Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Holy paladin the only healer without dmg spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Go prot or ret for leveling. Thanks to dual spec there is zero need to worry about the solo viability of healing trees.
    Not everyone likes ret or prot, and not everyone has a rich main to get 1k gold from.

The real question is: Is there any reason to give holy more damage? (lolshockadins and people who just want to be OP excluded)
    Maybe not more holy damage, but perhaps some other school of magic? Or just more melee dps? As was pointed out in the thread already that paladins are the only class that has only talent-bound abilities..

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    It's a little annoying, it's my opinion, imagine the situation: you are outside BG, you respecc in 2sec, refill mana, kill 5-6mobs and have to respecc back as another BG is starting in a sec.
    One word: Preparation=instant health and mana.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Not everyone likes ret or prot, and not everyone has a rich main to get 1k gold from.

Maybe not more holy damage, but perhaps some other school of magic? Or just more melee dps? As was pointed out in the thread already that paladins are the only class that has no talent-bound abilities..
    What?
    I dunno how holy shock isn't talent bound

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    What?
    I dunno how holy shock isn't talent bound
    Fixed the typo I've been drinking most of the day..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Holy shock
    Judgement of X
    Exorcism
    Consecration
    ShoR works as well as holy.

Thats just fine to kill mobs, granted, you won't be as fast as others, true, but it just just fine on its own, and you can aoe grind like a mofo.
    casting all that isnt half bad if you have the sp and crit rating. I do the argent quests and kill the scourge in 3-5 hits always, its fun

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Go prot or ret for leveling. Thanks to dual spec there is zero need to worry about the solo viability of healing trees.

The real question is: Is there any reason to give holy more damage? (lolshockadins and people who just want to be OP excluded)
    Dual spec will still set anyone back 1k gold of which you will also need for Cold weather flying. Anyone who only has one toon will be forced to choose between them. If you want to be a healer and you dont have the gold then you level as a healer. Not being able to do a reasonable amount of damage while leveling as a healer = no healers under max level and no collecting of Healing gear for those who are lucky enough to find a healer to run with.

As to why give holy more damage? Because being a punching bag with no effective means to fight back when your team needs a healer isnt conducive to wanting to be a Healer in PVP.

Holy paladins damage output vs other players is laughable. Without any means to be a credible threat against another player what is the point of doing PVP as a healer?

People are still crying about the healer shortage. This is a game. There is no reason healers shouldnt be able to do respectable DPS. Not only to help with leveling to ensure a population of healers is accesable for everyones enjoyment of the game and to enhance their own defenses in PVP.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Try resto shaman dps. Suck also. The question is if healer dps is any better they probably would unbalance PVP. 1 dps 2 healers teams would start being v good.

Why dont you try the new fotm holy/prot spec?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Try resto shaman dps. Suck also. The question is if healer dps is any better they probably would unbalance PVP. 1 dps 2 healers teams would start being v good.

Why dont you try the new fotm holy/prot spec?
    Resto shaman still have LB, (flameshock, earthshock, frost shock), Lava burst, chain lightning, fire totems and SP to back them up, and the spells are not modified by AP like a paladins.

The Prot/holy spec doesnt even have holy shock. They wear healing gear which means Melee damage sucks and the most damage they get is if they take Holy shield.

It is the one healing spec that does worse damage than Holy/ret and it is only used in Arena, Not for PVE or any sort of leveling.

if you really think other healers do good damage, you're out of your mind...

after all, THEY'RE HEALERS (they make the green numbers happen, not the other ones)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PetoX
    ok, edit: I don't like other healers in PvP having their spell power based spells all with them, they can heal they can kill, while paladin is pure heal in this case
    You got Shock, you got Judgements, you got Exorcism, you got Concecration. You got shitloads of damage tools. Where did you ebay your paladin?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    You got Shock, you got Judgements, you got Exorcism, you got Concecration. You got shitloads of damage tools. Where did you ebay your paladin?
    shock is mainly used for healing. it barely will be used for dmg dealing. judgements..doing 1k crit dmg if you are lucky. exorcism=pve only. concecration= mainly pve. its only so-so effective against melee in pvp. BUT, its a huge mana burner. dont expect it to be used much as healer.

stop talking trash if you dont know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    shock is mainly used for healing. it barely will be used for dmg dealing.
    if you cant make a proper decision when to use it for damage you are a bad healer.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Deleted

shock is mainly used for healing. it barely will be used for dmg dealing. judgements..doing 1k crit dmg if you are lucky. exorcism=pve only. concecration= mainly pve. its only so-so effective against melee in pvp. BUT, its a huge mana burner. dont expect it to be used much as healer.

What do you expect, to do 5k DPS?

Druids shoot occasional dots and wraths, priests do occasional holy fire+SWD burst, shamans do occasional LB+shock, paladins can do their occasional judge + shock. Using shock to heal or DPS is just as much decision as it's for a priest to use that GCD to heal or throw in a smite.

I seriously wonder if I should make a whinethread aswell because I can't heal myself to full hp on all my chars whenever I want.

shaman still, as i said, have it worse off because the majority of the time they use their shock for earth shock and therefore cannot use lavaburst. they do not have the passive shield or dots of disc, or the instants of pallies or the random offensives of a druid (cyclone + the occassional moonfire /w/e their mini nuke is (its late, i forget))

go for engy and get the trinket/glove enchant. srsly.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    shaman still, as i said, have it worse off because the majority of the time they use their shock for earth shock and therefore cannot use lavaburst. they do not have the passive shield or dots of disc, or the instants of pallies or the random offensives of a druid (cyclone + the occassional moonfire /w/e their mini nuke is (its late, i forget))

go for engy and get the trinket/glove enchant. srsly.
    Shaman have
    Flameshock-LVB combo Not the fastest in the world but they are only affected by SP unlike a paladins HoW, judgment, exo for PVE or consecrate
    passive shields=Armor totem, a Shield, Lighting Shield for damage
    DoTs = Magma or Searing Totem and Flame shock any of which do more damage than SoV/SoC and the totems last 30 sec which is 18 sec more than Consecrate
    Intstants = any shock spell which compares to a holy paladins HS and has roughly the same CD and damage
    They also have 2 pet elementals, Fire and Earth.

A holy paladin may pull ahead on Holy shock burst damge but everything else is overshadowed by Lighning bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    Shaman have
    Flameshock-LVB combo Not the fastest in the world but they are only affected by SP unlike a paladins HoW, judgment, exo for PVE or consecrate
    passive shields=Armor totem, a Shield, Lighting Shield for damage
    DoTs = Magma or Searing Totem and Flame shock any of which do more damage than SoV/SoC and the totems last 30 sec which is 18 sec more than Consecrate
    Intstants = any shock spell which compares to a holy paladins HS and has roughly the same CD and damage
    They also have 2 pet elementals, Fire and Earth.

A holy paladin may pull ahead on Holy shock burst damge but everything else is overshadowed by Lighning bolt.
    If you want to level you can spec ret. I cant even imagine if classes and specs are being balanced with damage. So healers get more damage spells an equal damage. Just spec to you damage spec. Hell there even is dual spec out

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    If you want to level you can spec ret. I cant even imagine if classes and specs are being balanced with damage. So healers get more damage spells an equal damage. Just spec to you damage spec. Hell there even is dual spec out
    Ret Blows

Dual specs costs 1k gold so does Cold weather flying and you still have to pay for all of your skill ups when you do level. Not everyone has the resources to go Dual spec.

Classes should be built to level well as ANY spec. They shouldnt be forced into a spec just to level or defend themselves against other players.

Just like epic riding, Dual spec is an option for people who can afford it. It is not required, if it was it would be free.

Not to mention, every time you want to run an instance and your group spends over an hour in LFG looking for a healer and all the time people are whispering you "Can you Heal?" "We need a healer!" And all you can say is "Sorry i'm leveling this toon to be a healer at 80and i cant afford Dual specs and i have crap healing gear since i am only taking DPS gear.

This is a game of which people are supposed to be enjoying and they pay peoples sallaries to do so. They didnt take a hipocratic oath when they rolled a spec with healing spells.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but I don't know what you are complaining about. Tree form druids can't cast any offensive spells at all

Resto is the absolute WORST for doing damage IMO.

I realize your post was initially pvp based...but the thread itself is not. So:

This obviously explains my 5k shocks and 3k judgements, right?
    Along with 2-3k SotR, 2k Exorcism...I don't know many regular mobs that will be alive after a full rotation.
    As far as elites go, holy tends to be able to solo them better than prot or ret.

Btw, saying holy shock is a mana burner...wow. I hear holy pallys have mana issues, right? ESPECIALLY outside of a raid setting.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grangin
    Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but I don't know what you are complaining about. Tree form druids can't cast any offensive spells at all

Resto is the absolute WORST for doing damage IMO.
    Then switch to cat or bear form or just exit tree form and get all of your offensive spells and the spell power of all the healing gear you have to back it up.

Does somebody need to tell you how to play a druid?