Thread: Haste or ArP

Haste or ArP

Ok haste increase melee attack speed which means more attacks and more SoB procs. ArP makes auto attacks hit harder and make SoB proc hit harder. Arnt they about equal then . I hear everyone say haste is so much better but i dont see how ethier effect anything else.

Re: Haste or ArP

Quote Originally Posted by Cryme
    Ok haste increase melee attack speed which means more attacks and more SoB procs. ArP makes auto attacks hit harder and make SoB proc hit harder. Arnt they about equal then . I hear everyone say haste is so much better but i dont see how ethier effect anything else.
    Haste. Seal procs from autoattacks beats the minimal gain from ArP afaik; ArP is the lowest melee DPS stat for paladins, partly due to the amount of haste you get from haste.

So in that sense, what cloak is better (I have both):

Drape of the Drakerider
    72 strength
    72 stamina
    46 crit rating
    36ish armor pen
    or

Drape of Fuming Anger
    68 strength
    67 stamina
    46 haste
    30 crit rating

Higher strength/crit on the Drape of the Drakerider, but haste over armor pen if you went with fuming anger. Is what the armor pen/more crit/more strength gives better than the 46 haste alone?

Vazor go make ur own thread ty. Back to subject dont we do holy damage as physical, pretty sure im not mistaken.

white swing, CS, DS = physical damage

seal, concencration, exorcism, holy wrath, = holy damage

(hammer of wrath?)

ArP is only on physical damage haste = white swings

either slightly hard cs, ds, white swings or more white swings (more seals too!)

poit for point i believe they are about equal but ArP gets better and better the more you have so im not sure but
    id go for the haste cap as it has more of it

Quote Originally Posted by RPGfan251
    white swing, CS, DS = physical damage

seal, concencration, exorcism, holy wrath, = holy damage

(hammer of wrath?)

ArP is only on physical damage haste = white swings

either slightly hard cs, ds, white swings or more white swings (more seals too!)

poit for point i believe they are about equal but ArP gets better and better the more you have so im not sure but
    id go for the haste cap as it has more of it

No, haste is about 3x better than armor pen.

Armor pen is hands down rets weakest stat.

i dont use ArP since it hadnt been good and went for haste but i wasnt sure the point at which it became good / if it ever

so far from what I can tell is the only class that Ive noticed gears for ArP is warriors only due to right now they have a 20% ArP total if they talent right. which shouldn't be too hard to do.

for us though Haste is better.

and Vazor even though Haste is good for us looking at my spreadsheet and looking at the backs and comparing them

Drape of the Drakerider is better overall due to better Itemization for dps even though ArP is our lowest stat a little still helps out. In the Long run if you looked at Ulduaars gear (Plate dps wise) a ton of stuff has ArP on it.

15+ Year Old Account

arP doesnt make SoB hit harder. the weapon min/max dmg is calculated for SoB dmg, not the dmg you are dealing.

like has been said before, haste is better, BUT the items that vazor linked the 1 with arP is slightly better. i have it also atm.

Quote Originally Posted by C
    so far from what I can tell is the only class that Ive noticed gears for ArP is warriors only due to right now they have a 20% ArP total if they talent right. which shouldn't be too hard to do.
    Blood DKs use ArP too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    Blood DKs use ArP too.
    And ferals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    And ferals.
    yeah, and rouges and hunters but they are talking about plates here =)

15+ Year Old Account

ArP makes make SoB proc hit harder.
    what? lol

haste = more seal proc = more dps
    ArP suck

Quote Originally Posted by Vazor

Drape of the Drakerider
    72 strength
    72 stamina
    46 crit rating
    36ish armor pen
    or

Drape of Fuming Anger
    68 strength
    67 stamina
    46 haste
    30 crit rating

Higher strength/crit on the Drape of the Drakerider, but haste over armor pen if you went with fuming anger. Is what the armor pen/more crit/more strength gives better than the 46 haste alone?
    6-7 dps isnt what i call better.. lol
    i would leave the ArP cloak for our war

Quote Originally Posted by Vazor

Drape of the Drakerider
    72 strength
    72 stamina
    46 crit rating
    36ish armor pen
    or

Drape of Fuming Anger
    68 strength
    67 stamina
    46 haste
    30 crit rating

Drape of the Drakerider is far superior. 4 str and 16 crit trumps all the haste o nthe other. then the arp is a small dps help, but is just iceing at that point.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Drape of the Drakerider is far superior. 4 str and 16 crit trumps all the haste o nthe other. then the arp is a small dps help, but is just iceing at that point.
    6-7dps is not what i call far superior lol..

Quote Originally Posted by C

for us though Haste is better.

and Vazor even though Haste is good for us looking at my spreadsheet and looking at the backs and comparing them

Drape of the Drakerider is better overall due to better Itemization for dps even though ArP is our lowest stat a little still helps out. In the Long run if you looked at Ulduaars gear (Plate dps wise) a ton of stuff has ArP on it.
    i believe 25% passive, 15% macespec 10% battle stance

Vazor go make ur own thread ty. Back to subject dont we do holy damage as physical, pretty sure im not mistaken.
    My question is directly related to your topic and you would need to know the answer anyway.

And basic easy question =

Haste is more beneficial because it improves your auto-attack speed, which procs a seal 100% of the time and seal damage is the most damage a ret paladin has atm.

Armor pen sucks but isn't worthless for a paladin, it only benefits physical damage, such as auto-attacks, crusader strike, and divine storm.

You lose -5 cool points for responding to me snarkily.

So what would be better, Titansteel or Dragonsteel Faceplate O-o? I've got both, but from what I heard from this threat, it would seem the Titansteel would be better lol.
    Red Bull Gives You Wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaduckiee
    So what would be better, Titansteel or Dragonsteel Faceplate O-o? I've got both, but from what I heard from this threat, it would seem the Titansteel would be better lol.
    www.codeplex.com/rawr

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    6-7dps is not what i call far superior lol..
    even if its still 6dps or w/e, it is better then Drape of Fuming Anger