim that Ulduar is easy?

Quote Originally Posted by dooom

Whole content in previous patch was destroyed in like 86 hours - i don't remember exactly - that means: Sartharion, Naxx and Malygos.

Nobody yet killed Algalon on 25 man - 5-6? weeks after Ulduar was introduced - isn't there a slight difference in difficulty?
    You mean the boss that requires guilds to defeat all the hard modes and then the boss is only up for 1 hour a week. So I fail to see where a time limit comes into it when they could only have a possible 5-6 hours on the boss. I'd understand if now, 5-6 weeks later they weren't downing him, yes then your argument is legit, but when Blizzard put all these blocks in the way and yet the top guilds down him in a maximum of 4 or so hours of working on him (Don't qoute me on that, I don't know exactly how long ago Ensidia got attuned for Agalon.) then I fail to see the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    It's kinda sad that the most interesting dungeon content idea Blizz has come up with in years is an April Fools joke.

nice job...

still makes me giggle "Ulduar is harder the Naxx" - uhm, yeah blizzard, indeed...
    Heigan was 2 mannable WITH your own class mechanics. Heigan was a 2nd boss, FL is a 1st boss. Ulduar may be easy, but naxx is easier. Now hurry up and link the armory profile to your char in full BiS Ulduar gear with all hard modes and algalon complete 10 and 25 with the glory of the ulduar raider achievement.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Hunterian

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Just as old as the "Casuals suck and nerfbats omfg FU BLIZZ" retorts...

Now, mind sharing your armory link so we can actually see you back up your claim that Ulduar is easy?
    I agree on the casuals suck retorts tbh, I however do not like the nerfbats either, not that I would complain about it on a forum, but some of them are clearly overboard.

Auriaya as an example. Was a quite interesting fight. Getting through those 4 adds was a bit of a challenge and we had had to pull in a 4'th tank in our group to have 3 tanks on the adds. Look at the encounter now. That is an example of nerfs going to far.

Another one is the green crap on the floor in the IC encounter. Ok, if they decided to nerf the damage, fine. It went a little bit to far in my opinon.

As for casuals = bad players , that aint true. I know casuals that were better players than me when they had the time and will to play as much as I do. They still probably are, I just dont see em as much.

Bad players = bad players. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by daonar
    Umm....you're plain wrong. To start with, getting to algalong requires completing hard mode quests and is not possible within a single reset.

Naxx had nothing like that.

Secondly, blizzard artificially limited players' ability to learn algalon to 1 hour per reset timer.

Naxx had nothing like that.

Obviously, both things were introduced exactly to combat that "3.1 content cleared in 56 hours after release" thing that happened with Naxx.

The funny thing is, blizz keeps chanting "we want to make content available to players" matra.....well limiting algalon to 1 hour/reset is "making it available" HOW EXACTLY?
    Algalon isn't meant for the casual player, Yogg-Saron and the rest of Ulduar in normal mode is.

Don't forget that ensidia (and all the other big guilds) had 2 hours a week training on algalon (10 and 25). All in all it seems that algalon did turn out to be a bit easier than KJ, M'uru or even Mimiron hard.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

You cannot compare SWP to Ulduar and say ULDOOAR IS EZY, they are on completely different levels of difficulty.

Even comparing Ulduar to SSC/TK is stupid when you consider the amount of testing and tuning that went into Ulduar, SSC/TK had no such treatment. The only thing "hard" about SSC/TK was certain buggy and poorly tuned fights that wern't made available on PTRs for months for everyone to learn before they went live.

IMO, the difficulty of Ulduar is on par with what ssc/tk offered, both have challenging fights and both have facerollandwin fights. Ulduar is a hell of a lot more fun than ssc/tk ever was though.

Loatheb 5 Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raaLqFelbCk

@ lvl 60 Vanilla WoW (40 Man Classic Naxx)

1 Warrior
    1 Warlock
    3 Shadowspriests

Death & Taxes <3

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterian
    In my OPINION Ulduar is not very hard. Some of the mechanics are fresh and interesting, but most of them are not. Is it harder than Naxx ? Yes it is, but not much harder. There will be some really hard encounters with the hardmodes, but as a whole, no Ulduar is not very hard in my opinion. Note, my opinion. It might be in your opinion, thats fine, your allowed to think so. It doesn't make you better or worse than me as a human beeing.

I understand that the "Show me the achievement" is to counter the kiddies that post "My guild did that with 11 guys, beat that !" It however gets old, pretty fast. It did in Naxx, and it will in Ulduar.

And no, I wont link my achievements or armoryprofile. It has nothing to do with my opinion that most of Ulduar is easy. If you think I am just some kid that has never stepped foot in Ulduar nor killed anything in there. That's fine. I wont loose any sleep over that. It's your opinoin. (See what I did there ? )
    U know, people like the ones QQing here about the difficulty level of Ulduar, are pretty hmm.. how should I put it? Shortminded? Sheep? A herd? Following 1 retard in the crowd because he has the biggest mouth and everyone suddenly follows him? Any other reason, because I really cannot understand.

Because you can 2 man the easy mode of Flame Leviathan on 10 man (if u bring 2 full 226+ iLvl characters it's a walk in the park) Ulduar is easy? Wait, why did the implement the difficulty levels? If all of you people spend wiping on the hardmodes and killed the hardmodes then you'll realise Ulduar isn't that easy as you expect it to be. But ya, since no one links his armoryprofile people probably just killed the normal modes and wiped on General and Yogg instead..

All the hardmodes are pretty fun and require thinking, which most players in this game fail on, so it should be considered hard I suppose.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...rollbane&n=Emy

nice job...

well, military quarter in naxx got soloed by a mage...so...we should be able to 2 man the first boss :P

15+ Year Old Account

Judging the dificulty of a raid instance by the 1st boss is like judging a countries health status by looking in a hospital.

btw i didnt come up with this
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar